It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Was Right - Herd Immunity via Covid-19 Recovery is The Way to Go.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2021 @ 09:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
originally posted by: tanstaafl
There is no cure for polio.

Dr. Klenner disagrees with you.

posted on Jul, 23 2021 @ 09:21 AM
link   
a reply to: tanstaafl

LOL, 'Doctoryourself.com'.

The Mayo Clinic (a real hospital):

Treatment

Because no cure for polio exists, the focus is on increasing comfort, speeding recovery and preventing complications.

posted on Jul, 23 2021 @ 09:24 AM
link   

LOL, 'Doctoryourself.com'.

Deliberate ignorance much?

Yes. Dr. Andrew Saul has been researching vitamin C and other vitamins as natural ways to treat all kinds of diseases for 40 years or so.

But by all means, ridicule that of which you know naught.

posted on Jul, 23 2021 @ 09:25 AM
link   

I'll trust the Mayo Clinic. You, not at all.

And it's 'Salk', FFS.

edit on 23-7-2021 by AugustusMasonicus because: Cooking spirits since 2007

posted on Jul, 23 2021 @ 09:28 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

There's also long covid driven by serious effects. With vaccines, that's minimized plus herd immunity still takes place.

posted on Jul, 23 2021 @ 09:29 AM
link   

I'll trust the Mayo Clinic. You, not at all.

And it's 'Salk', FFS.

No, it is Saul.
You might be thinking of someone else.
Riordan Clinic

posted on Jul, 23 2021 @ 09:31 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

An inactivated polio vaccine, developed a few years later by Jonas Salk, came into use in 1955. Another attenuated live oral polio vaccine was developed by Albert Sabin. Source

posted on Jul, 23 2021 @ 09:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: MiddleInsite
Wrong. Trump wasn't the best President ever. Unless of course, being a traitor to your Country is at the top of your list on what you want from a President.

Trump is immature, self absorbed, and frankly a moron.

And history will see him that way. I know it's hard for you to see now, but you can count on it. Video doesn't lie.

a reply to: carewemust

Another bright and early bullsh!t story eh?

We know your feelz were hurt by Trump for 4 years so that clouds the utter buffoonery from Biden in your alternate reality but one day you will see.

He is the laughing stock of the world.
Video doesn’t lie.

edit on 23-7-2021 by RazorV66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2021 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Yes, of course herd immunity is key.

However, it depends on a lot of things we don't yet know about this novel virus, such as how long the antibodies developed either naturally via contracting the disease or developing via vaccines last.

ETA

Natural infection

Herd immunity can be reached when enough people in the population have recovered from a disease and have developed protective antibodies against future infection.

However, there are some major problems with relying on community infection to create herd immunity to the virus that causes COVID-19:

Reinfection. It’s not clear how long you are protected from getting sick again after recovering from COVID-19. Even if you have antibodies, it’s possible that you could get COVID-19 again.

Health impact. Experts estimate that in the U.S., 70% of the population — more than 200 million people — would have to recover from COVID-19 to halt the pandemic. This number of infections could lead to serious complications and millions of deaths, especially among older people and those who have existing health conditions. The health care system could quickly become overwhelmed.

Vaccines

Herd immunity also can be reached when enough people have been vaccinated against a disease and have developed protective antibodies against future infection. Unlike the natural infection method, vaccines create immunity without causing illness or resulting complications. Using the concept of herd immunity, vaccines have successfully controlled contagious diseases such as smallpox, polio, diphtheria, rubella and many others.

Herd immunity makes it possible to protect the population from a disease, including those who can't be vaccinated, such as newborns or those who have compromised immune systems.

But reaching herd immunity through vaccination against COVID-19 might be difficult for many reasons. For example:

Vaccine hesitancy. Some people may object to getting a COVID-19 vaccine because of religious objections, fears about the possible risks or skepticism about the benefits. If the proportion of vaccinated people in a community is below the herd immunity threshold, a contagious disease could continue to spread.

Protection questions. It’s not clear how long the COVID-19 vaccines will protect you from COVID-19. Further research is needed to see how much the COVID-19 vaccines reduce transmission of the COVID-19 virus. Also, research suggests that COVID-19 vaccines may have lower

What’s the outlook for achieving herd immunity in the U.S.?

