It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Galileo Project , A Scientific Search for ET Technology Announced

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2021 @ 09:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Type1338

Lazar produced a video of light being bent by element 115.

Big deal, light can be bent with a simple hand mirror and who's Bobby?

posted on Jul, 27 2021 @ 01:18 PM
link   
The Galileo Project website offers some information on the Project Goal , Members and Scientific Advisory Board .

The Galileo Project Goal.

The goal of the Galileo Project is to bring the search for extraterrestrial technological signatures of Extraterrestrial Technological Civilizations (ETCs) from accidental or anecdotal observations and legends to the mainstream of transparent, validated and systematic scientific research. This ground-based project is complementary to traditional SETI, in that it searches for physical objects, and not electromagnetic signals, associated with extraterrestrial technological equipment.

Irrespective of the possibility that the Galileo Project may discover additional, or even extraordinary evidence for ETCs, at a minimum the Galileo Project will gather rich data sets that may foster the discovery of — or better scientific explanations for — novel interstellar objects with anomalous properties, and for potential new natural atmospheric phenomena, or in some instances terrestrial technology explanations for many of the presently inexplicable UAP.

The also have a Philanthropic Advisory Board which I guess is for people with an interest who would like to help.

posted on Jul, 27 2021 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Its a step in the right direction unfortunately its about 40 years too late.
We already have and had evidence that this phenomena interfaces highly with our consciousness, is largely nonphysical in nature and can even be linked to synchronicities and wishful thinking. I am not even talking delusion or hallucination, I am talking about a whole new way of looking at our reality and how consciousness and nonphysicality play a role in that.

a reply to: gortex

posted on Jul, 27 2021 @ 01:57 PM
link   
I welcome this! Now the tinfoil part, possible facade for disclosure?

a reply to: olaru12

Big deal, light can be bent with a simple hand mirror

Are you sure about this?

posted on Jul, 27 2021 @ 02:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: Blue Shift

String Theory is not a theory. It's a mathematical construct which is not testable, not disprovable as to whether it has anything to do with reality. A theory must be testable.

Quite right. Although there are a number of people who definitely embrace it as "this is the way it is" regardless of the lack of provability or correlation to anything in the "real" world as we experience it. But that's mathematics in general.

General Relativity is a theory. Testable. People have been testing it for 100 years. All they have managed to do is say, "yup, just what Albert's numbers said would happen." People have also been trying to disprove it. If someone ever does, why, they would be the next Einstein.

I got no problem with General Relativity except that I think it's only half done. Maybe Einstein would have eventually come up with that other part if he lived a little longer, but his inability accept the affect consciousness (transmission of information) has on reality (including Relativity) makes it unlikely.

posted on Jul, 27 2021 @ 03:17 PM
link   
I actually saw the Galileo project being mentioned in one of the larger newspapers here in Sweden.
At least this project does seem to draw some attention from the mainstream side.
Which is probably a good thing in the long run.

posted on Jul, 28 2021 @ 02:09 AM
link   
get an A.! comp.
and store all UFO related data from the beginning of mankind in
including sages / myht's and all religius books
let the computer search for clues ect...

posted on Jul, 31 2021 @ 07:41 AM
link   
a reply to: ressiv

They're looking at astronomical data not UFO reports but they will be using computer AI to help with the search.

Hopefully next year more and better data will be available thanks to observations from the James Webb space telescope.

posted on Jul, 31 2021 @ 10:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

If you think that Christianity introduced 'folk killing folk for asking questions' then you're about as educated as a horse. (IE - just sufficient that you can follow a few base instructions re: how to think & behave).

People have killed folk on a huge scale for questioning authority since the dawn of paleontological history. Christianity actually reduced the killing of people to zero, originally. It was only after Christianity was adopted as the state religion of Rome that people within that statist system corrupted Chrisitianity until it was unrecognisable except in the monastic communities. It was only after the Reformation that Christianity began to be practiced on a wide scale as it was supposed to be practiced, more or less - again, some statist corruptions occurred in the Anglican church, where Protestant Christianity was adopted as the state religion of England.

Protestant Christianity forms the basis of all free Christian denominations in the world today. There are over 8,000 denominations, so people can choose the style of worship & ritual that suits them, though they almost all practice according to the Nicene creed. Some of the harsh holdover doctrine has gradually been softened, and the general practices of most churches have modernised over time.

Roman Catholicism remains corrupt to the core, and often spreads great difficulties into the lives of people caught up in its sphere of influence.

posted on Aug, 2 2021 @ 03:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
We wanted a scientific search for ET and today we got one , the Galileo Project has been announced which will conduct a scientific search looking for evidence of ET, it will be made up of a team of scientists from different institutions who will look through existing data in the search for evidence of ET Civilisations past or present , perhaps even interstellar travelers.

The team is being led by Avi Loeb who is a professor of science in the Department of Astronomy at Harvard University , some will know him as a proponent of the theory that Oumuamua wasn't just a space rock , a theory I have some sympathy with.

"Science should not reject potential extraterrestrial explanations because of social stigma or cultural preferences that are not conducive to the scientific method of unbiased, empirical inquiry," Loeb said in the statement. "We now must 'dare to look through new telescopes,' both literally and figuratively."

UAPs — also known as unidentified flying objects, or UFOs — are of particular interest now, following the recent release of an unclassified report by the Pentagon describing UAP sightings by members of the military, Loeb said. Of the 144 UAP sightings between 2004 and 2021 that were documented in the report, just one was identified with "high confidence" — as a deflating balloon. The rest remain unexplained, Live Science reported.
www.livescience.com...

I think a scientific re-investigation of data conducted with open eyes is a good thing , hopefully professor Loeb and his team will find something interesting , fingers crossed they find something Extraterrestrial.

I thought that was the job of the SETI Institute? Are they defunct now?

posted on Aug, 2 2021 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Phantom423

The Galileo project are looking at celestial observation data where SETI is listening for radio signals so they are two sides of the same coin.

posted on Aug, 2 2021 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Gotta find the sweet spot, which would be an alien civilization with pretty much exactly the same level of technological development we have. We would not be able to find a civilization that was equivalent to ours 1,000 years ago, and a technology just 1,000 years ahead of ours might be unrecognizable.

Of course, any civilization that passes through that 2,000 year gap could be seen, and if there are multiple civilizations that have done that, they might all leave traces from those times that are still detectable. Old radio signals. Laser light flashes. Etc.

But I just feel that once a civilization gets to be a certain age, unless they discover some kind of travel that is multiple times the the speed of light, they might just give up on the whole endeavor and spend their time in virtual reality. Our own video game industry makes nearly $60 Billion annually, bigger than music or movies combined. That makes me think that in 1,000 years, we'll all just be living in our own heads and have no more interest in crossing cold space to visit dead worlds anymore.

posted on Aug, 3 2021 @ 07:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: Phantom423

The Galileo project are looking at celestial observation data where SETI is listening for radio signals so they are two sides of the same coin.

I know your comment is in relation to the difference to SETI but being pedantic that's not quite right, if they are researching UAP's (as stated and in reference to recent UAP reports) then it isn't just celestial observation data.

An important point for me because otherwise, like SETI, I don't think they would ever find much (and they still might not).

posted on Aug, 3 2021 @ 09:37 AM
link   
a reply to: chunder

To change our world, they only need to find one.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join