It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should we bring back The Draft . . .

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2021 @ 06:57 PM
link   
I saw this topic in another thread and to avoid thread drfit, created this. . . .

The Supreme Court unanimously upheld the constitutionality of the draft act in the Selective Draft Law Cases on January 7, 1918. The decision said the Constitution gave Congress the power to declare war and to raise and support armies.

en.wikipedia.org...#:~:text=The%20Supreme%20Court%20unanimously%20upheld,to%20raise%20and%20support%20armi es.

New legislation would require women, like men, to sign up for potential draft

abcnews.go.com...

I've thought a bit about this.

Mostly I am for it, I think the military teaches discipline and can promote leadership skills in those who would be apt for it. So I think they should bring it back.

But since our military has gone "woke" would we just be producing a larger SJW Snowflake population?

Also, interesting to note, women who transition to men are exept from the draft while men who transition to women still have to register.

As for the second link, I think women should also have the privilege and obligation to register for the draft.

posted on Jul, 25 2021 @ 07:05 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

It seems like the equal opportunity thing to do.

Women are better shots then men anyway.

posted on Jul, 25 2021 @ 07:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dalamax

It seems like the equal opportunity thing to do.

Women are better shots then men anyway.

I've had the honor and privilege to serve with many fine soldiers who happened to be women.

posted on Jul, 25 2021 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Honestly, I don't see how the Draft is compatible with your Constitution or Article I, Section 8, Clause 12.

Raising an army isn't equal to forcing people to go to war.

I don't agree with drafting people to war, who have a problem of conscience or just plainly don't want to kill people.

They wouldn't have to draft me, mind you. They'd have to be kicking my old ass out because I'd want to fight.

Mind you I'm kind of bias, since draftees escaped to here.

posted on Jul, 25 2021 @ 07:10 PM
link   

As for the second link, I think women should also have the privilege and obligation to register for the draft.

There was a time Women wanted to. They volunteered (ex. Clarissa Harlowe Barton). And they completely understood the world cause without hesitation. They worked their a$$ess off making everything from planes, automobiles, Ammunition and smelt the iron rich blood too. Everything that was needed to advance a country they did. All while still feeding the children left at home. I did not ever give grandma a side eye. Ever. And she had a following from five states that would kick my butt.

But now, no... not worth it. Men, Women will just leave and dodge any draft or Anthem thrown at them.

For now.
edit on 25-7-2021 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2021 @ 07:11 PM
link   
a reply to: MykeNukem

That's why I added the first link because I wanted to see if the draft was constitutionally sound.

It hasn't been challenged in over 100 years.

posted on Jul, 25 2021 @ 07:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bigburgh

But now, no... not worth it. Men, Women will just leave and dodge any draft or Anthem thrown at them.

For now.

Service to country, nationalism, pride in ones self and building teamwork to achieve a goal.

Yeah, I can see how that'd be unpopular.

posted on Jul, 25 2021 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Seem my device needed a major refresh...
And double

edit on 25-7-2021 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2021 @ 07:14 PM
link   

edit on pmSundaySunday20700000007pm7 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2021 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Honestly, I don't see how the Draft is compatible with your Constitution or Article I, Section 8, Clause 12.

How many were drafted into the Continental Army ?
Research and realize how that Article got into the US Constitution .

posted on Jul, 25 2021 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Where are you wanting to send them?

I mean, in order for there to be a draft, doesn't there have to first be a specific need for more troops at a particular battlefront somewhere where currently our troops are running thin?

posted on Jul, 25 2021 @ 07:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: BrokenCircles

I mean, in order for there to be a draft, doesn't there have to first be a specific need for more troops at a particular battlefront somewhere where currently our troops are running thin?

Not necessarily.

They could stay state-side. They could be trained and ready just in case. China or Russia or anyone else gets froggy.

posted on Jul, 25 2021 @ 07:26 PM
link   
NO. Because people who don't want to serve will be dangerous to those who do. IMO and the opinion of many of those I know who have served. I can just see a bunch of antifa assholes, forced to be there, turning on true patriots and getting them killed on purpose.

posted on Jul, 25 2021 @ 07:26 PM
link   

For now.

They would probably include illegals in the draft.

"You want to earn citizenship? OK Here's your chance. Just sign this draft paper."

posted on Jul, 25 2021 @ 07:27 PM
link   

For now.

They would probably include illegals in the draft.

"You want to earn citizenship? OK Here's your chance. Just sign this draft paper."

That already exists, FYI

posted on Jul, 25 2021 @ 07:29 PM
link   

I did not know that, but I'm not the least bit surprised.

posted on Jul, 25 2021 @ 07:29 PM
link   

No.

posted on Jul, 25 2021 @ 07:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

That's why I added the first link because I wanted to see if the draft was constitutionally sound.

It hasn't been challenged in over 100 years.

I think it's due for a challenge.

IMO it goes against the whole spirit of the Bill of Rights.

Also, it's how the King used to roll...

But I'll let you guys argue your own Constitution and Laws.

posted on Jul, 25 2021 @ 07:31 PM
link   

I did not know that, but I'm not the least bit surprised.

And I've served with many fine folks of hispanic origins who wanted to show how important America means to them BY serving.

posted on Jul, 25 2021 @ 07:32 PM
link   
a reply to: shaemac

Because people who don't want to serve will be dangerous to those who do.

They will at very least get dishonorably discharged.
Which will follow them the rest of their lives.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join