It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America’s ‘Great Retreat’ is well underway

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2021 @ 04:38 AM
link   
Besides all the military maneuvers (or lack there of) I had wondered why the case against the Chinese spies had been dropped ? Looks like we have the answer as the Chinese were treating us mean.. I wonder what the Biden admin got in return for dropping the cases ?

Why would the US Department of Justice drop five cases against Chinese researchers including Dr Juan Tang, a cancer researcher who allegedly lied on her visa application after photos of her were found wearing a Chinese military uniform?

Part of the answer is that Tang’s case was dropped to facilitate Deputy Secretary of State Wendy Sherman’s high-level visit this week to China, where she was treated hostilely by her Chinese hosts.
Part of the answer is that Tang’s case was dropped to facilitate Deputy Secretary of State Wendy Sherman’s high-level visit this week to China, where she was treated hostilely by her Chinese hosts.

The five cases are just part of a bigger picture which can best be termed as “The Great Retreat.” In many areas, the US is lowering its profile and backing away from its commitments.

For example, the US has pulled its only aircraft carrier, the USS Ronald Reagan, from the Pacific ostensibly to cover the retreat from Afghanistan. But whether the Ronald Reagan carrier will return to Japan in the future isn’t altogether clear.

Several years ago during the Obama term I made a reply to some thread here at ATS that the state department was losing support and allies in S.E. Asia because of their trustworthiness. Since that long ago post China is building ports for ships and buying politicians left and right all over the world. China is even in Afghanistan making a treaty with the Taliban which request they fight the Uyghurs who are in Afghanistan.

The US has also pulled its air defense systems, including the Patriot and THAAD from Saudi Arabia, Iraq, Jordan and the United Arab Emirates, making clear its displeasure with those countries and underscoring its effort to conciliate Iran.
Why am I not surprised if this is true ?

In essence, then, the current US posture is best defined as “The Great Retreat.” The US is pulling in its military horns, at least for the time being, leaving partners and allies, especially in the Middle East and East Asia, exposed and uncertain.

Under the circumstances, many current US allies and partners may thus seek accommodation with China or in the Middle East aligned instead with Russia and Iran.

It is a long article to read if interested as they hit some of the high and low points of what they are calling "the great retreat."
asiatimes.com...
edit on 727thk21 by 727Sky because: added link

posted on Jul, 29 2021 @ 04:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: 727Sky
Besides all the military maneuvers (or lack there of) I had wondered why the case against the Chinese spies had been dropped ? Looks like we have the answer as the Chinese were treating us mean.. I wonder what the Biden admin got in return for dropping the cases ?

[...]

Forgive me, but where is the source for the quotes?
edit on Thu Jul 29 2021 by DontTreadOnMe because: done....and trimmed quote IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

posted on Jul, 29 2021 @ 05:58 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

No retreat necessary. You just need to start making stuff that is as good as the japanese then send it abroad from your own factroues rather than transplants.

Ok if I buy a Ford Focus made in Europe they are ok quite nice but things fall off them all the time. A second hand Focus is a little hit and miss, a second hand Toyota is a safe bet in comparision.

Pull back from transplants, start making the stuff at home again nto qualities we once expected from USA products then clean up as many people love stuff from American labels.

posted on Jul, 29 2021 @ 06:13 AM
link   
Remember I posted this: Chinese Spider Web Trap, well it was for politicians only at the time. Then I came up with FEAR = Fear Every American Regardless, then recently I posted FEAR = Fear Every Alien Regardless. ( Alien means all mankind )

We have been lied so much by those that are in charge of our well being that recently a lie = the truth. So my final statement that I've been posting is this: Madness leads to confusion. In my own honest opinion I believe now we have gone beyond the stage of Madness into a worldwide state of CONFUSION which leads us to my " Chinese Spider Web Trap " of life these days which has lead all of us into living in an " OPEN DOOR PRISON ".

posted on Jul, 29 2021 @ 07:54 AM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

I think all of the world's leaders are in on it together to lock us in the "OPEN DOOR PRISON" The prison and cell walls are the booster shots that we will have to get in order to survive into the coming years. Leave the prison by not getting the shot and you will leave this world. Not doing what the government wants? No shot for you.
edit on 29 7 2021 by tamusan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2021 @ 11:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: tamusan
a reply to: musicismagic

I think all of the world's leaders are in on it together to lock us in the "OPEN DOOR PRISON" The prison and cell walls are the booster shots that we will have to get in order to survive into the coming years. Leave the prison by not getting the shot and you will leave this world. Not doing what the government wants? No shot for you.

If we could know everything publicly that was spoken and planned at the last Bilderberg meeting, the worlds people would be out for their blood and building guillotines for their judgement.

new topics

top topics

join