It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So it turns 20 percent of the population has a special kind of bone marrow...

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Jul, 24 2021 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Hypothetical scenario:

Scientists discover that 20 percent of the population carries a special bone marrow that can be used to cure a disease and if utilized would prevent at least 100 million deaths. It is a one time semi-invasive surgery that runs a very low chance of complications that include death. It is also a one for two donation that only treats two additional persons. With 20 percent having it, it will save potentially twice that number of people from getting it -- hundreds of millions.

In this scenario, you are one of these people.

First the government says it's a good idea to donate. Many do. As time goes on, it turns out a few die and several get permanently "complicated". The donor pool starts to get hesitant.

Next, the government starts offering incentives...donuts, money etc. Still the donor pool remains hesitant.

Next, social media, media, and the government start suggesting you are being selfish and they bring out famous people to make you feel bad for just existing and choosing not to donate.

Next, the government, media, social media, and now your vulnerable friends and family make the case that you are killing people -- literally causing deaths.

You come out and try to say, "It is fine if you want to donate. I don't want to and shouldn't be browbeaten and coerced to." People still turn on you for simply existing in a state that theoretically could save lives if you existed the way they want you to.

Finally, the government says, "We aren't going to make you do anything, but you can't go out and enjoy regular freedoms unless you become a donor". Nobody makes you, but you try and explain to your non-donor-capable friends that you should have all of your normal freedoms regardless.

Finally Finally, you discover one day that people from the government are coming to your house basically strong-arming you into becoming a donor.

Finally Finally Finally, they just come to your house with police "For the good of humanity" and take you in for "Life-sharing" surgery.

A few of you die, but hey, that's OK. More people were saved and that's what really counts.

edit on 24-7-2021 by Halfswede because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Jul, 24 2021 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Just to be clear, if you think this is OK, you are the most selfish kind of evil.

posted on Jul, 24 2021 @ 12:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Halfswede
Hypothetical scenario:

Scientists discover that 20 percent of the population carries a special bone marrow that can be used to cure a disease and if utilized would prevent at least 100 million deaths. It is a one time semi-invasive surgery that runs a very low chance of complications that include death. It is also a one for two donation that only treats two additional persons. With 20 percent having it, it will save potentially twice that number of people from getting it -- hundreds of millions.

In this scenario, you are one of these people.

First the government says it's a good idea to donate. Many do. As time goes on, it turns out a few die and several get permanently "complicated". The donor pool starts to get hesitant.

Next, the government starts offering incentives...donuts, money etc. Still the donor pool remains hesitant.

Next, social media, media, and the government start suggesting you are being selfish and they bring out famous people to make you feel bad for just existing and choosing not to donate.

Next, the government, media, social media, and now your vulnerable friends and family make the case that you are killing people -- literally causing deaths.

You come out and try to say, "It is fine if you want to donate. I don't want to and shouldn't be browbeaten and coerced to." People still turn on you for simply existing in a state that theoretically could save lives if you existed the way they want you to.

Finally, the government says, "We aren't going to make you do anything, but you can't go out and enjoy regular freedoms unless you become a donor". Nobody makes you, but you try and explain to your non-donor-capable friends that you should have all of your normal freedoms regardless.

Finally Finally, you discover one day that people from the government are coming to your house basically strong-arming you into becoming a donor.

Finally Finally Finally, they just come to your house with police "For the good of humanity" and take you in for "Life-sharing" surgery.

A few of you die, but hey, that's OK. More people were saved and that's what really counts.

I see a bit different scenario. If we ever get to nationalized healthcare for all, vaxs will become mandatory for all kinds of things. And they will impliment cost cutting measures, to ‘encourage’ more health-wise behavior. Lifestyle penalties etc. All voluntary of course, at the risk of having no health care coverage.

posted on Jul, 24 2021 @ 12:59 PM
link   
I don’t see where you’re going with this

posted on Jul, 24 2021 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Just to be clear, if you think this is OK, you are the most selfish kind of evil.

You are the one who thought this scenario up, so what does that say about you? I mean it's blatantly obvious why, however Covid and your Marrow scenario aren't the same so you can't really draw a comparison...

posted on Jul, 24 2021 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Halfswede

The thing about the 'Get the vaccine to save everybody else or else you're selfish thing.'

Ya see....

The clothes I'm wearing and the phone I'm typing this on were probably made by people who's lives are likely, short, terrible and miserable, so I can have clothes and this nifty little pocket computer.

When I buy produce or meat from the store, that produce or meat was grown likely using industrialized farming methods far away from me. Such methods lead to chemical contamination in waterways inevitably leading to sources of drinking water and over the long term, probably causing all kinds of cancers, birth defects, other such things.

Every single part of our modern life and society causes someone else's life somewhere else to be terrible or maybe even ends their life.

Maybe, if these people want me to feel bad about the slight possibility that maybe I might just so happen to pass by an old vulnerable person and feel responsible for their deaths if they contract covid, they should lead by example and go be #ing Amish or Bhuddist monks or something.
edit on 24/7/2021 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2021 @ 01:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: djz3ro

You are the one who thought this scenario up, so what does that say about you? I mean it's blatantly obvious why, however Covid and your Marrow scenario aren't the same so you can't really draw a comparison...

