It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How the Delta variant achieves its ultrafast spread

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2021 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Hello All,

I have recently returned to these boards as some of you have noticed based on our recent discussions.

I wanted to create this post and share this article from Nature Journal, which will corroborate a lot of the positions I have taken over the last couple of days.

Nautre Link

Viral load is roughly 1,000 times higher in people infected with the Delta variant than those infected with the original coronavirus strain, according to a study in China.

The article concludes by stating there is still a lot of uncertainty around whether or not the Delta variant is more prone to causing severe disease or how good its ability to evade the immune system really is. That being said, it is evident that this new and developing variants will continue spread and mutate at an increased rate. Please try not to use this lack of evidence at this time to definitely claim otherwise.

So, whether you have had C19 once, twice or three times, you still remain susceptible to the variants and become a vector for spreading the infection, thus perpetuating the likelihood of newer more dangerous versions to develop. One that your immune system or a vaccine might not be able to stop. That is why I argue that we need to do all we can to stop transmission and infection.

[SNIPPED]

edit on 25-7-2021 by MDDoxs because: (no reason given)

edit on Sun Jul 25 2021 by DontTreadOnMe because: not the Mud PIt

+15 more 
posted on Jul, 25 2021 @ 09:25 AM
link   
a reply to: MDDoxs

Which is why all this bs has to stop.

Want to do all you can to stop it, then give up on all the nonsense lockdowns, directives and vaccines that clearly do jack.

Just let all these strains run rampant, let it cull who it will, let nature do its job.

[SNIPPED]
edit on Sun Jul 25 2021 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2021 @ 09:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: MDDoxs
So, whether you have had C19 once, twice or three times, you still remain susceptible to the variants and become a vector for spreading the infection, thus perpetuating the likelihood of newer more dangerous versions to develop. One that your immune system or a vaccine might not be able to stop.

When in history has a virus naturally mutated to become more dangerous/lethal to the host?

To my understanding, viruses will mutate greater transmissibility and lower lethality so they don't burn themselves out too quickly. Kill the host too fast, it can't incubate and spread.

posted on Jul, 25 2021 @ 09:39 AM
link   
a reply to: CthruU

I respectively disagree with your position, as it is truly near sighted and unenlightened. Has humanity not progressed to a point where by we control our own destinies and not let nature dictate this for us? Its ironic, many of you should agree with this. It would be a bit hypocritical if you didnt.

You fight against government from dictating to you, why would you let nature!?!

Let the "In god we trust" fly lol.

edit on 25-7-2021 by MDDoxs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2021 @ 09:49 AM
link   

I respectively disagree with your position, as it is truly near sighted and unenlightened. Has humanity not progressed to a point where by we control our own destinies

No it truly is not and I respectively will not repeat myself for the umpteenth time. As I stated above I believe we should indeed control our own destinies and certainly not put it in the hands of politicians, pharmacists and scientists.

Anyhow, carry on.

posted on Jul, 25 2021 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Has humanity not progressed to a point where by we control our own destinies and not let nature dictate this for us?

Individuals control their destinies, not a bullet point list of broad-brush objectives no one asked for. The only destiny you control is your own. Outside of that, all you are to others is another fish in the sea. You yourself have no impact on my life, or it's outcome, and vice versa -- I don't impact yours, either.

You certainly do seem to have a budding Hero Complex going on, though.

posted on Jul, 25 2021 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Hello All,

I have recently returned to these boards as some of you have noticed based on our recent discussions.

I wanted to create this post and share this article from Nature Journal, which will corroborate a lot of the positions I have taken over the last couple of days.

Nautre Link

Viral load is roughly 1,000 times higher in people infected with the Delta variant than those infected with the original coronavirus strain, according to a study in China.

[...]

Are you working for MSM or the government?
Quit pushing this fake nonsense.
Thankfully Americans are waking up.
The rest of the world may have no choice but to roll over and pretend it’s all real.
But thankfully we will stand up and fight this tooth and nail.

And in the worst case, I’m ready for a separation from the idiots. Let them live in their own idiot country. We’ll start a new one based on logic.

edit on 25-7-2021 by EmmanuelGoldstein because: (no reason given)

edit on Sun Jul 25 2021 by DontTreadOnMe because: quote trimmed Trim Those Quotes

posted on Jul, 25 2021 @ 09:56 AM
link   
But doesn't the vast majority of times mutations become less and less lethal, just like the Delta variant has become? Most mutate themselves down to such low levels they are just minor nuisances, Hell the Spanish Flu basically disappeared 16 to 18 months later and we really don't know why.

