It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CD2021....."The Road"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2021 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Had a few days off so I decided to head up 550 to the 4 corners and get in a little fishing as I heard the Browns were hitting grasshopper imitations.
About half way there I noticed a new place in Aztec and pulled into the parking lot. I saw a few other pickups with Orvis stickers, so a perfect place to get info on the bite. Damn there was old Jon taking off his waders, he hollered at me and asked if I was headed to Texas hole. I was. He proceeded to tell me that there was a mutilated cow on the North side and I might consider another spot. Not a chance, there's not another spot in the South West for a chance at a record trout or at least a personal best. I didn't even go into "Cafe Delirium" and headed to the river mutilated cow or not.

There it was alright, tongue removed, udder sliced off, square patches of skin removed with surgical precision, no flies like you would expect and not a soul fishing Texas hole, one of the most hammered places on the river; all to myself. Strung up my rod and tied on the ugliest grasshopper I had in my box, short cast, dead drift, in the closest riffle. Didn't even finish the drift, bright light and found myself on a padded table, unable to move and two little black-eyed bastards staring down at me. I heard a voice in my mind..."welcome olaru12, guess what, we're headed to st. Alpha fishing for Ischnacanthus and you're the bait" Last thing I remember is hearing their laughter before I hit the water.

THE END

posted on Jul, 29 2021 @ 01:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
...and tied on the ugliest grasshopper I had in my box...

So, you were the ugliest human they could find? lol

I liked it.

Irony, humour.

Fun read.

posted on Jul, 29 2021 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Love the twist at the end.

posted on Jul, 29 2021 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Sent shivers up my spine.
Hook, line and sinker that was a good twist.

posted on Jul, 29 2021 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Excellent!

posted on Jul, 30 2021 @ 01:32 AM
link   
Man I got snagged on the hook and didn't even know till I got reeled in.

Great twist.... and coincidentally... this is not the first time I've thought about a concept like this. Of course I was the guy that loved the Twilight Zone, especially the Aliens with the translated cook book, "How to Serve Man",

Enjoyed the twist.
Johnny

edit on 7/30/2021 by JohnnyAnonymous because: I screwed up on the Twilight Zone Episode... I've been up too long.

posted on Jul, 30 2021 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Nice
I liked that

posted on Aug, 4 2021 @ 06:06 AM
link   
I love your sense of humor olaru12! That is a great short story

top topics

join