It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police Federation of England and Wales no longer has confidence in Home Secretary Priti Patel

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2021 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Welcome aboard chaps , I lost confidence in her a couple of years ago.

Today the Police Federation has said it's lost confidence in Priti Patel , they're body that represents rank and file police officers , their decision comes following the Home Office's decision to introduce a pay freeze for officers earning over £24,000 , those earning under £24,000 will get a rise totaling to £250 a year , pretty poor form for a serving Home Secretary to lose the confidence of the police.

It's another failure from the woman of many failures , Bullying accusations , breach of the Ministerial code , the complete failure to get a grip on the channel crossings fiasco and now losing the confidence of the police , if Johnson doesn't do now what he should have done last year then he is part of the problem.

In a statement released on Thursday following a National Council meeting, the Police Federation said there is "enormous anger" among officers, with many believing the government "takes them for granted and treats them with contempt".

"The warm words officers heard from the home secretary and the prime minister at PFEW's (Police Federation of England and Wales) recent annual conference have not been backed up with action," the statement reads.

"This week's pay announcement essentially amounts to a pat cut. It is an insult to the thousands of brave men and women who do so much for their communities."
news.sky.com... 507

What does it take for someone to get sacked in this government.

edit on 22-7-2021 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2021 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

She needs to get into the nearest broom cupboard with A N Other and get caught on CCTV so Boris can usher in an even more diabolical MP with far more evil ideas than Priti.
Just look at who he appointed after Hancock......
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Jul, 22 2021 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Good Lord, the stupid must have learned how to swim. I didn't expect the idiocy of "defund the police" to make it all the way across the pond. Find a way to end that garbage quick, or you will see the crime rates we have in big cities here.

posted on Jul, 22 2021 @ 01:51 PM
link   

But she's been phenomenally successful!
Now it's against the law for creeps to whistle at girls crime rates will plummet to record low levels.
Who are these "police" fellows and what would they know about real crime???

That's sarcasm, by the way, just in case....

posted on Jul, 22 2021 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Beats me a copper should earn less the £24k pa. when the average salary across the UK is £29.6k.

The again there's lies, damn lies, and Priti Patel

Edited to the link re. AVG Salary
uk.jobted.com...#:~:text=Average%20Salary%20in%20the%20UK%20(2021)&text=The%20average%20salary%20in%20the,or%20%C2%A31%2C950%20per%20month ).
edit on 22-7-2021 by Doxanoxa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2021 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Has anything like this happened before?

Its quite alarming that a Conservative Home Secretary no longer has the confidence of The Police Federation - 'the party of law and order'?

This government is possibly the most amoral, nefarious and corrupt administration I have known in my near 56 years....and that is saying something considering some of their predecessors.

posted on Jul, 22 2021 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

It's usually the civil service who end up at odds with the Home Secretary.
There were calls for her resignation last year and allegations of bullying.
Won't be the first time or the last because they are career people who see the Home Sec as a here today-gone tomorrow post and dislike changes to their working practices.

I think it's a first for the police, though.

posted on Jul, 22 2021 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

Has anything like this happened before?

Yes it has.

The Home Secretary Theresa May faced calls to resign today as she was told she had lost the trust of the police.

www.itv.com...

posted on Jul, 22 2021 @ 03:32 PM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

Ah, yes. I'd forgotten about the glamorous little robot dancer.

I just assumed that everyone hated her so the police were a part of that group.

posted on Jul, 22 2021 @ 03:46 PM
link   
So, it would seem its nothing new for The Police Federation to have no confidence in the Conservative Home Secretary - the Conservative Party being the party of 'law and order'.

How can we be expected to have any confidence and respect for our law makers when those who enforce those laws have none?

I've heard rumours that senior Civil Servants are rather disenchanted with this administration.

Is it just a matter of time until top ranking military officers voice their discontent too?

posted on Jul, 22 2021 @ 04:57 PM
link   

I am really surprised somebody hasn't fixed this entire mess in jolly old England/UK, Guy Fawkes style. I don't advocate violence, even if it has worked for me in the past ;-)

illegal where prohibited by law
don't try this at home
no politicians, lobbyists, bureaucrats or other slimeballs were harmed by this post, yet

Cheers - Dave

posted on Jul, 23 2021 @ 02:24 AM
link   

....if Johnson doesn't do now what he should have done last year then he is part of the problem.

Incompetence is no longer reason for dismissal from senior ministerial positions.
Lacking any degree of integrity is no longer cause for exclusion from senior ministerial positions.

In fact being both morally and intellectually inept and lacking any sort of compassion seem to be prerequisites for becoming a senior government Minister these days - has it ever been any different?

posted on Jul, 23 2021 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: bobs_uruncle

I am really surprised somebody hasn't fixed this entire mess in jolly old England/UK, Guy Fawkes style.

Sadly many of the people who live in this country now don't know who Guy Fawkes was or what he tried to do because it isn't their history , the rest are too busy eating McDonald's , scratching their arses and watching love island to care , nobody cares because they just don't understand it.

Even sadder is like our American cousins we have no real choice at the ballot box , there is no good option , pretty sure there's a conspiracy there somewhere.

posted on Jul, 23 2021 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Pollleese. Who are they? Are they the ones riding about with blue lights flashing chasing motorists? Or are they the same ones picking and choosing which cannabis farm to raid?
Ah, I think you mean the amateurs that visit you after the crime to give you a crime number for the insurance company.
These Conservatives are failing. Mrs Thatcher had the right idea, pay them ghostly overtime payments (doubling and sometimes trebling their pay) and she had her own private army.
I live in the Midlands and it's rife with drug dealers (the police know who they are) and do nothing about them. I live in a small town and the new name for this town is "powder town" I'll let you guess what the powder is.

posted on Jul, 24 2021 @ 12:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: bobs_uruncle

I am really surprised somebody hasn't fixed this entire mess in jolly old England/UK, Guy Fawkes style.

Sadly many of the people who live in this country now don't know who Guy Fawkes was or what he tried to do because it isn't their history , the rest are too busy eating McDonald's , scratching their arses and watching love island to care , nobody cares because they just don't understand it.

Even sadder is like our American cousins we have no real choice at the ballot box , there is no good option , pretty sure there's a conspiracy there somewhere.

In South Africa, they celebrate Guy Fawkes Day, November 5th, or at least they did in the 80's lol. Might be because the British were the first to create concentration camps, during the Boer War, I think it was.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Jul, 24 2021 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Sadly many of the people who live in this country now don't know who Guy Fawkes was or what he tried to do because it isn't their history , the rest are too busy eating McDonald's , scratching their arses and watching love island to care

O harsh but fair...

new topics

top topics

join