It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Decided I am going to get the vaccine.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2021 @ 11:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: shaemac

What will happen to yall a year from now, 5, 10 years from now?

The mRNA lasts about a day at best, the few spike protein it creates lasts about another day as the body breaks that down too. We are talking a very small amount in the vaccine. The end result after a few days is it is all gone and the only thing left is signatures in your immune system that now recognize the COVID spike protein.

So what do you think will happen in 5 or 10 years...lol mRNA does nothing to your cells or genes, they just produce the spike protein that the virus produces.

posted on Jul, 22 2021 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

You know I will always have your back.

And I will always have yours brother. Always. That means the World to me

Is there anything your Doc can do about the enlarged heart? That is terrible Tim, I know it means nothing but I am so sorry to hear that happened to you. Worst part is the liability protections will no doubt prevent anyone from answering for this. I know you have always been a pretty healthy guy, in LE and especially EMS those things can take a major toll on you, always thought it was great how well you have been able to hold up through it all

I am still in the "No" camp myself, but I guess I meet at least 3 of the "high risk" categories, even though I don't feel like an old man can't argue with the magic number there

Hang in there brother. Sending you a PM

posted on Jul, 22 2021 @ 11:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Athetos
don’t care what your blood sugar is.

Its prefect lol

It is starting to look like obesity and diabetes is making up the vast majority of the ones who have died. Not good in countries with fat people.

My point is using 99.97% is not being very honest. We can say under 30 you have a 99.999999999% of living, but if your are 70+ or with preexisting condition then it can be as low as 50/50. There are a lot more 99.9999999%ers around to push the total to 99.97%, but boy I wouldn't want to be in the 50/50 group thinking I'm good at 99.97%.

edit on 22-7-2021 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2021 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: pthena

Agreed, having an opinion or making the choice to get it or not get it is one thing and I will never fault someone for that

But a professional absolutely should not be misleading anyone especially the patient on what drugs have or have not been given. Just as bad as giving someone saline instead of morphine, or heck, why stop there, diabetis medications

posted on Jul, 22 2021 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Woodswatcher
Wow dude still a terrible reason to get a shot that may kill you in the long run. Hows selling out feel? a reply to: JBurns

How's "selling out" feel? I'll tell you.

It feels better than dying of a preventable disease, no matter how low the chances are, and forcing my girls to face life without me having their backs for one single second longer than they have to.

Things went fine today.

posted on Jul, 22 2021 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

but if your are 70+ or with preexisting condition then it can be as low as 50/50

This describes me perfectly

Although my blood sugar is managed real well, and quit smoking helped with breathing but the risk is real for somebody like me

Still, without my daughter's urging, I'd have played the waiting game and took the chance. Dying doesn't scare me, not from COVID nor from the shot. Just hope it doesn't hurt anybody else in the process

There are some real concerns with the vaccine. I am not trying to refute that or rain on anybody's hard work of exposing that stuff. Not at all. Just made a personal choice for very personal reasons.

posted on Jul, 22 2021 @ 12:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: bobs_uruncle

originally posted by: litterbaux
a reply to: JBurns

I agree with the above posters. I don't know anyone that had any major side effects. Sore arm and being really tired the next 24 hours is about the usual response I get.

I'm still in the control group. I plan to stay here.

I know 18 dead (18th died within 24 hours of the jab two weeks ago) and two in hospital ICU with jab reactions right now. I know a lot of people though, more haven't go it than have.

Cheers - Dave

lol no you don't

posted on Jul, 22 2021 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: JBurns

It feels better than dying of a preventable disease, no matter how low the chances are, and forcing my girls to face life without me having their backs for one single second longer than they have to.

Things went fine today.

I don't know why people feel that if someone chooses to get the vaccine somehow it is selling out. People don't even understand their fears of it all and just repeat narratives that match their fears to justify them. My favorite is "we don't know what it will do to you in 5 or 10 years" and that is a pretty idiotic statement for something that is basically inert and only in your system a day or two, but for some reason it is going to create havoc with you DNA or whatever lol

People say this while using the pill for birth control, talk about something bad for you, or they eat hotdogs and chicken nuggets their whole life without thinking what is in them...lol

edit on 22-7-2021 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2021 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Oswald

Their house, their rules.

Most people would do anything for there parents, especially in there later years.

But if your convictions are more important than seeing your parents, you do you i suppose.

Just keep in mind that you don't get parents forever.

And time can be a precious commodity where the elderly are concerned.

