It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Employers CAN Ask Applicants if They’re "Vaccinated" but NOT if They’re Convicted Felons

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Jul, 24 2021 @ 09:21 AM
link   
This in the state of Maine...as per a new law signed by Maine Governor, Janet Mills.

"Dammit Janet!"

Employers in Maine will be prohibited from asking prospective job candidates about their previous criminal histories under a new law signed by Gov. Janet Mills.

The new law, which was approved by the Legislature in the final days of its session, will ban companies from screening people with criminal backgrounds before those applicants have an opportunity to go through the preliminary hiring process.

justthenews.com...
thelibertydaily.com...

A couple of nasty precedents are being set here.
Apparently, employers now have every right to question a prospective job candidate's medical history before offering them the job...but NOT questioning them about their legal history.

The not-so-subliminal message being sent here...is that being un-"vaccinated" is now worse than having raped or murdered someone.

That candidate across the table, may have been convicted of arson, murder or child-molestation...but, as long as he's been "vaccinated"...

...Welcome Aboard!

Seems a little F'd Up.

edit on 24-7-2021 by IAMTAT because: shorten title

posted on Jul, 24 2021 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Not just a little F up but totally.
America has gone to the law dogs.
a reply to: IAMTAT

posted on Jul, 24 2021 @ 09:32 AM
link   

It's been awhile since I filled out a job application, but I think I had to answer the question "Have you ever been arrested?".

If you check "Yes" then the interviewer can ask more about that arrest. Plus, I don't see any proscription for employers to run a criminal background check on their own.

As to the vaccine question...I don't really have an opinion on that. I can see both sides.

edit on 24-7-2021 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2021 @ 09:32 AM
link   

We're heading to the clown train of the New World Order,
ALL ABOARD!

posted on Jul, 24 2021 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Not all felonies are the same. I was a felon for 9 months for resisting arrest. I had NO other charge (the assault charge was dropped when a video showed I had a seizure and didn't kick the deputy in the face "on purpose"). I was given the SAME sentence as a dude who was arrested for robbing a bank -

My crime? I had a psychotic breakdown. I had NO idea where I was or what I was doing. I still got resisting arrest though. I was 51 years old and had NO record.

The forced vaccinations however. If the world TRULY gives in to this - the entire planet will end up a wasteland. Unemployed and hungry people do crazy things.

I am not afraid of the "lockdowns" and encroaching NWO - I fear the chaos that will ensue at the beginning of it.

posted on Jul, 24 2021 @ 09:41 AM
link   

No worries!

At the rate we're going soon being unvaxxed will be a felony.

So we won't have to tell them.

posted on Jul, 24 2021 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Another fine example of Demokrat ass backwards horses#t 😵‍💫

posted on Jul, 24 2021 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Janet doesn't know what it feels like to get punched in the face for saying something stupid.

Maine has gone to # ender since we started letting the bums from Boston take the train up here.

posted on Jul, 24 2021 @ 09:57 AM
link   

The new law, which was approved by the Legislature in the final days of its session, will ban companies from screening people with criminal backgrounds before those applicants have an opportunity to go through the preliminary hiring process.

Sounds like maybe they can't ask the question on the application, but can ask at a later point.

posted on Jul, 24 2021 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Applicants need to memorize the now famous Jen Psaki statement "Why do you need to have that information?" 😎🦃

posted on Jul, 24 2021 @ 09:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Sounds like in Maine they can't put that on the application anymore.

posted on Jul, 24 2021 @ 10:04 AM
link   
I would be less likely to hire someone who has succumbed to fear and narrative pressures unless I was looking for an obedient drone to carry out some menial task. I prefer employees that can think things thru

I've had a problem with one employee who embezzled thousands of dollars and had done so in their past but liberal judges allowed her record to be sealed and doing multiple background checks show no indication of her previous arrests. Only a newspaper article about her arrest shows up when researching her name. I seriously doubt she will be rightly punished for the multiple felonies she's committed as the demonic left tends to defend its own criminal allies.

posted on Jul, 24 2021 @ 10:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
Sounds like maybe they can't ask the question on the application, but can ask at a later point.

Correct. Once a job offer has been made, you can ask about their criminal history and do a full background check. If something comes up, you can choose not to hire them.

This is trumpers making things up again. This law has been in place for at least 10 years. It's so that people with a criminal history can at least get job interviews. Not gonna lie, when criminal history was allowed on job applications, I never called anyone who had done something that I didn't like. Misdemeanor Marijuana charge? Sure, I'll call them. Rape? Theft? Nah.

posted on Jul, 24 2021 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Are they allowed to ask if the applicant is positive for AIDS?

posted on Jul, 24 2021 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Checking for job listings in Maine as we speak. Anything you think I should focus on for us?

posted on Jul, 24 2021 @ 10:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Are they allowed to ask if the applicant is positive for AIDS?

AIDS..."not vaccinated"?
What's the difference?

Serious answer...

Disability Questions

Inappropriate to ask:
o Do you have any disabilities?
o What is your medical history?
o How does your condition affect your abilities?

usm.maine.edu...

posted on Jul, 24 2021 @ 10:24 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Are there any meat processing facilities in Maine?

posted on Jul, 24 2021 @ 10:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: mamabeth
Are there any meat processing facilities in Maine?

If there's not there will be.

posted on Jul, 24 2021 @ 10:26 AM
link   
a reply to: LordAhriman

Thanks for that input. I was trying to find this "new bill", to examine the wording, but I couldn't find it...because it's 10 years old! LOL

posted on Jul, 24 2021 @ 10:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: LordAhriman

Thanks for that input. I was trying to find this "new bill", to examine the wording, but I couldn't find it...because it's 10 years old! LOL

The "new" law referenced in the OP goes into effect in Oct. 2021.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join