It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Uploading images and posting are we in the early 2000's?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2021 @ 05:49 AM
link   
a reply to: MiaBandetoh

I have issues when I try to upload from my Ipad.
It has something to do with how the Ipad names the file.
Because when I try to upload my JPEG from my device, it says only .jpg is accepted.
So I need to change the extension by deleting the "E" for it to upload.

But on desktop, I rarely have issues.

posted on Jul, 29 2021 @ 05:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: dug88
a reply to: Rikku

Hmmm, ATS lets you browse images locally. Some more 'modern' forums

I have been with ATS since its inception. ATS actually changed to having to upload images to your account. Before that you could simply link to the source and post pics that way.

posted on Jul, 29 2021 @ 05:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: tamusan

And they aren't monetizing my personal information

How are you that sure of that?

posted on Jul, 29 2021 @ 07:26 AM
link   
If the file size is too large, or you are using an unsupported file extension, it won't upload.
The newer .webp is not supported.

posted on Jul, 29 2021 @ 08:20 AM
link   
a reply to: everyone
If they are trying they don't get much of anything really marketable about me. I could make a long drawn post about why and my other internet security habits, but it'd be too long of an off-topic.

posted on Jul, 29 2021 @ 08:50 AM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyAnonymous

Yeah same photo size just different angles of basically the same thing. Says it uploads no errors and yet doesn't show up.

Yes I have uploaded a few other photos it's not a complex process, but I do not believe this is all on me...

Also in those "instructions" I see dimension (pixels) which is not the same as size (file size doesn't = dimensions). Where does it mention file size?

I guess size does matter?
edit on 29-7-2021 by MiaBandetoh because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2021 @ 10:31 AM
link   

I believe awhile back Skeptic had to put a governor on anything large, so I believe it's like anything below a meg (don't quote me) But I just uploaded a 900kb jpg (notice not jpeg). All went well.

If I'm going to post something, I try to bring it down in size anyway, because the larger your files/pics/etc. are, the longer it takes for the page to load. So it's less taxing on the community to use smaller files, if that makes any sense at all. So if I can try to keep my maximum pic size as 200kb which still allows for large frame shots.

Don't know what else to share with you that you probably don't already know already. ATS is like a living entity and it has aches and pains on some days depending on traffic, ddos attacks and the general Internet. We do our best to keep up with the glitches, but a lot of times without our members using the complaint/alert feature/button. A lot of times what you might be experiencing, others are not, so unless we get an alert about the subject we'll never know about it.

For example, wouldn't your frustration been better worked out by going to Board Business and Questions where glitches like these are generally located at. Surely you remember... right?

I normally don't do the Rant Area.... So feel compelled to ask,,, did you want to get the problem fixed, or did you just want to "rant" about your problem?

Johnny Anonymous

posted on Jul, 29 2021 @ 10:38 AM
link   

No problems here.

posted on Jul, 29 2021 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyAnonymous

It was a sizing issue (just a slight bit larger than the files I already uploaded).

Funny if it is the wrong type it tells you, wrong size it just appears to work, but nothing shows up.

Thank you for your help with this.

posted on Aug, 20 2021 @ 04:32 AM
link   

I had problems, too, but then I read this:

test.abovetopsecret.com...

After that, I just needed to make sure of two things:

1) The filesize should be within the limitations
2) The file format needs to conform to the norm
3) The file extension needs to be standard

Don't even try uploading BMPs or such, just use more standard formats and it should work.

I hope this helps.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join