It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Biden Frees Al Qaeda Commander Who Blew Up Buddhas

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Jul, 23 2021 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Remember the Buddhas of Bamiyan?

A sacred World Heritage site consisting of ancient giant Buddhas...carved over 1400 years ago out of the shear rock face in Afghanistan.

Remember how Al Qaeda intentionally blew them to bits in 2001?

Well, THIS is the pos who did it.

We had him in GITMO.

Joe just decided to release him.

When the Taliban and its Al Qaeda allies blew up two giant Buddha statues in Afghanistan, it put the Jihadist alliance on the world's radar even before the September 11 attacks.

The destruction of the statues was widely condemned by just about everyone. Even Democrats.

Now, Joe Biden has decided to free an Al Qaeda commander who helped bomb the statues.

www.frontpagemag.com...
edit on 23-7-2021 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-7-2021 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2021 @ 09:15 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Did he send him back to the sand box?
I wonder how many of the “old crew” are still snaking around.

Either way, they don’t call him Sleepy Joe for nothing.
Perhaps Joe thinks if he lets these POS out, then the ‘ban will stop with their terror attacks.

Or... Maybe this dude will bring Joe that wake up call that’s needed.

posted on Jul, 23 2021 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Reading up on him, it seems like there's no evidence of any kind that he was a commander. Also, it's not like he was just dropped off in the middle of Time Square or something. He was handed over to the Moroccan government.

Most importantly in all of this, he sat in prison for 19 years without ever being charged with a single crime and was cleared for release back in 2016.

Guantanamo Bay is a dark stain on US history and the fact that it remains open to this day is frankly appalling. I will applaud any attempt at getting that fortress of human rights violations shut down.
edit on 7/23/2021 by Xcalibur254 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2021 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Your president is the enemy...

nothing else can be said.

posted on Jul, 23 2021 @ 09:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: jerich0
Your president is the enemy...

nothing else can be said.

Glad I didn't vote for him.

posted on Jul, 23 2021 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Biden Frees Al Qaeda Commander Who Blew Up Buddhas

Pretty much expected after the last year of destruction of our own monuments by the usual suspects.

Meanwhile Americans are being locked up and thrown in solitary.

posted on Jul, 23 2021 @ 09:35 AM
link   
a reply to: jerich0

Your president is the enemy

He's not really the President, he just plays one on TV.
He takes his orders from elsewhere and he is just a pawn.
Selling out and being scummy, is part of the qualifications to become president....or so it seems.

If anyone should be in prison, its probably the last 5 presidents.

I remember when those statues were blown up and remember thinking, what a bunch of stupid, disrespectful, intolerant cavemen.
Glad he was in Gitmo but there are far many others who deserve to be there as well.

posted on Jul, 23 2021 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Terror is so passé.

They have the "Pandemic" now.

Look at where we've come, I mean there are people sticking up for this POS (includes Biden and the Terrorist), lol.

edit on 7/23/2021 by MykeNukem because: eh?

posted on Jul, 23 2021 @ 09:40 AM
link   
I use to drive past those blown up statues in Afghanistan. Depressing. There are other ancient ruins in Afghanistan, lots of em'. Those were left alone for some reason. We got out one day to explore a site. Just surreal. Locals didn't show any interests in them. If that was in the US it would be fenced in with admission fees...meh. Sad. I really wanted to see those beautiful statues.

One thing about Biden, almost everything he's doing right now are demeaning tactical moves of a tyrant. It's not really him doing it however, he's just the messenger for the tyrants who absolutely hate all religions with extreme prejudice. Anything that can unite people against them, inspire people against they want dealt with.

posted on Jul, 23 2021 @ 09:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

Reading up on him, it seems like there's no evidence of any kind that he was a commander. Also, it's not like he was just dropped off in the middle of Time Square or something. He was handed over to the Moroccan government.

Most importantly in all of this, he sat in prison for 19 years without ever being charged with a single crime and was cleared for release back in 2016.

Guantanamo Bay is a dark stain on US history and the fact that it remains open to this day is frankly appalling. I will applaud any attempt at getting that fortress of human rights violations shut down.