We are getting a surge in new cases but hospitalizations here in Georgia are well flat the whole state has only 1005 persons hospitalized for COVID in a state of 10.5 million people.

The US only has 23,070 in the whole country, let's not forget the shutdown wasn't to eradicate COVID it was to lessen the strain on hospitals. Unless the hospitalizations increase dramatically there is no need to panic

We aren't gonna eradicate COVID any time soon, that was never gonna happen, but I guess floating that highly improbable carrot motivates some people.

Considering vaccinations now line you up for 6 months of boosters indefinitely, I would listen to what your personal doctor has to say about your personal situation.

edit on 25-7-2021 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-7-2021 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2021 @ 10:01 AM
link   
a reply to: EmmanuelGoldstein

Lol, one of the worlds largest scientific journals is fake information? I disagree with you.

(post by Woodswatcher removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jul, 25 2021 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Sadly most personal docs are pushing the experimental gene therapy drug. Sadly most dics are on board with this, as they get kick backs from jabs. Just like they got huge bonuses for prescribing opiates back in the day. Sadly most people's doctors could carry less about your health. As long as you keep coming back for tratments. a reply to: putnam6

posted on Jul, 25 2021 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Does the Lancet sound familiar? Or how about the paper they released about the hdroxiclhrocline?
You should do some research about the fallacy of medical/science journals. The best one was the professor who wrote a fake paper that sounded sciencey. Geuss what it was published in several journals. a reply to: MDDoxs

posted on Jul, 25 2021 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Are the trusted officials saying the current vaccines are OK against the variants ??? 😎

The confusion officially is accurate right? 😎

posted on Jul, 25 2021 @ 10:09 AM
link   
a reply to: cmdrkeenkid

That's almost always the way it goes. There are exceedingly rare exceptions like the 1918 flu where it actually does get worse for one round, but the fact that we're still basically dealing with its descendent strains today shows that mostly you are absolutely correct.

We will be dealing with COVID forever, and it will get more contagious and less lethal in almost every mutation. It wants to spread, not die off. Killing its host is a bad career move so generally the most successful mutations won't do that.

The ones I feel for now are the smug little island places like Australia and New Zealand who have been putting off the initial infections for several waves. Eventually their populaces are going to get COVID, and they have yet to really undergo their first round.

posted on Jul, 25 2021 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Wait so according to a study in China the origin of the China virus? Come off it man. You can’t be serious.

It’s as real as those videos of people dropping and convulsing in the streets of wuhan.

posted on Jul, 25 2021 @ 10:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Woodswatcher
Sadly most personal docs are pushing the experimental gene therapy drug. Sadly most dics are on board with this, as they get kick backs from jabs. Just like they got huge bonuses for prescribing opiates back in the day. Sadly most people's doctors could carry less about your health. As long as you keep coming back for tratments. a reply to: putnam6

I hear you, I used to never go to the doctor, but luckily mine knows my history. But yea Id is skeptical even if the lethality was double what it is now. My thing is it's a personal choice.

posted on Jul, 25 2021 @ 10:35 AM
link   

a reply to: EmmanuelGoldstein

Lol, one of the worlds largest scientific journals is fake information? I disagree with you.

LOL. you act like these are the good guys?
How dense are you?

So, you're telling me that you believe this because this is from one of the "worlds largest scientific journals"?

Are you new to life in general? How gullible and blind can one be?

edit on 25-7-2021 by EmmanuelGoldstein because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2021 @ 10:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: cmdrkeenkid
When in history has a virus naturally mutated to become more dangerous/lethal to the host?

Ebola in 2016.
West Nile in 1999.
Second wave of the Spanish flu.

posted on Jul, 25 2021 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Does the severity of infection have a direct correlation to number of variants that immerge or just the transmission between host? If the latter those boosting the effectiveness and purpose of the jab are lying, correct?

posted on Jul, 25 2021 @ 10:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman

originally posted by: cmdrkeenkid

Ebola in 2016.
West Nile in 1999.
Second wave of the Spanish flu.

Are any of them corona viruses?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join