It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Example of Sensible Government

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2021 @ 10:41 PM
link   
One rare example of sensible government I recently found.

Governor of Florida Ron DeSantis' recent press conference:

reason.com...

Excerpt:

"If anyone is calling for lockdowns, you're not getting that done in Florida. I'm going to protect people's livelihoods. I'm going to protect kids' right to go to school. I'm going to protect people's right to run their small businesses," DeSantis said at a press conference in Fort Pierce, Florida, yesterday. "We have three vaccines that have been widely available for months and months now. People need to make decisions what's right for them."

It's that last line that struck home the hardest and one I wholeheartedly agree with.

"People need to make the decisions what's right for them."

Imagine that. No totalitarian governing here. No overreaching dictatorship like what we regularly hear and see with Whitmer, Cuomo, Newsome, and many other leftist and RINO governors.

Sensible government.

Let the people choose what's right for them.

posted on Jul, 27 2021 @ 10:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Type1338

I'm a Floridian, and he is the best governor we've ever had, he says what he thinks, and his number one goal is to let people prosper.

posted on Jul, 27 2021 @ 10:59 PM
link   
How many people die from misdiagnoses, medical mistakes, and side effects of medications. Are they going to ban all of those things because people die from them? Are they going to restrict our rights to go to the doctors because diseases are floating around their offices, lots of diseases.

No...of course not yet they are destroying people's lives by locking things down. Our society has been torn apart by these people pushing agendas on both side of the aisle.

If mandated in stores, I will wear a mask if it is required. After all, the vaccine does not work like they said it would. I heard fauchi claim that they did not know that people who were vaccinated could still pass on covid and get the disease...didn't he read the initial reports from the Pharma company, are the people at the head of that agency all ignorant and ignore scientific evidence if it does not meet their beliefs?

posted on Jul, 27 2021 @ 11:10 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Come on. Don’t you know that science changes by the minute. You can’t blame the scientists for not following the scientific method and having peer reviewed evidence to support their claims.

posted on Jul, 27 2021 @ 11:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrEnergy

Come on. Don’t you know that science changes by the minute. You can’t blame the scientists for not following the scientific method and having peer reviewed evidence to support their claims.

Real science does not change, interpretations of evidence is done utilizing belief, not science.

Give the same research to five different scientists with different beliefs and knowledge and the interpretations could be completely different.

posted on Jul, 27 2021 @ 11:32 PM
link   

I really like DeSantis. He makes a lot of sense when I hear him speak.

posted on Jul, 27 2021 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Five? I’m sure we can trust just one. After all, he does get paid more then the president. His interpretation has to be the only one that really matters and carries any credibility with it. If it wasn’t, why would he have been given that position?

posted on Jul, 27 2021 @ 11:49 PM
link   
"Sensible government?"

Sounds like an oxymoron to me.

posted on Jul, 28 2021 @ 01:34 AM
link   
I was hoping for a picture of most of our political elites in a circle jerk school circle committing a murder suicide scenario on each other. I’m disappointed.

posted on Jul, 28 2021 @ 01:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star

You have good sense. Your a smart girl. Your husband was wise to marry you. Leaper...

posted on Jul, 28 2021 @ 02:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrEnergy

Five? I’m sure we can trust just one. After all, he does get paid more then the president. His interpretation has to be the only one that really matters and carries any credibility with it. If it wasn’t, why would he have been given that position?

Fauchi probably had someone he knew get him into his position. Most of the people at the head of government agencies would not make it in private industry. Unless of course they get offered a job by the pharma company because they still will have pull in the agencies of government. I don't know if Fauchi was once any good, but I have seen little good come out of what he has been doing in this pandemic. I think he should retire. Initially I thought his actions to close things up a bit was good but once they knew how well our immune systems can identify this virus, he should have focused on talking to the medical industry to change some people's meds to lessen their risk and concentrated on protecting the ones at most risk. They knew almost right away that this virus mutates easily, no vaccine is going to work for long unless it trains the whole immune system to respond to it.

posted on Jul, 29 2021 @ 02:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: visitedbythem

originally posted by: Night Star

You have good sense. Your a smart girl. Your husband was wise to marry you. Leaper...

Bahaha! I always forget about the Leaper nickname I earned by falling UP the stairs.
Thank you for the kind words my dear friend!

new topics

top topics

join