It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Working for Big Pharma and Mr. C

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2021 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Many years ago I worked for one of the biggest pharmaceutical companies on earth.
I was very young and it was a very good paying job.
I worked with the cream of the crop in the company. Everyone from scientist that held patents for the drugs, to the engineers that made the machines pop out pills. I’m not going to talk about industry secrets or anything like that but this story is just as important.

There was a meeting and I was in charge of the arrangements. I ordered food, drink and supplies. Everything was delivered into the big room.
Money was never an issue, again we are talking the top people and they were spoiled. I have to step back and tell you about Mr. C.
I remember him telling me he went on a trip to Vegas and was happy he only lost in the 5 figures this time. As in tens of thousands instead of over a hundred thousand. It boggled my young mind. He was a low level manager, but they were all making tons and tons of money. Some of them were so wealthy they had side businesses like local franchises in addition to their 9 to 5.
Every single one of them drove BMW’s, top of the line. They kept them for a year or two and bought a new one. These people were the true 1percenters. We aren’t talking six figures middle class rich, we are talking millions. Some of the things I saw were too crazy to believe, heck I wouldn’t believe it if I didn’t see it with my own eyes.

Back to the meeting, it ended and out walks Mr. C. He comes up to my desk with a cheesy smile and a Diet Pepsi. He asks me if I want to buy it. I said no, I don’t drink diet soda. He tries to bargain with me, how about a quarter? I say no. I could not be more disgusted. All the drinks in the room are free like they always are. Anyone can go in and take any extra any time (yes including me a lowly peon).

I want everyone to think about that. Here are some of the richest people not just in the US but possibly the world and he was trying to sell me a soda he got for free. What is a mere quarter to someone that rich? I’d like to say he was a bad apple, but that just isn’t the case. These are the types of people that are pushing all the pills and cough…vaccines. It is all about the money. I truly believe some people have sold their soul to the devil for money. The sad thing, no matter how rich they were, they never seemed happy, never. I truly believe money will make people do unspeakable things….And it seemed as if no matter how much they made they wanted more. It was insatiable.

posted on Jul, 23 2021 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Truly and eye opening story, thanks for posting it. The love of money is the root of all evil and this post points it out to perfection. Trouble is, people have always known this, so why has half the world suddenly forgotten it?

posted on Jul, 23 2021 @ 12:51 AM
link   
One of the most misquoted verses in the Bible is 1 Timothy 6:10. Many will claim that it says that "money is the root of all evil." What it actually says it:

For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evils. It is through this craving that some have wandered away from the faith and pierced themselves with many pangs. (ESV)

The Amplified Bible puts is a bit more clearly:

For the love of money [that is, the greedy desire for it and the willingness to gain it unethically] is a root of all sorts of evil, and some by longing for it have wandered away from the faith and pierced themselves [through and through] with many sorrows.

Ultimately, the love of money boils down to a person's desire for power, control. Money - like most other things in this world - is not evil in itself; it is what we do with it - or what we allow it to do to us - that corrupts.

posted on Jul, 23 2021 @ 12:53 AM
link   
a reply to: TrulyColorBlind

I don't know that anyone has forgotten it. I don't think that most people every really understood it. We all love the convenience that having wealth brings. The sense of power and control is satisfying to most people. Most people do not understand that it's all a sham, an illusion.

posted on Jul, 23 2021 @ 12:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: incoserv
a reply to: TrulyColorBlind

I don't know that anyone has forgotten it. I don't think that most people every really understood it. We all love the convenience that having wealth brings. The sense of power and control is satisfying to most people. Most people do not understand that it's all a sham, an illusion.

I do agree with the power angle. These people had enough money, they could buy almost anything.

posted on Jul, 23 2021 @ 01:23 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

They have all this money in the world couldn't they help the people in need? i dont mean by donating money to charities.

posted on Jul, 23 2021 @ 04:49 AM
link   
Sounds like this Mr. C likes the games played around money, like his gambling, it sounds like he's not too concerned about what he loses, so he's not in it to win, just to play the games.

When he offered to sell you a free soft drink, you should have turned it into a bet of some kind or found a way to haggle with him until he ended up owing you a bunch of money. Guy's like that can be a mark, but it's not so much about greed for money but about the game, he seems to like playing win or lose.

posted on Jul, 23 2021 @ 04:50 AM
link   
Why does it seem that most in managerial positions have this same type of personality. ..no matter what the company?
Disgusting.

posted on Jul, 23 2021 @ 05:07 AM
link   
Some just love to sell, others love to be sold to. It's all a game. Mr C was not interested in making a Q, he only wanted to make you buy something. Perhaps something in that meeting did not go his way and he wanted to play his game of showing himself how he could make somebody do his bidding, Maybe the meeting was successful for him and he wanted that extra push, a final buzz before vacating the building. Maybe he's just some psycho babble masochist in need of a pseudo kicking. Who cares, the guy's obviously just a total prick with too much to prove and the only thing he learned that day was he could not persuade you or bend you to his will.

posted on Jul, 23 2021 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Money, power, greed nothing new...I know people who have a lot of money however they are generous in an intelligent way. The greedy ones are a bore and always will be.

posted on Jul, 23 2021 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Thanks for more validation...

originally posted by: JAGStorm
I truly believe money will make people do unspeakable things….And it seemed as if no matter how much they made they wanted more. It was insatiable.

For some people, you would be right, but certainly not everyone.

posted on Jul, 23 2021 @ 08:57 AM
link   
LOL, he was probably just flirting with you.

posted on Jul, 23 2021 @ 09:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: MRinder
LOL, he was probably just flirting with you.

Nope. If I remember he went on to someone else to try to sell it.
Like I said it would be ok if it were just one persons, one incident.
It was most of them, men and women. Just some kind of evil sickness.
edit on 23-7-2021 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2021 @ 10:39 AM
link   

More weird stories please . 'You would not believe the things I saw'
Thanks for sharing.
I agree with an above poster that for some of them it really is about the money, to see the digits grow and to know you can do anything you want. For others, it is love of the 'game'

posted on Jul, 23 2021 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: MichiganSwampBuck
I disagree, I think it's the winning factor. They like to win. By successfully selling you a free can (even though it's miniscule money) he would have won.
A true story:- a few years ago a very rich person knocked me off my motorbike, His fault, he was in a rush to get to his private jet to get home. He was ordered to pay me compensation for injury, £1200, but he kept delaying and delaying. The police said "no matter he owes you £1200 he would sooner pay a lawyer £10000 to try and not pay you".
They can't stand to lose.

posted on Jul, 23 2021 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: crayzeed

effing sick but true

My brother in law in Portugal hit a drunk guy in the middle of the road who barely got injured at all. I think a slight fracture or bruise not a break.

He lied about
A. being drunk
B. crossing the road when he didnt have a cross walk and could see cars coming.
C. the car swerving to him when it wasnt. he just walked into it
etc
but because he is an ex mayor or relative of the mayor he bribed and threatened the firemen and cops and one almost lost their jobs for trying to tell the truth

So now my brother in law has to go to court multiple times and pay a lawyer for something that wasn't his fault. because he had stopped but the guy turned around then turned around again and walked into the car.

top topics

join