It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Illinois Decriminalizes Transmission of HIV

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+21 more 
posted on Jul, 28 2021 @ 10:14 PM
link   
So, in this world where vaccine passports are on the horizon, unvaccinated folks are Granny killing murderers and people who don't obey and take the experimental vaccine shouldn't receive hospital treatment or get to live a normal life....

Illinois has decided to make it legal to have sex with another person while knowing you are HIV positive and not disclose it to them before hand. Yes, it is now legal in Illinois to spread a disease that will # you for the rest of your life.

www.chicagotribune.com...

The Illinois Senate on Tuesday passed a bill that would repeal a law that left HIV-positive people open to felony charges for failing to disclose their health status to partners before unprotected sex.

“People living with HIV, or even at risk for HIV, can breathe a sigh of relief,” said Timothy Jackson, director of government relations at AIDS Foundation Chicago.

“Laws that criminalize HIV are outdated, dangerous, discriminatory, and out of line with current science,” Sen. Robert Peters, a Chicago Democrat who sponsored the legislation, said in a statement. “This practice has no place in modern society. HIV is a medical condition and must be treated as such. Individuals living with it should not have to fear being punished simply because they are sick.”

That's right, it's discriminatory to punish people who knowingly put someone else at risk of a disease that will ruin the rest of their lives without telling them and they shouldn't be punished because they are sick.

Again, it is now legal to know you have HIV, have unprotected sex with another person and not tell them tyou are HIV positive, whether or not they now have HIV for the rest od their lives. Potentially permanently affecting any other person they are with, any future children they have. It's a disease with real actual consequences that never ever go away for anyone that gets it.

Honestly, i can't say any more about this, this just makes me too #ing mad. With all the constant bull# surrounding covid...this...just #ing this...

edit on 28/7/2021 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

+6 more 
posted on Jul, 28 2021 @ 10:17 PM
link   
a reply to: dug88

I wonder if big pharma was behind it to sell more of them life saving pills.

posted on Jul, 28 2021 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Illinois has decided to make it legal to have sex with another person

I stopped there.

If thats their stance...I hope they make it legal to bomb illinois.

posted on Jul, 28 2021 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Honestly dug, I don't know whether I should be laughing or not. Sure, angry ... yes .... totally ...... but this is sooooooo far out there into a world of W the actual F insanity I have no words ... just laughter.

posted on Jul, 28 2021 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Dude.... Covid has killed more people than HIV. And is atleast, like 5 times more contagious.

You dont even have to have sex with someone, to catch Covid (but it helps) !!!! Think about that. As long as youre vaccinated, wearing a mask, and 6 feet apart then government has no place in your bedroom, or womb if vaccinated and while paying for your birth control.

/sarcasm

edit on 28-7-2021 by CrawlingChaos because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-7-2021 by CrawlingChaos because: Extreme humor

posted on Jul, 28 2021 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Alex Jones was right.

We live on a prison planet.

posted on Jul, 28 2021 @ 10:52 PM
link   

They did this in Canada and California, too. The reason behind it is that they're putting male sex offenders in women's prisons, where the male predators are predictably and routinely raping the captive women who are now forced to cell with them. 70+% of men who pretend they're women are HIV+. 89% of convicted male sex offenders, a group that includes pedophiles and serial rapists, have autogynephilia (the sexual fetish that incites "transgenderism") among their top 3 paraphilias, with a full 60% IDing as "trans".

posted on Jul, 28 2021 @ 11:25 PM
link   

In theory I agree that HIV+ people shouldn't be criminalized, but this is outrageous. It has to do with consent. Who in their right mind would consent to having unprotected sex with someone with HIV? Not telling someone you have an STD and having sex with them is rape.

posted on Jul, 28 2021 @ 11:36 PM
link   

They can prep your food, work with your children, and give you a Brazilian wax all without telling you.