It says that I care about liberty enough to try and show things from a different angle to those who don't see what slope they are headed down.

Again, if you can't see any parallels, that's fine. It inherently has to be different to break instinctual reactions that would occur if it was just the same scenario repackaged -- sort of how Animal Farm uses animals instead of races and classes.

But for a simple parallel, both contain people who are healthy -- no disease, no danger -- that are demonized by media, social media, friends, family etc. for choosing to just exist that way and "not participate".
edit on 24-7-2021 by Halfswede because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2021 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: djz3ro
It's quite clear to me. Swop the word donor for the word vaccine and you have his scenario. But why he wants to couch it thus his his idea.

posted on Jul, 24 2021 @ 01:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: NotGuilty

Any bets on anti-vax and Trump told me...?

posted on Jul, 24 2021 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: BrujaRebooted
The problem with all of this is scientific ignorance. For instance in the early 20th century “science “ thought it was next level brilliant to irradiate people’s thymus gland…

If folks don’t know what the thymus gland does…we learned it was a very very bad idea. Socialized medicine, for all its “warm and fuzzies” will lead to some horrifying actions on our population under centralized global control…guaranteed.

posted on Jul, 24 2021 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Again, if you can't see any parallels, that's fine. It inherently has to be different to break instinctual reactions that would occur if it was just the same scenario repackaged.

But for a simple parallel, both contain people who are healthy -- no disease, no danger -- that are demonized by media, social media, friends, family etc. for choosing to just exist that way and "not participate".

Your scenario doesn't work though.

In yours people are being asked to give something out of their body. The Vaccines are (or soon will be) being forced onto people.

posted on Jul, 24 2021 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: MiaBandetoh

originally posted by: NotGuilty

Any bets on anti-vax and Trump told me...?

There is a huge difference between pro-liberty and anti-something else. One is a choice to remain with your liberties, the other is trying to avoid the coercion of others -- the very definition of selfishness.

You cannot by definition be selfish if you are not expecting some behavior of others. See how upside down it has gotten. The group demanding behavior is calling the ones not demanding anything, "selfish".

posted on Jul, 24 2021 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Never trust anything that's for your own good or for the good of others

Thos words have been repeated countless times bye dictators and cult leaders to get people to do evil things

posted on Jul, 24 2021 @ 01:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: MiaBandetoh

Again, if you can't see any parallels, that's fine. It inherently has to be different to break instinctual reactions that would occur if it was just the same scenario repackaged.

Your scenario doesn't work though.

In yours people are being asked to give something out of their body. The Vaccines are (or soon will be) being forced onto people.

Did you read the whole thing?

posted on Jul, 24 2021 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Actually the bone marrow of some people does have stem cells that can be used to heal others problems. But this appears to be about the covid vaccine. Not about blood or plasma from young people being used to rejuvinate the old rich people who can afford to buy it.

What do they call it when someone uses an example unrelated to what they are trying to express? Is it a parable?

posted on Jul, 24 2021 @ 01:29 PM
link   

I like your analogy... probably because I've been thinking along the same lines, only in terms of kidney or other donations for transplant. Just how much is an individual expected to give to satisfy someone else's needs?

And what happens when the PTB decide to bring social credit scores into the equation? Whose life will be deemed less worthy? Whose lives will be sacrificed for those deemed more worthy?

And how far will it go? Will they just demand our corneas, leaving us alive but disabled? Or will they demand our hearts, leaving us dead?

Where is the line drawn???

posted on Jul, 24 2021 @ 01:34 PM
link   
If you are going to sell your soul, you have to figure out what your soul is worth. In Tennessee we take a dim view of feds showing up at our homes. They tried it to collect taxes on liquor and it lead to the whiskey rebellion.

posted on Jul, 24 2021 @ 01:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea

I like your analogy... probably because I've been thinking along the same lines, only in terms of kidney or other donations for transplant. Just how much is an individual expected to give to satisfy someone else's needs?

And what happens when the PTB decide to bring social credit scores into the equation? Whose life will be deemed less worthy? Whose lives will be sacrificed for those deemed more worthy?

And how far will it go? Will they just demand our corneas, leaving us alive but disabled? Or will they demand our hearts, leaving us dead?

Where is the line drawn???

Exactly. I don't care if it's one person who can save a billion people if their heart can be chopped up and replicated. In no way should that choice be coerced nor the person feel badly if they choose not to. I'm sure there are those who would think the gov't should step in and that life be taken though.

posted on Jul, 24 2021 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Actually the elites will do anything to stay alive, no the rest of the common joe, can you imagine a world were people do not die and live over 150 years? I do not think our world will be able to accommodate for that with the resources available. So this will be kept in secret for the benefit of a few.

Hypothetical speaking.

posted on Jul, 24 2021 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Isn't bone marrow extraction extremely painful?

It would have to be a close friend or family member if I was going to donate.

Not sure this compares with the C-Jab, but I see what you're getting at.

I DGAF what it is, if the government tells me I HAVE to do it, I get like "yea, no".

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join