It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Professional sports in USA - no thank you

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+12 more 
posted on Jul, 25 2021 @ 03:57 AM
link   
I use to love the NBA, NFL, Olympics, MLB etc.... not anymore. Stopped watching professional sports due to professional athletes wanting to voice their political opinion on the courts and field. Between "wokeism", cancel culture, CRT, BLM, kneeling/protesting and now this NEW national anthem. They have destroyed professional sports and not only players but their organizations as well.

Jersey's burned last year, cancelled all pay per view including NFL pass.....sold all sports memorbillia.

IMO spectators who continue to buy tickets at these sporting events support this type don't care, they only want to watch the game even though they are at the heart of the problem. Stop buying anything that has to do with professional sports and once their revenue drops to critical levels or hopefully bankruptcy maybe....just maybe these corporations will wake and rein in these racists looking for their 15 minutes of fame.

Sports is politics and I have had enough of both.

posted on Jul, 25 2021 @ 05:03 AM
link   
a reply to: DeathSlayer

New national anthem?

What country?

posted on Jul, 25 2021 @ 05:50 AM
link   
a reply to: SecretKnowledge

That’s the point. Albeit a subtle one. They are purposely dividing the country.

posted on Jul, 25 2021 @ 06:03 AM
link   
USA now has 2 national anthems

BLM has recently created a 2nd national anthem.

originally posted by: SecretKnowledge

New national anthem?

What country?

posted on Jul, 25 2021 @ 06:34 AM
link   
The NFL will play the new anthem at all games this season

www.cbs46.com... block_id=994631

posted on Jul, 25 2021 @ 06:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: DeathSlayer
USA now has 2 national anthems

BLM has recently created a 2nd national anthem.

According to the logic of some, if I don't have direct experience with it, it cannot exist.

posted on Jul, 25 2021 @ 07:53 AM
link   

I loved baseball when I was growing up.
I haven’t watched a whole game on tv in years.
The game is not the same.

Never liked the nba but used to enjoy college basketball, again, the game changed.

I used to have Norte dame season tickets.
Lost interest.

Yeah, I’m with you.
Other than girls softball I don’t watch much sports anymore.

posted on Jul, 25 2021 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Same, don't care to watch it anymore

posted on Jul, 25 2021 @ 08:54 AM
link   
I used to live for college football, but they are busy ruining everything.

Now the athletes can be paid, so we'll be back to the days of big money even more than usual. Schools that were poking their noses in occasionally and able to compete are going to be left in the dust of the rich fanbase schools.

And now we apparently have two national anthems because blacks don't want to be part of the country anymore. So I don't want to be part of their viewership.

I took up tae kwon do and went back to competing on my own. We still face the flags there.

posted on Jul, 25 2021 @ 09:05 AM
link   
I certainly don't watch it as much as I used to, and I use to be over a top NFL/Falcons fan and loved all the hometown teams in all sports. I'd go to games get merchandise, read articles, etc. support the teams, now I don't. I'll still watch a UGA game, and I did watch the Hawks in the playoffs, but I don't make time to watch it all day long anymore. Don't attend the games anymore, LOL even before COVID, we had somebody give us great tickets to the Falcons and I sold them instead of going. I would have never done that a few years earlier.

Mostly just play DFS now, but I miss getting lost and forgetting the real world for a few hours.

posted on Jul, 25 2021 @ 09:09 AM
link   

As you're someone who doesn't live here and hates America I'm sure that the heads of each of the major sports will totally give GAF about this.

posted on Jul, 25 2021 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Not only that, I don't watch NASCAR any more. It too has become political.

I'm surprised NASCAR doesn't give participation trophies to every driver now.

posted on Jul, 25 2021 @ 09:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

As you're someone who doesn't live here and hates America I'm sure that the heads of each of the major sports will totally give GAF about this.

He may not, but a lot of the responders do.

As a lifelong athlete, I feel sick by what they've done to sports. And I'm not exactly talking about external forces, but the so called athletes who feel like it's their mission to grandstand activism as part of it all.

I congratulate Sweden on their win over the team America sent. Not sure what they were but Team USA doesn't ring true to me.

posted on Jul, 25 2021 @ 09:24 AM
link   

I know what you mean sir!

I've always enjoyed the NFL, but if they are going to inject all their players and staff with dangerous toxins only to be politically correct, I won't be watching this season. The nonsensical masks were bad enough last season, but forcing injections is a bridge too far for me.

posted on Jul, 25 2021 @ 09:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
He may not, but a lot of the responders do.

It must be an unbearable strain for all of you, my sympathies. Woke-ism doesn't belong in sports, I wish I had a time machine so I could tell that uppity colored guy Owens to tone it down when he shows up in Berlin.

edit on 25-7-2021 by AugustusMasonicus because: Cooking spirits since 2007

posted on Jul, 25 2021 @ 09:31 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Here's a Team USA athlete.

They won't televise it I bet, but she got a gold in tae kwon do.

I'd bet that most of the athletes there still respect the country they represent, but the TV won't show them.

posted on Jul, 25 2021 @ 09:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
They won't televise it I bet...

You lose...

posted on Jul, 25 2021 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Hope all woke athletes don't earn anything this Olympics, rather see the medals go to more deserving people around the globe than these idiots.

Not watching woke sports either.

posted on Jul, 25 2021 @ 09:54 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I was talking about a main net, but thanks for digging it up. I'll go watch at some point today.
edit on 25-7-2021 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2021 @ 09:57 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

NBC is the main network.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join