It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Body, My Choice, My .38 Special

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2021 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Here's a band I always liked and used to play this song of theirs in a band I was in. .38 Special "Hold On Loosely."

They're still together and touring!

posted on Jul, 27 2021 @ 04:17 PM
link   
If I recall we had ... marksman, sharpshooter, expert.
I got sharpshooter. I was like one hit off from expert.

Fun times.
I dont have a rifle anymore.
Only used to have a revolver i lost.

a reply to: TrulyColorBlind

posted on Jul, 27 2021 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Good riff.

Reminds me of Boston a lot.

posted on Jul, 27 2021 @ 04:26 PM
link   
RIP so many members

posted on Jul, 27 2021 @ 04:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: chris_stibrany
Fun times.

Yeah, when I qualified, we had to shoot 40 rounds. I chose the 10-round clips because they didn't jam like the banana clips did. And when I did qualify, two of the 10-round clips only had 9 shells in them. To qualify in the highest category, the Expert, you could only miss up to four shots out of 40. I only missed two that I shot at, and then two rounds I didn't even get to shoot, which counted as two more.
Fun times indeed!
edit on 27-7-2021 by TrulyColorBlind because: Corrected a typo.

posted on Jul, 27 2021 @ 04:49 PM
link   
I could have swore i got 36 out of 40 but maybe it was 34. the PING was so gratifying lol

Even more fun was the movement when you had to switch from prone to kneeling to wrong hand to jamming to standing etc.

Most everything else was #e tho . .

I like the taste of MREs tho. Some of that also comes from Boy Scouts haha
Who knew they were so expensive.

posted on Jul, 27 2021 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Fun times.

I got Marksman too.

My rose...

PS that was one of my favorite songs. I love how clean it hits. Cranking it up right now! Thanks.
edit on 27-7-2021 by visitedbythem because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2021 @ 05:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: visitedbythem
I got Marksman too.
My rose...

All beautiful looking guns! Is that one on the bottom a .45? It is the smallest frame there, but probably shoots the biggest round.

posted on Jul, 27 2021 @ 05:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrulyColorBlind

originally posted by: visitedbythem
I got Marksman too.
My rose...

All beautiful looking guns! Is that one on the bottom a .45? It is the smallest frame there, but probably shoots the biggest round.

Thats a Kimber stainless Ultra Carry 2. It has a match grade Bull barrel. Its the smallest precision concealable 45 . It has a Tritium radio active always-glowing site, and grim reaper handle grips
. It pops real loud. Its real accurate too.

The big one is the most powerful production hand gun produced. Its a Smith and Wesson 500. A true 50 Mag. It gets heavy fast. Gotta aim and squeeze quick
edit on 27-7-2021 by visitedbythem because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2021 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Fun times.

A lot of people who "qualified for fire" probably remember that first target was at 50 meters. Everyone I ever saw was swiss cheese. A lot of people hit the holes I am sure. I loved that little pill box silhouette we had 25 meters to practice.
Great tool for accuracy.

posted on Jul, 27 2021 @ 11:57 PM
link   
I'm With you, noting like looking down a 12 ga to make someone ,.....ask,.....Can I Run?

posted on Jul, 28 2021 @ 12:04 AM
link   
ALL, I STRONGLY SUGGEST , Grab your boots and get your gear, ( If Medically able,) If not sit back and watch the news, We SHALL not let this REPUBLIC FALL!!!!!

posted on Jul, 28 2021 @ 01:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: ZED332L
I'm With you, noting like looking down a 12 ga to make someone ,.....ask,.....Can I Run?

Got one of those too. Short barrel Remington Express HD Express. Lots of Magnum 00 buck and slug loads in my safe. Have a safe just for ammo. Its full. No need to purchase anymore.

posted on Jul, 28 2021 @ 12:12 PM
link   
.38 Special--My favorite band in the world. Sad only one remaining original member. Perhaps the most driving force behind the band Don Barnes. Here's a great story for you! .38 Special was playing the Hard Rock Biloxi some years ago when my wife, her sister and myself spent the weekend there. Now my mother in law is what they call a whale there. We had a full comped suite that was almost as big as my house and a nice cabana by the pool! These cabanas have a tv, phone ,full food and drink service even a refrigerator, right there in the cabana. As fate would have it, Don Barnes and 38 Special had the cabana right next to ours. When they came out my wife was in the pool and her sister was laying out in the sun in front of the cabana. They assumed she was with me. I pretended not to notice who they were although I knew full well who they were! 38 Special and I starting pointing and saying things like damn look at that when we saw beautiful women. Now one in particular was my wife in the pool. They had no idea she was with me, they thought her sister right there at the cabana laying in the sun was the woman with me! Anyways, my wife's sister gets up to go to the restroom and we were still going gaga over the beautiful women again one of which was my wife! I told them I was going to talk to this girl and they went nuts because they thought MY woman went to the bathroom. I go act like I'm meeting this lady for the first time when all of a sudden I grab her ass and plant a wet one right on her mouth, The 38 Special guys went nuts!! About that time her sister comes back and these guys think I'm about to get in some serious trouble. But I come back and explained exactly how bad I had gotten over on them. They fell out and we laughed for an hour over that. They thought we had no idea who they were and I respectfully told them I knew EXACTLY who they were! We met the sound man in the cabana also and he told us to come by the sound board before the show and he would give us some "things" . We went by the board before the show and he preceded to give us signed CD's, Shirts , picks, drumsticks, coozies ---the works!! These guys were my heroes growing up---I thought I had died and gone to heaven!! After the show , we were riding up the elevator to take all the "keepsakes" to the room. There was this girl on the elevator who appeared to be about mid 30 ish but when she spoke you could tell she had the mind of a 5 yo child. You could tell she wasn't quite there mentally. They had attended the show too. She kept saying over and over "momma how did that man get all that stuff" to which her mom told her to be quiet. Loooong story short, I gave it ALL to her right there in the elevator, her mom was crying, my wife was crying, this girl was sooo happy! After we got to the room my wife said, "I can't believe you gave her that stuff, I know how much those items meant to you". I told her that those items meant 1000x more to that girl than they would ever mean to me! I did keep a few picks. I thought you would like this story, I got to meet and spend time with my heroes! Definitely one of the best times of my life!!reply to: TrulyColorBlind

edit on 28-7-2021 by Jmswrld2769 because: addition

posted on Jul, 28 2021 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem

oooo la la...The .45 is gorgeous as are the s&ws. Looked like a colt python at first right above it.

posted on Jul, 28 2021 @ 05:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Jmswrld2769

That's a great story, thanks for sharing it!

new topics

top topics

join