It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One last drink [CD2021]

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2021 @ 01:20 AM
link   
He was on the run, since this morning. The bug out bag and his mental condition were weighting heavy on him. He was lucky to get a hitchhike, but they only got him to the next village.
His phone was dying, so he decided to go into this coffeshop and have something to drink and a good smoke, while he recharges his phone. He went to the counter, selected his favorite pre rolled, ordered something to drink, and went to find a table.
Sitting there smoking and waiting for his drink, he tried to make sense of the last couple of days. So many coincidences, and happenstances, where all rationality failed.
He was feeling exhausted, and very thirsty. The moment his Homebrew Ice tea arrived he drank it in one fell swoop, that was good, or was it…strange slightly bitter aftertaste…
It’s as if he was fighting something, someone, on a level he did not believe to exist until recently. On top, it seems most of his peer group was well aware what he was going through, but did not share any insights, as if they were the ones perpetrating it. He found himself alone in a world of predators, imposters, and thieves.
He started to feel a little out of phase, but didn’t give it any more consideration, as it was to be expected. Suddenly the waitress walks up on him asking if everything was in order. It sure was, but never before has a waitress in this establishment come to him asking anything. That was odd, and he started noticing some pain in his stomach… was this another attack, he looked around and found the barman giving him a suspicious look.
He paid and left, with increasing belly ache.
Walking down the road leaving the village, he started to get delirious, something was off. Did they get him for good? The bitter Ice tea? That thought started to weigh heavy.
Further down the road there was a grave size hole dug out, which prompted him to call his mother, after a weeping phone call, he was now sure he was all alone, everyone he ever knew was in on the scheme, there is no way to survive this. Desperate, he took off his backpack and laid down into, what was clearly meant to be his grave...

The End

posted on Jul, 28 2021 @ 08:10 AM
link   
It's so bad and blunt, and still gives me a laugh...

posted on Jul, 28 2021 @ 08:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Terpene

I enjoyed that terpene.

Heavy, I liked it. Can I join you in the grave? Oh wait, it’s only room for one..

s&f
edit on 28-7-2021 by CrazyBlueCat because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2021 @ 08:50 AM
link   
a reply to: CrazyBlueCat

Thanks but

You enjoy every short story so there is that...

It's a cozy grave, entrance only "en trance" get that delirium ice tea and we are good to go

posted on Jul, 28 2021 @ 09:00 AM
link   

You are absolutely right, I have enjoyed every short story

Oh okay, grabbing some delirium tea now

posted on Jul, 28 2021 @ 09:01 AM
link   

I liked this story and keep up the good work!

posted on Jul, 28 2021 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: mamabeth

Oh come on everyone stop flattering me... I wrote this piece of sh.....ort story in like 10 min.
hardly any work here...

posted on Jul, 28 2021 @ 12:33 PM
link   

I have spent about the same amount of time on some
of my past entries as well.I am still working on another
story,but I had to do some research for it first.I haven't
even started the rough draft yet.
Enjoy the flattering when it comes your way,you may not
always get it.Write whatever you like to read and you will
do alright.

posted on Jul, 28 2021 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Was good.

I could picture an expanded version of this on Outer Limits.

You earned a SnF, though I always give them.

edit on 7/28/2021 by MykeNukem because: sp.

posted on Jul, 29 2021 @ 09:01 AM
link   
a reply to: MykeNukem

Yeah?.... kind of like.... the end is just the beginning?

new topics

top topics

join