It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Eric Clapton to Cancel Shows Participating in Vaccine Discrimination

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2021 @ 05:33 AM
link   
This makes me want to pick up my guitar and play Layla. Hell, I might even learn one or two I don't already know!

posted on Jul, 24 2021 @ 06:02 AM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut You said "There is negligible danger from wearing a face mask. There is negligible danger from getting vaccinated. " That is your opinion. You are welcome to it. I don't agree. I'm willing to let you live your life how you see fit, to make the health choices you see fit. You are not willing to leave that choice to others. That is evil. Therefore you are evil.

posted on Jul, 24 2021 @ 08:39 AM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

The promotion of? He put his career on the line with this one. Kiss international tours goodbye. Wait for the backlash at home.

This day and age it took guts to issue that statement.

posted on Jul, 24 2021 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hecate666

originally posted by: chr0naut
a reply to: BatSars

The promotion of acts which will maximize deaths and human suffering is evil.

More people will die and suffer from COVID-19's effects if we do not take actions against it.

People that seek to sabotage those defensive actions against COVID-19 are, therefore, also evil.

Last time I looked some people still had brains to make up their own mind when it comes to risk assessment.
Plus I noticed how you only care about people who die from covid, which may be very few if they allowed the truth.
Suicides are up not because of covid but because if the evil and inhumane reactions to not very deadly (for most of humanity) virus.
Homicide was shooting up because of lockdown.

Old people were dying of loneliness, kids hangong themselves, millions on surgical waiting lists.

And now we get healthy people who would not even get symptoms if they caught covid, dying of an experimental injection.

You don't give a damn about people dying at all, you just want to spew the lamest, most obvious propaganda for some nefarious reason.

More people have and will die of the reactions to covid than from covid.

If the vacced and masked and still scared don't want to mingle, they don't have to. If others don't mind, they should be able to.

As I said before, most adults can make choices, why create a two tier society...for no reason but fake fearmongering?

As soon as Big Pharma gets 75 percent of the world to take their experimental vaccine and they recieve their tax payer funded payoff it will all go away. So step up to the plate suckers and take a hit for everybody else.

posted on Jul, 24 2021 @ 05:13 PM
link   

More people will die and suffer from COVID-19's effects if we do not take actions against it.

People that seek to sabotage those defensive actions against COVID-19 are, therefore, also evil.

You have got to be kidding? Please remember that vaccinated can and do pass it on - vaccines for Covid were NOT designed to prevent transmission. By that very definition, the only person the vaccine "protects" is those who take it. If you take it, the only protection is for YOURSELF. You're caught up in group-think about "protecting others" when the science and vaccine manufacturers themselves say this is not true.

posted on Jul, 24 2021 @ 08:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: DanZek
a reply to: chr0naut You said "There is negligible danger from wearing a face mask. There is negligible danger from getting vaccinated. " That is your opinion. You are welcome to it. I don't agree. I'm willing to let you live your life how you see fit, to make the health choices you see fit. You are not willing to leave that choice to others. That is evil. Therefore you are evil.

More people will die if people do not vaccinate, and the disease rages on unchecked for months or years. Regardless of arguments about possible adverse reactions to the vaccines, the virus has already killed many.

Just today I was informed that a Fijian pastor that my church has been supporting with food parcels and other aid (because their government has not given any aid to its people), has died at home (local hospitals are overwhelmed, and are just giving patients Paracetamol, turning them away to go home), from COVID19.

There are very few that will have adverse reactions to the vaccines, compared to the many that will have adverse reactions to having COVID-19.

Both I and my wife have received both doses of the Pfizer vaccine, with no adverse effects at all. Of all that I personally know who have been vaccinated, I have not heard of any of them having an adverse reaction.

I am not taking away anyone's choice by pointing out the facts in the matter. But those that suggest that the vaccines are deadly, and the virus isn't, are not being truthful.

edit on 24/7/2021 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2021 @ 08:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: thebtheb

You have got to be kidding? Please remember that vaccinated can and do pass it on - vaccines for Covid were NOT designed to prevent transmission. By that very definition, the only person the vaccine "protects" is those who take it. If you take it, the only protection is for YOURSELF. You're caught up in group-think about "protecting others" when the science and vaccine manufacturers themselves say this is not true.

The vaccinated do not provide a suitable host for incubating the virus. So, if they get the virus, they get over it quickly, and are far less likely to pass it on to others. This is exactly the same with people who have caught COVID-19 and recover naturally. They also can still get infected and transmit the virus just like the vaccinated.

Herd immunity can either happen slowly, by everyone getting sick (with the issue of the mortality of the disease), or it can happen rapidly, via vaccination (without the mortality).

posted on Jul, 24 2021 @ 08:48 PM
link   

I think it's just his way of "thinning the herd".

posted on Jul, 24 2021 @ 09:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: filthyphilanthropist

The promotion of? He put his career on the line with this one. Kiss international tours goodbye. Wait for the backlash at home.

