It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The day BBC died

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2021 @ 09:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

With Hancock gone, it seems his burden of improbable-nonsense-to-tell-the-media-with-a-straight-face has fallen on Shapps.

I wonder who he'll be filmed snogging once the last pitiful token of credibility has been rinsed out of him. I'll give it 6 months before the lies and BS push him onto his sword.

edit on 5-8-2021 by McGinty because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2021 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

The root of the problem is greed, selfishness and cronyism, and also that sense of entitlement so many seem to have. it doesn’t matter wether a person is rich, poor or somewhere in between the majority of people our out for themselves and their inner circle. So much so people actually admire and look up to gangsters like they are some sort of robin hoods.

If you ask me society has lost its moral compass. The saddest part is that the majority of people I firmly believe have an innate sense of right and wrong, of fair and fowl. But we are encouraged to think an act as if it’s a dog eat dog world. That right and wrong are just subjective emotions, materialism is all there is, survival of the fittest, that’s it’s a cold and calculating world and there’s nothing deeper or more meaningful about it. It’s no wonder so many choose to self medicate in some way.

It’s a paradigm that has been put in place by the sociopaths that inevitably rise to the top and it is essential that everyone buys into that paradigm in order for them stay on top. You can’t have a pyramid scheme if nobody is willing to buy into it in the hope that they to can get rich off the backs of others.

Human psychology has been expertly exploited to this effect.

I think there is hope though, the temporal gratification and hollow shell of the materialistic mind set must fall away as the spell is broken and a sense of genuine purpose in what I can only describe as spirituality emerges.

posted on Aug, 7 2021 @ 02:31 AM
link   
a reply to: surfer_soul

Great post - it’s a sad song, but a true one. The move away from capitalism is such a huge paradigm shift that even if we had an alternative we knew worked, I’m still not sure enough sheeple would be willing, or able to change.

For too long too many gangsters have been wearing the suits and robes of high office, calling themselves politicians, judges, CEOs, royalty, the establishment, that most people will never see past the suits - the cloaks of respectability hiding the greed, cronyism and ruthlessness underneath.

So long as those people have the biggest dogs they’ll continue to undermine anything that tries to imagine more than a dog eat dog world.
They’re dogs are the laws they made for us, but not for them. Their dogs are fantasies of reaching the top of the pyramid that their media machines pump out like a sleeping-gas, and the minions of us who breath it in daily, conditioned to defend the pyramid we toil under. The masses all predestined by those above them to never move even a single step higher up the structure.

The beauty of the pyramid scheme you well described is that we are our own jailers. We enforce our masters’ rules in the hope that this gets us a better cell. All those little people holding down those below in order to maintain their tiny slice of ‘success’ are the bricks of the pyramid.

You have to wonder, how many bricks have to fall for the whole thing to crumble? Chopping off the apex simply makes what’s left the new top - ultimately those bricks become just as keen to enforce the rules to keep their position. How many revolutions have led to a fair society that remained fair? The answer must lie in disrupting that hypnotic sleeping-gas - the dark influence the structure’s geometry has on us.

Re-educate us minions holding it all up to care about those below and reverse the flow of power so that it travels downwards. That’s the only way of really escaping the pyramid and that’s the job of philosophy and religion. Good luck to them!
edit on 7-8-2021 by McGinty because: (no reason given)

<< 5  6  7   >>

join