It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Space Force Military uniform

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2021 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Riffrafter

The Space-force Is not fighting in space. They are running satellites and doing software upgrades on legacy systems. They only need to concern themselves with fitting into the existing force structures you comedians out there.

posted on Jul, 24 2021 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Everybody hating on the space force just cause it was created under Trump, while not actually knowing the function of the new branch of the military. TDS is still a thing I guess, oh well.

posted on Jul, 24 2021 @ 02:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: machineintelligence

The Space-force Is not fighting in space. They are running satellites and doing software upgrades on legacy systems. They only need to concern themselves with fitting into the existing force structures you comedians out there.

True, amigo.

But as an equal branch of the military, it's normal for them to get uniforms/utilities.

Not sure what everyone's problem is...

posted on Jul, 24 2021 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Why is the flag on the left shoulder? After 13 years active I find that odd.

posted on Jul, 24 2021 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Atsbhct
a reply to: Alien Abduct

What's the point of the Space Command?

I worked on heavies for the majority of my 20 years, 1k miles form a combat zone in most cases why do we need camo anything?

we should just be in our old coveralls and be fine like the USAF used to be.

posted on Jul, 24 2021 @ 04:56 PM
link   

It's actually extremely important. Do you have any idea how vital satellites are to everyday life? If they suddenly stopped working, society could collapse. We need to make sure ours are protected from enemy forces, some of which have the ability to destroy them or otherwise impede their functioning.

posted on Jul, 24 2021 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Space Command works with satellites and missile defense, like SBIRS. They operate out of Buckely AFB. I have lived and worked on Buckley AFB. I have dozens and dozens of friends who work there and transferred from 'Space Command' to 'Space Force'.

posted on Jul, 24 2021 @ 06:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Alien Abduct

What's the point of camouflage in space?

Space Force does not operate IN space.
They operate on the ground, and often times they get deployed and work in desert terrain. For example, they deploy with the Army and Marines and work with satellite communications because uhhhh that is how our military communicate with each other - GPS which is operated/run by Space Force. It is also how missile strikes are called in. So on and so forth. So, they need to be wearing desert camouflage for very obvious reasons.

I guess too many think 'space' and think......space ships? Or think aliens? Or think planets? I dont know. But the job is far more than the average person 'thinks', it seems.
edit on 2021 by shaemac because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2021 @ 12:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: shaemac
They operate on the ground
Then what do they call the troops who operate in space?

Moonraker 1979, Laser Battle scene in Space

I don't know what they can do for camouflage in space, but those guys look like sitting ducks out there.

posted on Jul, 29 2021 @ 12:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: F2d5thCavv2
I prefer this style.

Cheers

Except that those skirts are way, WAY too LONG !

And fix that uptight neckline,else are these nuns ?

edit on 29-7-2021 by M5xaz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2021 @ 08:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: machineintelligence

"The Space-force Is not fighting in space."

For now....

posted on Jul, 30 2021 @ 08:00 AM
link   

When the first Space Commands (Army and Navy) were established back in the 1980s, they concentrated on missile defense and threats from foreign satellites. I suppose this also included operating satellites of their own that had defensive and offensive capabilities.

The new unified and separate Space Command includes that same mission, but it seems to also look ahead to a time when space might be a greater battlefield. Their stated mission is as follows:

"To conduct operations in, from, and through space to deter conflict, and if necessary, defeat aggression, deliver space combat power for the Joint/Combined force, and defend U.S. vital interests with allies and partners."

posted on Feb, 22 2024 @ 05:08 AM
link   
a reply to: shaemac

They operate on the ground, and often times they get deployed and work in desert terrain. For example, they deploy with the Army and Marines and work with satellite communications because uhhhh that is how our military communicate with each other - GPS which is operated/run by Space Force. It is also how missile strikes are called in. So on and so forth. So, they need to be wearing desert camouflage for very obvious reasons.

Bingo!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join