It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UNESCO Declared Chankillo Archaeoastronomical Complex "World Heritage"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2021 @ 09:28 AM
link   

About time. This is an 2300 years old observatory made by people we know so little about. In a world where people like to destroy monuments and delete history, this are good news.

Those 13 towers are incredible. How the hell they could measure the exact position to build them. They still work and you can use this calendar.

Some videos about Chankillo. You'll see why it's important.

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

www3.astronomicalheritage.net...
edit on 27-7-2021 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2021 @ 10:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Trueman

Very cool.

I'm of the belief that EVERY ancient site in Peru should be protected, because what we think that we know about them is barely a surface scratch of what we can know, IMO.

Thanks for sharing!

posted on Jul, 27 2021 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Awesome, I will have to add this to my list of world heritage sites to visit. I go looking for the squatting man petroglyph and others.

I found him at chichen itza, and chacco canyon.

Funny finding the same symbol carved at so many sites, many not listed as world heritage by unesco.

Still, tangent aside, I love seeing these sites. Peru is on my bucket list for a thousand reasons.

posted on Jul, 27 2021 @ 01:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey

Very cool.

I'm of the belief that EVERY ancient site in Peru should be protected, because what we think that we know about them is barely a surface scratch of what we can know, IMO.

Thanks for sharing!

Yep, the whole country is a archaeological site. People find old stuff everywhere. I saw pre Columbian tombs in construction sites when I was there.
edit on 27-7-2021 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2021 @ 01:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bobaganoosh
Awesome, I will have to add this to my list of world heritage sites to visit. I go looking for the squatting man petroglyph and others.

I found him at chichen itza, and chacco canyon.

Funny finding the same symbol carved at so many sites, many not listed as world heritage by unesco.

Still, tangent aside, I love seeing these sites. Peru is on my bucket list for a thousand reasons.

Don't forget to share pics !

posted on Jul, 27 2021 @ 03:15 PM
link   
These are from Chacco.

In my opinion, they pre-date the structures in the canyon by many thousands of years. The artwork of the Chaccoan people was intricate

posted on Jul, 28 2021 @ 12:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey

Very cool.

I'm of the belief that EVERY ancient site in [[THE WORLD]] should be protected, because what we think that we know about them is barely a surface scratch of what we can know, IMO.

Thanks for sharing!

Fixed it for you

I've never heard of this site; thank you for bringing it to my attention. Peru has a lot of very interesting places. I'm not sure how this one escaped my notice.

posted on Jul, 28 2021 @ 11:02 AM
link   
a reply to: DragonsDemesne

Yes you did, but there's just something about Peru's most ancient stuff that I don't think that we fully understand yet.

But, yes, it's the same in many other countries.

new topics

top topics

join