I take it they are ok, fully vaccinated, and still kicking?

edit on 22-7-2021 by andy06shake because: There. LoL

posted on Jul, 22 2021 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Wow dude still a terrible reason to get a shot that may kill you in the long run. Hows selling out feel? a reply to: JBurns

Things went fine today.

I don't think the vaccine will prevent you from dying of Covid or even prevent Covid... it could vey well be the opposite, your kids could face life without you... because of the vaccine.

But if your an older guy and makes it you feel better, no biggie... I don't think your a sellout. It's your body, your choice.

posted on Jul, 22 2021 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: JusticeIsComing

I agree with the above posters. I don't know anyone that had any major side effects. Sore arm and being really tired the next 24 hours is about the usual response I get.

I know 18 dead (18th died within 24 hours of the jab two weeks ago) and two in hospital ICU with jab reactions right now. I know a lot of people though, more haven't go it than have.

Cheers - Dave

lol no you don't

The statistically odds of 1 person knowing 18 people who have died after getting the shot would necessitate a global vaccine death rate in the millions, or that one being the most prolific and sociable person in history.

If you take all of the people that ever went to a Trump rally, and counted them as being people that Trump had met, I doubt very much that 18 of them have died from the vax.

When you look at the death rates that some of these people attribute to the vax and then extrapolate it, you're talking about an event that's greater than the attrition rate in most war zones. We're talking an even that's equivalent to carpet bombing multiple NFL games. Something like that would be absolutely impossible to cover up. You'd notice all of the social media accounts going dark, people that you see on the train in the morning disappearing, your favorite coffee shop suddenly being short staffed. That many dead would be so great that it undertakers wouldn't remotely be able to keep up.

posted on Jul, 22 2021 @ 12:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: chris_stibrany

originally posted by: nonspecific
That first one is a good answer.

Aside from the fact I have no fear of the vaccines myself and I work on a covid testing unit meaning my chances of infection is possibly greater the main reason I had it is because I want to be one of the guinea pigs.

I'm 44 and at a point in my life where most of the people I care about are either under 25 or over 60.

If there's something that can go wrong I want it to be me and the million's of others like me who are healthy enough to find out and survive but old enough not to lose out on a big happy future.

I'm happy to take a tiny risk for those I love.

a reply to: Trueman

Aren't you compassionate....pat on the back...

Some people are compassionate, some just trying to get by..and some people are just douchebags

posted on Jul, 22 2021 @ 12:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: imitator

Things went fine today.

I don't think the vaccine will prevent you from dying of Covid or even prevent Covid... it could vey well be the opposite, your kids could face life without you... because of the vaccine.

But if your an older guy and makes it you feel better, no biggie... I don't think your a sellout. It's your body, your choice.

If you look at the statistics from the UK they have a significant uptick in the number of cases, but not in the number of deaths. Either they've achieved some kind of herd immunity that's at a level never seen before, or the vaccine is protecting them.

link   
I'm all three.

It keeps my busy but I like it that way.

a reply to: vonclod

link   

originally posted by: vonclod

Aside from the fact I have no fear of the vaccines myself and I work on a covid testing unit meaning my chances of infection is possibly greater the main reason I had it is because I want to be one of the guinea pigs.

I'm 44 and at a point in my life where most of the people I care about are either under 25 or over 60.

If there's something that can go wrong I want it to be me and the million's of others like me who are healthy enough to find out and survive but old enough not to lose out on a big happy future.

Some people are compassionate, some just trying to get by..and some people are just douchebags

You can be all three.

posted on Jul, 22 2021 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: AaarghZombies

Keep in mind that this is ATS were the average poster doesn't understand basic arithmetic let alone capable of doing statistics.

edit on 22-7-2021 by AugustusMasonicus because: Cooking spirits since 2007

posted on Jul, 22 2021 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: AaarghZombies

or it could just be the virus strain has weaken... as it should.

posted on Jul, 22 2021 @ 12:27 PM
link   

I'm all three.

It keeps my busy but I like it that way.

a reply to: vonclod

Ha!! I guess I kinda fit that as well..lol

posted on Jul, 22 2021 @ 12:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: AaarghZombies

originally posted by: vonclod

You can be all three.

No doubt!

posted on Jul, 22 2021 @ 12:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: JusticeIsComing

Cheers - Dave

lol no you don't

Actually I do, it's quite sad actually. We tried to warn them, but after a bit, you just give up.

Cheers - Dave

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join