Unpopular opinion: you shouldn't have unprotected sex with strangers and if you do, let's not pretend you care about STDs that much.

posted on Jul, 29 2021 @ 12:24 AM
link   
a reply to: tamusan

Think bigger. Big Pharma is also funding Big Trans.

posted on Jul, 29 2021 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Wear a mask EVEN IF YOU DONT HAVE COVID, but dont wrap yer talllywacker EVEN IF YOU HAVE AIDS and DONT TELL ANYONE if you dont want to!

Ok! Got it! Makes sense! Logic of the left!
edit on 2021 by shaemac because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2021 @ 12:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ksihkehe

They can prep your food, work with your children, and give you a Brazilian wax all without telling you.

Unpopular opinion: you shouldn't have unprotected sex with strangers and if you do, let's not pretend you care about STDs that much.

Seriously. Do a background check and make them get STD check. It really has come to this.

posted on Jul, 29 2021 @ 12:43 AM
link   
a reply to: shaemac
Doctors/surgeons aren't allowed to treat patients with anything sharp if they have HIV.

So when they gonna remove those rules?

edit on 29-7-2021 by BlackArrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2021 @ 12:54 AM
link   
They might as well go ahead and make it legal to inject someone with a poison, or heavy metal, or HPV virus or any other plethora of life altering compounds that can be injected into a person.

That is basically what you are doing when you have HIV and unprotected sex. You are injecting their body with a disease that is debilitating.

I hate to say it, God knows I do, but it's going to end when people have had enough of this crap and we have a redux of what happened in the late 1800's.

posted on Jul, 29 2021 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Brainwashed democrats.

Changing law to protect other brainwashed democrats.

Who intentionally infect others with HIV.

Sick.

posted on Jul, 29 2021 @ 01:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: game over man

In theory I agree that HIV+ people shouldn't be criminalized, but this is outrageous. It has to do with consent. Who in their right mind would consent to having unprotected sex with someone with HIV? Not telling someone you have an STD and having sex with them is rape.

No it's not rape, it's equivalent to committing egregious bodily harm or even attempted murder in my mind. I have a great deal of sympathy for people suffering with HIV, but you have to be a truly self-centered a-hole to not tell a person before you have sex with them. You know who can't "breathe a sigh of relief" with these new laws, the vast majority of single people who live in Illinois. I'm staunchly against mandatory vaccines but this is pure insanity. HIV is a life threatening disease with no known cure, it's miles beyond Covid-19 and scares me 1000x more than Covid-19. So why are we taught to be scared witless of the one which might cause some unpleasant flu-like symptoms and not the one which will totally destroy our immune system forever? People have gone bonkers.
edit on 29/7/2021 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2021 @ 01:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: shaemac

Seriously. Do a background check and make them get STD check. It really has come to this.

It's never been otherwise for me. I just don't have unprotected sex with people randomly.

I don't see why the government needs to play crotch goalie for irresponsible promiscuous citizens when they already provide millions of free condoms.

posted on Jul, 29 2021 @ 01:39 AM
link   

It's never been otherwise for me. I just don't have unprotected sex with people randomly.

I don't see why the government needs to play crotch goalie for irresponsible promiscuous citizens when they already provide millions of free condoms.

Because intentionally infecting someone with HIV is attempted murder.

With a slow motion weapon.

posted on Jul, 29 2021 @ 02:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nunyabizisit

Because intentionally infecting someone with HIV is attempted murder.

With a slow motion weapon.

Attempted murder is already a crime. Why do we need a lesser crime to roll into it?

How many people do you think this law got off the streets? How many HIV positive people in a bathroom stall at the local honk and bonk do you think stopped in the moment of passion, hovering just inches from unprotected intercourse, because they remembered this Illinois State Statute XXX.XX?

This sounds bad when you read the title, but if you think it through it really isn't.

Repealing this law is based on the same reasoning I use to reject COVID ID. It's forcing you to disclose a medical condition and it doesn't do jack to actually protect anybody.

posted on Jul, 29 2021 @ 02:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Ksihkehe

I didn't know prepping food, caring for children or getting a Brazilian wax could infect your with any diseases, let alone HIV.

Cheers, I learnt something today........

fml

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join