It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AOC Calls for ‘Abolishment’ of ‘Carceral System’ in America

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2021 @ 05:02 PM
link   
This crazy lady spouting off again...

timcast.com...
AOC Calls for ‘Abolishment’ of ‘Carceral System’ in America

“I want to abolish our carceral system that’s designed to trap Black and Brown men,” AOC told a rally of Turner supporters in Cleveland. “I want justice, I want peace, and I want prosperity. That’s what I want.”

So all of her ideas have been top notch entertainment, this has not failed to amuse.

She may get some traction afterall, the left has lost it and will accept any and all extreme ideas.

“If we want to reduce violent crime, if we want to reduce the number of people in our jails, the answer is to stop building more of them,” Ocasio-Cortez said.

Thoughts? Praises?

posted on Jul, 27 2021 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Butterfinger

AOC is nothing but entertainment

posted on Jul, 27 2021 @ 05:07 PM
link   
I say we do it.call their bluff. Abolish the police ,abolish the prisons take care of yourselves while the cancer that is the democrat party destroys itself. Then after all the convicts have killed all the corrupt politicians and each other, the red states swoop in and rebuild from the ashes.

posted on Jul, 27 2021 @ 05:08 PM
link   

I had to look up "Carceral" to get some history on the term.

Hmm, so the first question that jumps to my mind is - How are we suppose to manage and reduce violent crime without enforcement and punishment?

I think any society, regardless of its composition, will be afflicted with crime and violence. In nature, it is generally dealt with much more finality that civilized society. Is what we currently have the best solution? Probably no, but removing it is probably not the best answer...

+3 more 
posted on Jul, 27 2021 @ 05:10 PM
link   
I can't get my head round how these people think... its just too far fetched .
It can't be labelled anything other than mental illness.. way beyond stupid.

posted on Jul, 27 2021 @ 05:11 PM
link   
a reply to: NotGuilty

No need to rebuild. We’ll just plant some ground cover and then add soybeans later.

posted on Jul, 27 2021 @ 05:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: rigel4
I can't get my head round how these people think... its just too far fetched .
It can't be labelled anything other than mental illness.. way beyond stupid.

A differing opinion does not always indicate mental illness. There seems to be a lot of concern for the mental health of people on the left side of the isle.

They can be wrong, or misguided or overly-optimistic, but they don't have to be mentally ill.

edit on 27-7-2021 by MDDoxs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2021 @ 05:15 PM
link   
But Whites have the highest percentage in prisons 😃

posted on Jul, 27 2021 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Just what is a problem with

''“I want to abolish our carceral system that’s designed to trap Black and Brown men,”

What is wrong with that. By now we all should know that people that are held to lower class status in this country are more apt to be targeted for imprisonment.

''I want justice''. What's wrong with that

''I want peace''. What's wrong with that.

I want prosperity. Noting ''crazy about that either.

She also said.

''“If we want to reduce violent crime, if we want to reduce the number of people in our jails, the answer is to stop building more of them,”

While this may sound crazy to some it takes on a very different meaning when we understand that to a very large degree our penal system is now a privately owned system that relies for it's profit upon the incarceration of as many people as possible.

That statement also takes on meaning that was intended by her statement but left out of the quote from the OP

“The answer is to make sure that we actually build more hospitals, we pay organizers, we get people mental health care and overall health care, employment, etc. It’s to support communities, not throw them away.”

Use that money to help rather than condemn.

posted on Jul, 27 2021 @ 05:26 PM
link   
AOC is a total idiot, but I can agree with some of what she's saying. Our prison system definitely needs an overhaul, and building more prisons is not the answer. On these two points we can agree, but the rest of that is mostly nonsense.

I don't find her amusing, I find it terrifying that people like her are part of the legislative process in this country.

edit on 7/27/2021 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2021 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Well... crazy eyed horse should get the first trial run in her own district

i mean write that in the agreement and law or something if shes genuinely serious?

posted on Jul, 27 2021 @ 05:38 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

The Chicago Court System disagrees 🤣

posted on Jul, 27 2021 @ 05:39 PM
link   

By her logic, she's giving everyone permission to rob her with no consequence?

posted on Jul, 27 2021 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Legalize weed and release all non-violent drug offenders. Polls show a majority support legalizing weed.

It's really not hard. It would be the fastest and easiest way to make massive changes to our penal system.

So, when there's wide support for something and it's within her power to advocate for, why is she not doing that? She doesn't want a solution. She wants her solution, which will also come encumbered with many trillions of dollars in green new deal spending and probably will have no impact on the quality of life for prisoners.

posted on Jul, 27 2021 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Okay. Go talk to Joe since he was the one that wrote the law (his biggest bit of legislation passed into law). And then talk to Kamala as she built a career on it as well.

Three Strikes...

posted on Jul, 27 2021 @ 05:48 PM
link   

I mean why not, they have a wet dream for their nerdbag pervert Bill Gates world hall pass system.
Technocratic police world.
They will just cut off your food or lethal-inject your a## if you "question thy author-i-tay"

posted on Jul, 27 2021 @ 05:49 PM
link   

She had too much alcohol in her brain, that is why she can not think straight, she is pelosi pet project and her personal bartender.

posted on Jul, 27 2021 @ 05:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
By now we all should know that people that are held to lower class status in this country are more apt to be targeted for imprisonment.

The problem is that there seems to be a growing element in society which believes the people who choose to remain in their lower class status should also be held to a lower class standard where behavior and self control are concerned. Jail *should* be a motivator to do better and be better, unfortunately it isn't... that's the ultimate puzzle here... what, short of vastly expanding capital punishment, will motivate these lower class citizens to improve themselves to an acceptable bahavioral standard?

posted on Jul, 27 2021 @ 05:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ksihkehe

Legalize weed and release all non-violent drug offenders. Polls show a majority support legalizing weed.

It's really not hard. It would be the fastest and easiest way to make massive changes to our penal system.

So, when there's wide support for something and it's within her power to advocate for, why is she not doing that? She doesn't want a solution. She wants her solution, which will also come encumbered with many trillions of dollars in green new deal spending and probably will have no impact on the quality of life for prisoners.

They need to do it slow enough that the feds can yank firearm rights on the backside of states legalizing.
Hence the id scanning at all the dispensaries.

posted on Jul, 27 2021 @ 05:55 PM
link   

“If we want to reduce violent crime, execute the seriously violent criminals.
Give them 40 lashes first

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join