It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Doctor Who: First Female Doctor Jodie Whittaker will leave the Show next year

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2021 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Pretty sure I read that Cleese wanted it to stop, even though it was a major success……

I still chuckle thinking about him thrashing an inanimate object, his car, with a tree branch

LMFAO

posted on Jul, 29 2021 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Only watched a couple of episodes of that doctor..

The discussions went like this with the wife..

Hey wanna watch doctor who?

No, i dont feel like hating myself for being straight or white this evening.

posted on Jul, 29 2021 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Another Baker fan here even though it was Pertwee who got me hooked.
I have to admit Ecclestone for me, brought a brilliant twist to the character. He seemed to bring a 'humanity' to the character. He also brought a 'seething anger'. Very dark in places.
Wont miss Miss Dr Who one bit, but I did enjoy Bradley Walsh in it.
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Jul, 29 2021 @ 04:04 PM
link   
The Beeb hate you if you are a white normal person who believes in 2 biological genders and are straight……

Just look at the people sacked recently…..all 40+ white males…….

Well, let’s hope that old modern saying comes true for Aunty……go woke, go broke

a reply to: XipeTotex

posted on Jul, 29 2021 @ 04:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: beyondknowledge
She has been on for four years? Tried to watch a couple of episodes but it is just not the Doctor or even a Time Lord.

"Doctor help! Doctor help! Oh wait, I'm the Doctor..." is what I got from the 30 seconds I tried to watch.

We were on notice when the Rainbow Daleks hit the scene, then going transsexual was a railroad spike into the coffin (forget mere nails).

Time to put the whole thing on hiatus, again, and come back when they're ready to put quality ahead of woke pandering.

posted on Jul, 29 2021 @ 04:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

You Brits ruin every TV show. Look what you did to The Office, Top Gear and Shameless...

We were going to copy that black and white movie where you and DBC have to deliver a piano up those long steep stairs but we couldn't find a similar location here.

posted on Jul, 29 2021 @ 05:26 PM
link   

I enjoy the series and I really tried to watch season one but the writing was just crap!

posted on Jul, 29 2021 @ 05:28 PM
link   

You Brits ruin every TV show. Look what you did to The Office, Top Gear and Shameless...

I did a remake called Downton Flabby for Netflix.

posted on Jul, 29 2021 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Not saying you're wrong at all but Disney did the same with Marvel.

posted on Jul, 30 2021 @ 03:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Tulpa

American Red Dwarf , that is all.

/SARCASM

posted on Jul, 30 2021 @ 05:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
I did a remake called Downton Flabby for Netflix.

Were your uptown girls in it?

edit on 30-7-2021 by AugustusMasonicus because: Networkdude has no beer

posted on Jul, 30 2021 @ 06:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Akaspeedy
The Beeb hate you if you are a white normal person who believes in 2 biological genders and are straight……

Just look at the people sacked recently…..all 40+ white males…….

Well, let’s hope that old modern saying comes true for Aunty……go woke, go broke

a reply to: XipeTotex

Sorry to pop your victim bubble, but they really don't hate us. They simply realise we are a minority and there are lots of other people out there.

Re "go work, go broke". When has that actually happened? Wembley a few weeks ago?

Relax, enjoy life, it really isn't that threatening.

posted on Jul, 31 2021 @ 03:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Whodathunkdatcheese

Re "go work, go broke". When has that actually happened? Wembley a few weeks ago?

No , it was around the time of the "Me too" movement when the BBC jumped in with both feet , the BBC's version of "equality" ostracised white men and promoted women which is why their programming is now so female centered and a bit crap if you happen to be a man.

They did the same after the BLM nonsense too because they are now a touchy-feely female centered organisation , white men are bad diversity is the new name of the game , just look at their programming these days.

We are not "the minority" although you'd be forgiven for thinking so if you watch the BBC , the Beeb are now the definition of "Woke" and largely irrelevant to men with minds of their own.

posted on Jul, 31 2021 @ 05:47 AM
link   

Men must not have minds of their own!!!!

Exterminate.....Exterminate........EXTERMINATE!!!!!!

posted on Jul, 31 2021 @ 07:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: NightFlight

Event though I don't believe she is an actor, I've been following on you tube, Jahannah James who is an archeologist and Egyptologist; and, she's from England.
(VIDEO REMOVED to keep size down)
IMHO, I think she would be a very good Dr. Who. The first time I watched one of her videos, I thought out loud - now thats the lady the BBC should have made as the first female Dr. Who! I believe that with her personality and timing, the ratings would have went through the roof - if they let her be herself and not try to change her to something she ain't...

Don't know if she'd make a good Doctor WHO candidate or not... but I watched your linked video of Ms. James and I thought it was an entertaining piece. The fact that she is an Archeologist does add to her character. Her stumbling over unknown words I found very agreeable and adds honesty to the episode.

Not going to say I'm a Baker fan, but suffice it to say that these last incarnations haven't really made me feel warm and cuddly to keep watching the Doctor. It doesn't have the feel of a Dr. WHO program (to me).

Johnny

posted on Jul, 31 2021 @ 10:44 AM
link   
I stopped watching DW when the original run came to an end in 1989, and I wasn't watching it much then.

It should never have been revived. It should have stayed in the BBC archives gathering dust with a sign on it saying 'Do Not Attempt Rescuscitation'.

All the best stories have been done, we have the old footage to enjoy. Let it be.

posted on Aug, 6 2021 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Wow so I missed that much? I used to gobble every episode up as soon as I could grab it. I saw one season with her and quit, haven't watched since.

posted on Aug, 6 2021 @ 09:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Whodathunkdatcheese

White people are the minority? As a white male where can I sign up for my minority privileges?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join