It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can someone please explain this to me??

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2021 @ 06:02 PM
link   
a reply to: all2human
They can't have herd immunity numbers contradicting their science of profit and forfeiture.

posted on Jul, 25 2021 @ 06:39 PM
link   
I think I will trust millennia of evolutionary adaptation by the human immune system

edit on 25-7-2021 by FREEMINDSOFMAN because: Station

posted on Jul, 25 2021 @ 08:47 PM
link   
a reply to: momentoftruths

I question the voracity of your data. Most virus don't survive long when airborne. In certain conditions a virus can live a month or longer on a surface, it depends on the virus and the conditions. Humidity and temp are the biggest factors affecting virus lifespan. Unless it has mutated to survive in the air, when airborne a virus is deprived of the conditions necessary for it to be sustainable. It is most infectious when recently released from a host and grows weaker until it ultimately becomes harmless.

The concept of a virus being so light even the slightest breeze can send it flying is unclear. Surface chemistry of viruses is pretty interesting stuff. How they interact with surfaces depends on a number of things.

Unlike the viruses that cause influenza, SARS-CoV-2 is mainly transmitted through aerosols, or particles that travel through and stay suspended in the air when people talk, sing, cough or sneeze.

The flu is transmitted by large droplets you breathe out, which fall to and stay infectious on surfaces. Heldt said surfaces have not been ruled out as a mode of transmission, but that the most common form of transition seems to be aerosol inhalation. "It's about how close you are to someone and for how long," she said.

Temperature and humidity in particular seem to have greater effects on the SARS-CoV-2 virus' virility.

If an infected person touches their nose, then touches a door handle the door handle most likely has the virus on it. If you come along a few minutes later and touch the door handle, then touch your nose or eyes, it is likely you have just infected yourself. It may seem like a long shot, but consider how many people touch doors, railings, elevator buttons, money, etc. And how often people touch their face without even thinking about it. I remember the woman on the news reading a report about how to avoid covid. She was saying it was vital to not touch your face when out in public until after you have washed your hands thoroughly and how people do that without even thinking about it. As she read each page she licked her finger, turned the next page, and continued reading. It was gloriously imperfect.

posted on Jul, 26 2021 @ 06:16 AM
link   
Hope that helps.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join