It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Parents Defy "No National Anthem" Rule at Softball Game

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+37 more 
posted on Jul, 25 2021 @ 02:49 PM
link   
This is proof that the people have the power.

Now imagine if whenever a tyrannical mandate was passed or attempted to be implemented the people stood against that tyranny?

People have the power. Not the tyrannical governments of the world.

+1 more 
posted on Jul, 25 2021 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Type1338

My kid wouldn't be in that league.

+18 more 
posted on Jul, 25 2021 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Ha! # that pinko commie anti american bantam league and their woke bull#, and good for those real adults in attendance. Im not a baseball fan, but it is supposed to be Americas pastime. If you cannot stand for 30 seconds to appreciate the flag representing the country you reside in then maybe you would be happier somewhere else.
edit on 25-7-2021 by drewlander because: (no reason given)

+7 more 
posted on Jul, 25 2021 @ 03:00 PM
link   
I stand and applaud this. That's how you do it.

+4 more 
posted on Jul, 25 2021 @ 03:12 PM
link   
I hope their children playing learned a valuable lesson before that ball game. I approve what they did in spades.

+7 more 
posted on Jul, 25 2021 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Just one in a long laundry list of items the Left engages in, first to ignore, then shame, then ban American values, which stand in the way of their UNEARNED path to power.

Because power is the only thing the Left really cares about.
edit on 25-7-2021 by M5xaz because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Jul, 25 2021 @ 03:50 PM
link   
I applaud that!! I teared up a bit there, thank you!

+1 more 
posted on Jul, 25 2021 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Way to go! What else can you say?

Starred and flagged, of course. Thanks for posting this.

+5 more 
posted on Jul, 25 2021 @ 04:53 PM
link   
When I was in high school, the SCOTUS had affirmed a case involving banning "official" prayers at school functions. Prior to the ruling most of the HS football games in the state had a prayer before the game, "Lord please bless the players and protect them from injuries..." type thing that the teams, coaches, and parents and fans all stood respectfully during.

NM banned it across the board and forbid all NM schools from doing it, so there was a "moment of silence" announced before each game and one of our town's pastors would stand in the driveway of a little house next to the stadium with a bullhorn and recite the prayer. The state demanded that stop, it continued... the state threatened, it continued... the state called for the city police and county sheriff to make arrests, both told the state to go pound sand.

Fascists are going to operate like fascists... but We the People outnumber them and as long as we not only refuse to abide by their idiocy but are also prepared to stand united against them, their power is mostly smoke and mirrors.

posted on Jul, 25 2021 @ 04:53 PM
link   

That's common sense in action.

posted on Jul, 25 2021 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Good for them!

2nd

posted on Jul, 25 2021 @ 05:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
When I was in high school, the SCOTUS had affirmed a case involving banning "official" prayers at school functions. Prior to the ruling most of the HS football games in the state had a prayer before the game, "Lord please bless the players and protect them from injuries..." type thing that the teams, coaches, and parents and fans all stood respectfully during.

NM banned it across the board and forbid all NM schools from doing it, so there was a "moment of silence" announced before each game and one of our town's pastors would stand in the driveway of a little house next to the stadium with a bullhorn and recite the prayer. The state demanded that stop, it continued... the state threatened, it continued... the state called for the city police and county sheriff to make arrests, both told the state to go pound sand.

Fascists are going to operate like fascists... but We the People outnumber them and as long as we not only refuse to abide by their idiocy but are also prepared to stand united against them, their power is mostly smoke and mirrors.

I'm not religious at all. Only time I got to church is for weddings and funerals.

I never had an issue with prayers at sporting events.

+3 more 
posted on Jul, 25 2021 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

They can’t stop droves of looters but can break up prayer groups? Sounds like they got priority all fubar

posted on Jul, 25 2021 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Thank you for the post , that was awesome . That is the America I grew up in

posted on Jul, 25 2021 @ 05:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

My kid wouldn't be in that league.

All the better.

posted on Jul, 25 2021 @ 05:52 PM
link   
awesome. Pride in America, even if it's not cool. Well done.

posted on Jul, 25 2021 @ 05:57 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

A smart sheriff would have asked for them to be present for the arrest. And then recited the First Amendment as he cuffed and stuffed the State Officials. Monday is a long way from Friday night football.

posted on Jul, 25 2021 @ 05:59 PM
link   
So tired of the commie Liberal, hurt feelz assholes wanting to ban our flag and national anthem.

This is the USA, get the # out if you don’t like the flag and national anthem.

posted on Jul, 25 2021 @ 06:20 PM
link   
a reply to: RazorV66

This is the USA, get the # out if you don’t like the flag and national anthem.

She gotta do right
she gotta do right by me.

posted on Jul, 25 2021 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Merle Haggard said it best :

Tou're walkin' on the fightin' side of me
Runnin' down the way of life
Our fightin' men have fought and died to keep
If you don't love it, leave it
Let this song I'm singin' be a warnin'
When you're runnin' down my country, man
You're walkin' on the fightin' side of me

Nuff Said[
edit on 7/25/21 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

edit on 7/25/21 by Gothmog because: I need a first cup of coffee

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join