This day and age it took guts to issue that statement.

He already can't tour internationally. Nothing to do with choice.

And he is continuing to put himself into the public arena by 'advertising' his opinion.

And he really hasn't released any new albums since 2018, except for the live "Crossroads Festival" one, which was hardly new material.

I'm fairly cynical, but this is just publicity.

posted on Jul, 24 2021 @ 09:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: dug88

US reactions to Clapton’s announcement were divided along partisan lines, with the conservative Prager University praising him for fighting against “arrogant tyranny,” while liberals said they never wanted to watch him perform anyway, and denouncing him as racist over comments he made in the 1970s.

Wonder how many of the triggered snowflakes were even alive when he made those comments?

Look at how fast some are trying to cancel him.

posted on Jul, 24 2021 @ 09:52 PM
link   

With the way that reporting was changed I have to disagree with you. Yes, people died. I will not question that. The number of deaths from COVID alone are miniscule. The number of deaths where COVID was a contributing factor statistics have been so skewed by political and financial concerns makes me have to question them. I friend of mine from work, his son was killed last July in a motorcycle accident. He had been tested a week before the accident. He was riding home and a deer ran out in front of him and caused him to wreck and he hit a utility pole. On his death certificate the cause was listed as "traumatic head injury w/COVID. Several County Coroners in my State have a lawsuit going on against the State because of how they changed the reporting standards for COVID. The Coroners are legally responsible for the accuracy of Death Certificates.

posted on Jul, 24 2021 @ 09:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: DanZek

More people will die if people do not vaccinate, and the disease rages on unchecked for months or years. Regardless of arguments about possible adverse reactions to the vaccines, the virus has already killed many.

Just today I was informed that a Fijian pastor that my church has been supporting with food parcels and other aid (because their government has not given any aid to its people), has died at home (local hospitals are overwhelmed, and are just giving patients Paracetamol, turning them away to go home), from COVID19.

There are very few that will have adverse reactions to the vaccines, compared to the many that will have adverse reactions to having COVID-19.

Both I and my wife have received both doses of the Pfizer vaccine, with no adverse effects at all. Of all that I personally know who have been vaccinated, I have not heard of any of them having an adverse reaction.

I am not taking away anyone's choice by pointing out the facts in the matter. But those that suggest that the vaccines are deadly, and the virus isn't, are not being truthful.

If you and your Wife have been vaccinated, why do you care?

posted on Jul, 24 2021 @ 09:55 PM
link   
He’s right to say what he did

FAR more people are in support of his stance than against it

The China virus is innocuous
The vaccine for the China virus is ineffective at best

The narrative has failed, the VAST majority of people see it for what it is

LESS than four billion people will be vaccinated against it within the next ten years
edit on 24 7 2021 by Breakthestreak because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2021 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Very few people have adverse reactions to the China virus

0.03% of those who contract it die

A very small percentage even have an adverse reaction at all

That’s not debated

Imagine a virus so deadly that you have to be tested to know if you’ve even had it

And if your test says ‘yes you’ve had it’ then……meh, so what?

And Eric Clapton concert will be a super-spreader event but bLM riots and and aNtifa terrorist attacks are incapable of causing even one single infection

Same goes with allowing hoards of unvaccinated and untested people to pour across an open border.

But stay away from an Eric Clapton concert, they have a 125% chance of killing thousands of people
edit on 24 7 2021 by Breakthestreak because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2021 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Eric Clapton doesn't discriminate, some of his friends are black...soo...he's absolutely someone we should be looking to for guidance in these troubling times.

posted on Jul, 24 2021 @ 11:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Breakthestreak

So how can you tell that a vaccine is ineffective on a disease that is innocuous?

posted on Jul, 24 2021 @ 11:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Poofmander

Exactly

How can you tell it’s effective either?

Or are you claiming the China virus is ultra deadly and that if you catch it - you definitely die?

Or am I correct in saying that even the most vulnerable people still have a 99% (plus) chance of surviving it?

(I’ll give you a clue, 99% (plus) of those who catch it survive it. Ergo - it’s one of the least harmful viruses in existence)

posted on Jul, 24 2021 @ 11:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Poofmander

Eric Clapton doesn't discriminate, some of his friends are black...soo...he's absolutely someone we should be looking to for guidance in these troubling times.

Perfect logic.
I guess.

posted on Jul, 24 2021 @ 11:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Nothing but the best from our aging rockers, Van Morrison you should hear the tracks he wrote during the pandemic...they're absolute garbage. No one needs to hear about how you're not allowed to go out Van, no one cares.

posted on Jul, 24 2021 @ 11:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Poofmander

Yeah.
But Van plays too many instruments too well. So...

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join