It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Doctor Who: First Female Doctor Jodie Whittaker will leave the Show next year

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2021 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Personal disclosure : I am not a fan of the new Doctor Who and the last Doctor for me was Tom Baker.

So the first female Doctor has revealed that she will be regenerating next year , after 4 years at the helm of the Tardis Jodie Whittaker has decided it's time for someone else to fight the Daleks and fix stuff with the sonic scredriver so after a couple of special episodes starting New Years day she's offski.

Piers Wenger, director of BBC drama, said: "Over the last four years Chris and Jodie have made Doctor Who history and their time on the show is indelibly marked on our memories.

"From Rosa Parks to Ascension Of The Cybermen, Chris and Jodie have given Doctor Who some of its most life-affirming and tear-jerking moments to date, and we are beyond excited to see what they have in store for us in the new series this autumn.

"Jodie's final adventure to mark the BBC's centenary in 2022 is set to be a Doctor Who special to remember.

"I'd like to thank them both for their incredible work on the show."

The BBC has not revealed who will take over the lead role.
news.sky.com...

As for who will take over the role , as it's the BBC I'm guessing it will be someone either Black or Asian because "Equality" , if that is the case I'm hoping for Romesh Ranganathan , how cool would that be ! , I'd watch it.

posted on Jul, 29 2021 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

As for who will take over the role , as it's the BBC I'm guessing it will be someone either Black or Asian because "Equality"

I bet is a gender issue, that's in the agenda these days.

posted on Jul, 29 2021 @ 12:36 PM
link   
She has been on for four years? Tried to watch a couple of episodes but it is just not the Doctor or even a Time Lord. Now if they had done the character like Romanadvoratrelundar, it would have worked.

I am thinking ether a cross gender Dalek or a Cyberman of color for the next regeneration. You know, for diversity.

posted on Jul, 29 2021 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: beyondknowledge

Its a joke of epic proportions.

Hercule Poirot identifying as a female?

Miss Marple an ex bloke?

Gortex, bring back Baker and a large bag of jelly babies.

Our childhoods were exponentially easier and less influenced by the boob tube agenda.

posted on Jul, 29 2021 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Personal disclosure : I am not a fan of the new Doctor Who and the last Doctor for me was Tom Baker.

Tom Baker was the GOAT.

posted on Jul, 29 2021 @ 12:51 PM
link   

But have they gotten rid of Steven Moffat yet? Every show that guy ends up becoming forerunner of declines hard in quality. The Misfits, Sherlock, Dr. Who, all just got ridiculous when he took over.

posted on Jul, 29 2021 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Another Tom Baker fan here.
Jon Pertwee was also very cool but Baker was the best.

Please not Romesh. His type of comedy doesn't work. Not for me, anyway, and I couldn't see him making a good Dr Who.

Not that I really watch TV much anymore but I dread to think what they've got planned for the future / past/ present Dr.
Little time travel joke there.

I bet they've lined up Greta Thugbern to "save the world".

adding.
Maybe Richard Ayoade.
He was great in Garth Merenghis Darkplace.

edit on 2972021 by Tulpa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2021 @ 01:03 PM
link   
When she first took over, I thought "I'll give her a fair shot at it " but 3 episodes is all I could take. Haven't bothered to watch since then. Whoever they pick next will have to be an exceptionally good Dr to make up for this fiasco of a show.

posted on Jul, 29 2021 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Tulpa

Damn you, have to re-watch Garth Merenghi now

Scotch Mist anyone?

posted on Jul, 29 2021 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cymru

Scotch Mist anyone?

Order, sobriety, hope........everything Romford stands for.

posted on Jul, 29 2021 @ 01:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tulpa

originally posted by: Cymru

Scotch Mist anyone?

Order, sobriety, hope........everything Romford stands for.

We need a like button for this alone

posted on Jul, 29 2021 @ 01:24 PM
link   
There is talk that it may be either Phoebe Waller-Bridge or Olly Alexander.
www.msn.com... -AAMHSFP

Im guessing it will be the latter as it was a woman last time.

Mr Alexander,whom I never heard of until I just searched for new DR Who,is gay-which is fine and all,
unless of course the producers use that to turn DR Who into their latest weak attempt at a social engineering excersise by constantly reminding the audience of that fact by inserting it into the story constantly and IMO needlessly.

Which I am betting they will.

Oh well,doesn't bother me as all the new Dr Whos have been atrocious IMO-although David Tennant played the part reasonably,his character wasn't enough to make up for the shoddy production and weak stories.

The old ones were great for their day though,Tom Baker and prior to him I mean.

edit on 29/7/2021 by Silcone Synapse because: sp

posted on Jul, 29 2021 @ 02:23 PM
link   
And you’ll never see the Daleks again……

www.digitalspy.com...

Any point in watching the show if the Who’s most diabolical enemy will never be seen again…..

posted on Jul, 29 2021 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Event though I don't believe she is an actor, I've been following on you tube, Jahannah James who is an archeologist and Egyptologist; and, she's from England.

IMHO, I think she would be a very good Dr. Who. The first time I watched one of her videos, I thought out loud - now thats the lady the BBC should have made as the first female Dr. Who! I believe that with her personality and timing, the ratings would have went through the roof - if they let her be herself and not try to change her to something she ain't...

Take a look and see if you agree or not...
edit on 7/29/2021 by NightFlight because: miss Spelling paid a visit, again...

posted on Jul, 29 2021 @ 02:36 PM
link   
If the story lines suck though……..it could be Brad Pitt or Samuel L Jackson…….if the script sucks, don’t matter who gets the role

posted on Jul, 29 2021 @ 02:36 PM
link   

You Brits ruin every TV show. Look what you did to The Office, Top Gear and Shameless...

posted on Jul, 29 2021 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Akaspeedy
Wow I never knew about that.
No more daleks in dr who-
Thats like having a cup of hot water and being told its coffee.

Terry Nation's estate(the guy who originally invented the daleks and owns the rights)said this:

From the Nation estate came a fiery response, via representative Tim Hancock: the estate said it was "bitterly disappointed" by how the negotiations had played out, suggesting it was looking "to protect the integrity" of the Daleks while the BBC worked to "ruin the brand".

www.digitalspy.com...

So I'm going on a limb here-I bet the wokey Beeb wanted to change the daleks from being a malevolent race into being something which more resembles a metallic version of those chubby purple haired ladies who scream "REEEE" at anyone they find offensive.
Or perhaps a sad opressed dalek who believes its a kettle but everyone keeps hurting its feeling by calling it a dalek instead of trying to fill its head up with water as it lurks unmenacingly in the corner of the kitchen.

If that is the case as I supect,big well done to the estate of Terry Nation.

posted on Jul, 29 2021 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Yep…the bbc want to ruin the brand because ya know, wokeness and all that, yawn……seems the needs of the few outweigh the needs of the many at the bbc

Ugh

a reply to: Silcone Synapse

posted on Jul, 29 2021 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

You Brits ruin every TV show. Look what you did to The Office, Top Gear and Shameless...

...and The IT Crowd.
edit on 7/29/2021 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2021 @ 03:51 PM
link   
It’s one reason fawlty towers is such a classic and best only fools and horses as the top British comedy…….keep it short and don’t cash in on it by making loads more series and one off specials…..

Just keep it special by leaving it be

reply to: Klassified

top topics

<<   2 >>

join