It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I want my 2 dollars or What is Nielson up to?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2021 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Forgive me mods if this is in the wrong place and can move it if needed.
I honestly thought Nielson Ratings were a thing of past? No They are still around! The TOP 10

Has anyone else received 2 crisp dollars CASH in the mail? Yes cash! Weird! Don't think I have ever seen Cash in the Mail before other than my Aunt on my Birthday lol

I will take the $2 cause why not? Not sure I will go for the $5 though so they can see my viewing habits...

posted on Jul, 29 2021 @ 11:50 AM
link   
yes on three ocasions ive got money in the mail with a few home surveys, id get a box of cereal and $5 bucks to eat it and tell them what i think, cept it was cinamon toast crunch and it has been around for years, who knows what they did to it lol i think the most i got was $8 in cash, kinda cool was out of smokes lol enough for a pack a marbs

posted on Jul, 29 2021 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a reply to: MiaBandetoh

Put in that you watch 7+ hours of SHO's adult programming a day and see if they send the $5 anyway.

posted on Jul, 29 2021 @ 11:51 AM
link   
ive got that stupid neilson app too, thought they paid in gift cards and use to be paypal,ive never cashed it in yet, been a year or so

posted on Jul, 29 2021 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Got the envelope opened it for some reason (wonder how many are just thrown away), pocketed the cash. Filled out the form (half heartedly) received another 5 couple weeks later. *shrugs* easy $7

posted on Jul, 29 2021 @ 12:19 PM
link   
I had a Neilson employee tell me something interesting. Twice in my life, in the 80's and then the 90's, I have been part of a Neilson family. They did send the money to me. I did it because I wanted to "save" my favorite shows.

I asked a Neilson employee why they are asking people to fill our their forms anymore with cable being able to track what you watch. She chuckled and said, we are going to stop sending out the booklets (this was awhile ago). We can get the ratings directly from cable providers. So if you have cable, they are watching what you watch and sending it to Neilson, as they know your demographics.

I was surprised to see an app for it. But I guess streaming may have messed up their ratings. However, they could get the data from streaming services, but the services would have a vested interest in lying to Neilson to inflate their ratings.

Interesting to see self reporting coming back.

posted on Jul, 29 2021 @ 12:24 PM
link   
I was really surprised to see a paper document that I need to fill out! That seems odd in this digital era.

posted on Jul, 29 2021 @ 12:24 PM
link   

I kept the money they mailed me and threw away
their survey.

posted on Jul, 29 2021 @ 12:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: mamabeth

I kept the money they mailed me and threw away
their survey.

2 Dollars for you! LOL

posted on Jul, 29 2021 @ 04:42 PM
link   
I just received one, a $5 dollar bill with a promise of another $20 if i completed survey. I completed survey but no $20 yet. The $5 was a nice surprise.

I agree with the post about how many people throw these away? I would bet over 20k nationwide.

posted on Jul, 29 2021 @ 04:45 PM
link   
I've got the cash envelope one time in my life. Whoopie! I can buy a gallon of milk and gallon of gas, for now.

top topics

join