It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Galileo Project , A Scientific Search for ET Technology Announced

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Jul, 26 2021 @ 03:18 PM
link   
We wanted a scientific search for ET and today we got one , the Galileo Project has been announced which will conduct a scientific search looking for evidence of ET, it will be made up of a team of scientists from different institutions who will look through existing data in the search for evidence of ET Civilisations past or present , perhaps even interstellar travelers.

The team is being led by Avi Loeb who is a professor of science in the Department of Astronomy at Harvard University , some will know him as a proponent of the theory that Oumuamua wasn't just a space rock , a theory I have some sympathy with.

"Science should not reject potential extraterrestrial explanations because of social stigma or cultural preferences that are not conducive to the scientific method of unbiased, empirical inquiry," Loeb said in the statement. "We now must 'dare to look through new telescopes,' both literally and figuratively."

UAPs — also known as unidentified flying objects, or UFOs — are of particular interest now, following the recent release of an unclassified report by the Pentagon describing UAP sightings by members of the military, Loeb said. Of the 144 UAP sightings between 2004 and 2021 that were documented in the report, just one was identified with "high confidence" — as a deflating balloon. The rest remain unexplained, Live Science reported.
www.livescience.com...

I think a scientific re-investigation of data conducted with open eyes is a good thing , hopefully professor Loeb and his team will find something interesting , fingers crossed they find something Extraterrestrial.

edit on 26-7-2021 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2021 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Because that's how honest science is done. You declare what you want to find and then it's just a matter of creative data interpretation to find it.
#ClownWorld

edit on 26-7-2021 by Peeple because: to of in one sentence feels off

posted on Jul, 26 2021 @ 03:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

Because that's how honest science is done.

Honest science is done by honest scientists , are the Galileo Project scientists any different from other scientists with the mindset of it can't be ET , same data different mindset.

posted on Jul, 26 2021 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Uhhh, i was watching something similar just last night actually

One of my new heros --- drum roll... Avi Leob was suggesting a scientific team to look into "space archaeology" to look for signs of previous life/civilizations given the universe/galaxy is so old... basically... what we've been doing for years on here while being called conspiracy nuts lol

catch up clown-world sheeple, stop buying that product you didn't need or want before you were subliminally sold it
edit on 26-7-2021 by TritonTaranis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2021 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Oh right I forgot two wrongs make a right...
Or do they cancel eachother out?

posted on Jul, 26 2021 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: Peeple

Because that's how honest science is done.

Honest science is done by honest scientists , are the Galileo Project scientists any different from other scientists with the mindset of it can't be ET , same data different mindset.

Because GALILEO was crucified for being hundreds of years ahead of the rest of the worlds science, at the point he made his discovery and announcement, it didn't fit the global narrative, it was too problematic

SCIENCE IS UNFORTUNATELY IGNORANT

posted on Jul, 26 2021 @ 03:46 PM
link   
a reply to: TritonTaranis

Exactly.

posted on Jul, 26 2021 @ 03:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

Exactly.

It seems were limited to how far the majority of the herd is willing or daring enough to go/dream

One of my favorite lines from an equally great mind... Were a species with amnesia

posted on Jul, 26 2021 @ 03:56 PM
link   

But that's not true, a lot of ancient philosophers (craddle of science) had a heliocentric worldview.
Galileo had contact with science buddies who totally agreed with him just not publicly.
But Christianity came to power and society embraced religion... and started that trend of killing folks for asking questions.

Because HUMANS ARE IGNORANT

posted on Jul, 26 2021 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Good,the more people looking for evidence the better chance we will find something.
If they are looking for ancient evidence in our solar system-I really hope they try to get new images/data on the tower/monoliths on phobos and the moon.
Also they could try to get hold of some of these almost mythical bits of metal that Dr Valee says they have and are being tested.

posted on Jul, 26 2021 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Terrence McKenna posed 4 potentials for ufos……I think he’s one of the greatest thinkers on the subject.

A very interesting listen

youtu.be...

posted on Jul, 26 2021 @ 04:07 PM
link   
This is pretty cool.
...as long as we aren't the wounded rabbit in one of those coyote calls.
I think pretty much all beings eat stuff to live.

posted on Jul, 26 2021 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Remember SETI?

I bet I could have powered a small country with the power I wasted with that.

I wish them luck, but I wouldn't cross my fingers.

As long as they have faith I guess.

posted on Jul, 26 2021 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: MykeNukem

Yeah , I had that screensaver too.

posted on Jul, 26 2021 @ 04:18 PM
link   
I’ve heard this as well….to do with ‘density’ levels……one thing inevitably eats another to survive…..plants eat light, animals eat plants and other animals, humans eat animals and plants and ‘aliens’ being of a higher density eat our emotions……..

posted on Jul, 26 2021 @ 04:28 PM
link   

But with SETI they at least had a clear cut definition of what they're looking for.
Since this is the guy who was convinced Oumuamua was ET technology because it was shaped odd and behaved odd, what will be the standard of proof?
I mean it's space there are constantly things nobody expected that doesn't mean it's all ET tech.
There's just nothing that could convince anyone the next Oumuamua is ET tech other than capturing it. I don't see how that would be possible?

posted on Jul, 26 2021 @ 04:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple

Because that's how honest science is done. You declare what you want to find and then it's just a matter of creative data interpretation to find it.
#ClownWorld

What was that guys name that found the face on mars and a city he called Cydonia, all with a bit of math and geometry? Oh yeah, Richard Hoagland. Like that, right lol ;-)

Or all the BS on this covid crap, that's all skewed statistics and an abortion of math. I am still wondering if we can formally define the Branch Covidians as a death cult based on the potentials of errant math and consensus among fools.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Jul, 26 2021 @ 04:42 PM
link   
This Gallieo project should also try something like SETI,but update it and design an AI to search the data.
I was reading about an AI developed to diagnose medical issues,and there have been ones invented already which are far far better than humans at the job-so I bet a bunch of Harvard scientists could develop something similar to search for anything which could be of intelligent alien origin.
Also being harvard scientists allows them access to many sources of such data as they probably know or have even worked with people from some of the biggest radio telescopes around the world.

For all we know we may even have alien transmissions in our original SETI data which is in an odd pattern/format that we may have missed-but that a fancy harvard AI could find and analyse.

Might as well us AI for some useful stuff before it takes over and decides humans need to be turned into meat batteries!

posted on Jul, 26 2021 @ 04:43 PM
link   

But with SETI they at least had a clear cut definition of what they're looking for.
Since this is the guy who was convinced Oumuamua was ET technology because it was shaped odd and behaved odd, what will be the standard of proof?
I mean it's space there are constantly things nobody expected that doesn't mean it's all ET tech.
There's just nothing that could convince anyone the next Oumuamua is ET tech other than capturing it. I don't see how that would be possible?

Yup.

I don't think they'll find anything.

Or convince anyone if they claim to.

If Oumuamua was ET, we'd be saying "Oh Mama".

posted on Jul, 26 2021 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Or oh mu mama lol

originally posted by: MykeNukem

Yup.

I don't think they'll find anything.

Or convince anyone if they claim to.

If Oumuamua was ET, we'd be saying "Oh Mama".

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join