It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Chinse business entity took over the Royal DSM and calls it DSM China.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2021 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Dear guys here, please bear with me, this is really off-topic but see if you might know something about it, as to satisfy my curiosity.

I was thinking that DSM stands for

DSM-5 - American Psychiatric Association
www.psychiatry.org... › psychiatrists › practice › d...
Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM–5) ...
The Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM–5) is the product of more than 10 ...
‎Fact Sheets · ‎Frequently Asked Questions · ‎About DSM-5 · ‎DSM History

It turns out that it also stands for a most enormous big business with a long history in the Netherlands, now I understand it is taken over by a Chinese business entity, and now called DSM China, instead of briefly just DSM which stood for Royal DSM:

DSM expects continuous, long-term growth for China govt.
chinadaily.com.cn Updated: 2021-04-01
"DSM has seen itself grow from a representative office now to a company that brings over 9 billion RMB annual revenue. We have really enjoyed the growth of China," said Zhou Tao, President of DSM China, during the 13th International Roundtable of Multinational Corporations' Leaders which was held recently in Beijing.
Reporter: Ouyang Shijia Video: Dai Yuanyuan, Yao Xu, Wang Wanting Editor: Zhao Xuezhen (Intern) Coordinator: Zhang Xiaotao Supervisor: Lin Hong

Am I getting my information correctly?

posted on Jul, 27 2021 @ 01:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Pachomius

If you are, then it just goes back to the old saw about ... I think it was Kruschev said that they'd sell the capitalists the rope that they'd use to hang him.

posted on Jul, 27 2021 @ 01:46 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jul, 27 2021 @ 02:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Pachomius
It turns out that it also stands for a most enormous big business with a long history in the Netherlands, now I understand it is taken over by a Chinese business entity, and now called DSM China, instead of briefly just DSM which stood for Royal

Am I getting my information correctly?

No. You are not getting the right information.

Royal DSM is not Chinese owned. It is a Dutch publicly listed company. Shareholders are institutions and private people. Largest single stake is c.4% and it is from an American fund. Royal DSM is listed on the Euronext exchange, specifically the AEX (Amsterdam Exchange). That is public information.

China DSM is the Chinese operating subsidiary of Royal DSM and is wholly owned by the parent company. As with everything to do with operating in China, Royal DSM also has several joint ventures, but that’s another story. Royal DSM is expanding in China through acquisitions. That’s all in the public domain too.

Hope this clarifies.
edit on 27/7/2021 by paraphi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2021 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Pachomius

Used to skate at the gnarly DSM building in Heerlen (NL). back in the day. Great grinding surfaces and stuff for jumps lol:

Those steps were bomb. and super smooth. Like a polished granite.
My contribution....

posted on Jul, 27 2021 @ 03:49 PM
link   
"Member is on ATS now." -paraphi

Thanks for your contribution, let me read more from all better informed guys here at ATS.

posted on Jul, 27 2021 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Here I am again with my curious heart and mind, now centered on the history of DSM China - and hope to still tread on safe ground.

Google: history of "DSM China"
About 2,420 results (0.59 seconds)

DSM IN GREATER CHINA INTEGRATED ... - Royal DSM
www.dsm.com... › dsm › zh_CN › documents

PDF
17 History - DSM grows with China. Driving Profitable Growth ... On behalf of the DSM China Leadership. Team, I'd like to thank all our partners, ...
43 pages

Press Release - Royal DSM
www.dsm.com... › dsm › zh_CN › documents

PDF
28 Nov 2017 — ... with more than one-hundred-year's history, DSM has always considered ... Jiang, DSM China President, “At DSM we are in a unique position ...
3 pages

Royal DSM focuses on Nutrition, Health and Sustainable ...
www.chinadaily.com.cn... › ...

25 Jul 2018 — Editor's Note: With a history dating back 116 years, ... DSM China's regional headquarters and R&D center are located in Shanghai.

20 DSM in China: In Touch with Evolving Needs in the ...
link.springer.com... › content › pdf

change, which in the case of DSM China, has been mostly caused by the far ... DSM's unique history shows how its core competencies have developed and can.

DSM Launches Second Feed Premix Plant in China
www.globenewswire.com... › 2006/08/22 › DSM-...

22 Aug 2006 — Premix production is one of DSM's core businesses and the company has a long history of developing quality feed essential for the healthy ...

Royal DSM Integrated Annual Report 2020 - AnnualReports ...
www.annualreports.com... › Click

PDF
31 Mar 2021 — For the first time in human history, diet-related ... DSM China was selected for the third time as one of the 2020 Golden Bee CSR China ...

DSM Annual Report 2018 - AnnualReports.com
www.annualreports.com... › HostedData › NYS...

PDF
15 May 2020 — For the first time in human history, diet-related non- ... In August, our DSM China President, Dr. Jiang Weiming was.
249 pages

Bright Science. Brighter Living.™
solutions.vwdservices.com... › documents

PDF
The DSM China Science and Technology Center in Shanghai is ... first quarter ever in DSM's history during which no serious safety incidents occurred.

DSM Company on Twitter: "Dr. Jiang Weiming, DSM China ...
twitter.com... › dsm › status

20 Aug 2018 — Dr. Jiang Weiming, DSM China President, is select as Fast Company China's 100 Most Creative People in Business for 2018, recognizing his ...

DSM China Campus | U.S. Green Building Council
www.usgbc.org... › projects › dsm-china-campus

DSM China Campus. Zhang Jiang High Tech Park, Shang Hai,China, 200012. Last certified on: May 12, 2009. Certification level: Gold.
1 2
Next

new topics

top topics

join