The U.S. is currently making progress toward herd immunity through a combined approach. The number of fully vaccinated adults continues to rise. In addition, more than 31 million people in the U.S. have had confirmed infections with the COVID-19 virus — though, again, it’s not clear how long immunity lasts after infection.

Given the challenges, it’s not clear if or when the U.S. will achieve herd immunity.

Mayo Clinic

Then again, remembering where we are, I'm sure many of you will say the Mayo Clinic is also not to be trusted.
edit on 23-7-2021 by GravitySucks because: Added supporting content.

EATA: Also, Trump had to ask the question even though millions if not billions already knew this. Duh.
edit on 23-7-2021 by GravitySucks because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2021 @ 09:36 AM
link   

An inactivated polio vaccine, developed a few years later by Jonas Salk, came into use in 1955. Another attenuated live oral polio vaccine was developed by Albert Sabin. Source

Uh.

I don't think this is the doc he's talking about regarding nutrient treatment research.

Polio vaccine and Vite C stuff, not the same guys.

posted on Jul, 23 2021 @ 09:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Ah, gotcha.

Either way, polio has no cure despite online nuttery to the contrary.

posted on Jul, 23 2021 @ 09:50 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

That's basically the same thing as being vaccinated, taking a weaker dose of the actual virus and allowing your body to build immunity.

Yes, it is. And it works pretty well!

I've seen similar suggestions/theories that if we had allowed people to contract and recover naturally from the original Covid strains, that it would have a similar effect to the new strains of Covid -- for the same reasons. Although I'm not sure the strains are more deadly; I've only seen "more contagious" or "more infectious," not "more deadly." And I'm not sure it's true. I obviously have no way of knowing, but I have good reason to think it's possible, perhaps even probable.

But I have to stress that -- as a whole -- we did not even try treating Covid naturally. Everyone immediately went into panic and fear mongering, pretending like we know nothing about viruses and how they function, pretending like we know nothing about natural supplements and substances that fortify our bodies and stimulate/activate our own immune systems, that we know nothing about our immune systems, that Big Pharma was our only hope... our only salvation...

posted on Jul, 23 2021 @ 09:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea
But I have to stress that -- as a whole -- we did not even try treating Covid naturally.

Well, I treated it 'naturally'. I got it and got better. It's the flu, basically.

posted on Jul, 23 2021 @ 10:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: NotGuilty
Now that we know what we know, and now that we are where we are it’s plain to see Trump was right about everything.

The media is the enemy of the people.

“They’re not coming after me. They’re coming after you. I’m just in the way.”

Yes...and the Media, along with the top people they've been covering for (Fauci, Biden family, Obama, and others..) are nearing their time of reckoning. Exposure is imminent.

posted on Jul, 23 2021 @ 10:09 AM
link   

But I have to stress that -- as a whole -- we did not even try treating Covid naturally.

Well, I treated it 'naturally'. I got it and got better. It's the flu, basically.

Lysol isn't natural, but that's how I drove Covid-19 out of my body in less than 48 hours.

The label on the can is 100% accurate. The product works like a charm.

link   

I wouldn't expect any less or different of you... we did the same. At least, I'm 99.9% that we had it in February 2020, right before it became a thing.

For what it's worth to the greater topic, whatever we got in Feb 20 was going around my husband's work, and pretty much everyone came down with it, everyone missed some work days, no one went to a doctor, and everyone recovered. Some were definitely sicker than others, but none needed hospitalization or ventilators. A couple/few months ago, one of the guys was diagnosed with Covid, and he was very sick for weeks, but the only ones who caught Covid from him were the handful of new employees who weren't there in Feb 20.

link   

Yep... that's the guy I thought that you were thinking of...
But that isn't the person the other poster mentioned.
Did you even hit the link?

posted on Jul, 23 2021 @ 10:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
Lysol isn't natural, but that's how I drove Covid-19 out of my body in less than 48 hours.

Good for you.

posted on Jul, 23 2021 @ 10:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

The label on the can is 100% accurate. The product works like a charm.

LOL -- my grandmother would approve!!! She swore by Lysol for everything!

posted on Jul, 23 2021 @ 10:11 AM
link   

I wouldn't expect any less or different of you... we did the same. At least, I'm 99.9% that we had it in February 2020, right before it became a thing.

100%, when I finally got the blood test it came back with the antibodies.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join