It will never be shutdown. Obama ran on shutting it down. He did nothing. It enriches a lot of contractors who donate to campaigns. Shut it down and they will donate to keeping it open...meh.

posted on Jul, 23 2021 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Maybe he let him out so he can attend Hunter's art auction.

posted on Jul, 23 2021 @ 10:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Stupidsecrets

197 prisoners were transferred out of Guantanamo under Obama.

There's a lengthy process that must be adhered to when transferring a prisoner from there. This includes a unanimous vote from an interagency review board that determines whether the prisoner still presents a threat to the US. Nasir was actually approved for transfer by this board in 2016. However, due to bureaucratic red tape we weren't able to get everything worked out with Morocco until after Trump was elected. During his administration, Trump approved the transfer of only one Guantanamo detainee.

There are currently 39 prisoners still sitting in Guantanamo. 10 of those have been approved for transfer.

posted on Jul, 23 2021 @ 10:13 AM
link   

197 prisoners were transferred out of Guantanamo under Obama.

There's a lengthy process that must be adhered to when transferring a prisoner from there. This includes a unanimous vote from an interagency review board that determines whether the prisoner still presents a threat to the US. Nasir was actually approved for transfer by this board in 2016. However, due to bureaucratic red tape we weren't able to get everything worked out with Morocco until after Trump was elected. During his administration, Trump approved the transfer of only one Guantanamo detainee.

There are currently 39 prisoners still sitting in Guantanamo. 10 of those have been approved for transfer.

Obama ran on shutting it down. He did not was my point. Are you saying he did that? I know this heartbreaking for you but he did not shut it down. Doesn't matter if their is one midget still there. He did not shut it down.

posted on Jul, 23 2021 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

I can easily think of 650+ politicians that need to be sharing rooms in Gitmo. Keep it open, residents will hopefully be coming soon.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Jul, 23 2021 @ 10:37 AM
link   

I'm saying it's not as simple as just closing it. Inmates need to be transferred. Unfortunately the process for transferring inmates is lengthy.

You are correct that Obama did not close it. But to say no steps were taken to close it during his administration is a lie.

posted on Jul, 23 2021 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Isn't that guy one of Obama's old pals?

Looks like Obama finally got the message to Joe to release his friend.

posted on Jul, 23 2021 @ 10:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Oh I agree, they should have just put a couple of bullets to the back of the skull of everyone imprisoned there. Would be a lot more humane and no need to worry about releasing anyone that may cause issues down the ride.

posted on Jul, 23 2021 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Hypntick

Because detaining people for decades without charging them with any crimes isn't bad enough.

posted on Jul, 23 2021 @ 11:20 AM
link   

I remember quite clearly the tour that Sayed Rahmatullah Hashemi, Taliban ambassador-at-large, made in the U.S. in March of 2001. He got pretty chummy with Bush. One of his jobs was to explain the whys and wherefores of the statue destructions. It had to do with the U.N. dumping so much money into the statues while children starved.

U.S. people love to hate on the U.N. Shouldn't they see the destruction of the statues as a poke in the eye to the U.N.? "Enemy of my enemy" and all that.

But yeah, in the land that's known for freedom how can releasing a person held 19 years with no charges be tolerated? Unthinkable!

================
It strikes me that if the current (for now) government of Afghanistan had evidence of this particular character being responsible for the destruction of Afghan national heritage treasures and wanted to charge him, they could have easily negotiated an extradition to Afghanistan for trial. Any news about that?

edit on 23-7-2021 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2021 @ 11:24 AM
link   

I'm saying it's not as simple as just closing it. Inmates need to be transferred. Unfortunately the process for transferring inmates is lengthy.

You are correct that Obama did not close it. But to say no steps were taken to close it during his administration is a lie.

He said he was going to close it, not try to close it. He said that with almost everything. Out of Afghanistan, Iraq, Shovel ready jobs, lower healthcare costs for all, fix NAFTA....meh. You can play semantics with any one of those topics. I'm just going off of what he said. None of those things happened no matter how you spin it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join