It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Churches are now pushing what many consider to be the Mark of the Beast

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2021 @ 01:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn
a reply to: BatSars

All churches are not created equal.

We have been warned. Just a few.

2 Thessalonians 2:3 ESV
Let no one deceive you in any way. For that day will not come, unless the rebellion comes first, and the man of lawlessness is revealed, the son of destruction,

2 Timothy 4:3 ESV
For the time is coming when people will not endure sound teaching, but having itching ears they will accumulate for themselves teachers to suit their own passions,

Galatians 1:8-9 ESV
But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach to you a gospel contrary to the one we preached to you, let him be accursed. As we have said before, so now I say again: If anyone is preaching to you a gospel contrary to the one you received, let him be accursed.

John 8:32 ESV
And you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.

You would think a real prophecy would have mentioned a pandemic and a technocratic society in more detail than what you quoted.

posted on Jul, 22 2021 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

I don't think "real prophecy" means to know everything about the future...

If we could see the whole future laid out in front of us, if we had a time machine, we would change things before it happens...

like John Titor... ; )

edit on 46074631pm312021Thu, 22 Jul 2021 13:46:11 -0500 by imitator because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2021 @ 01:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: imitator
a reply to: chr0naut

read the whole verse about the mark.

The mark is not an actual mark... it's the name of the beast or the number of its name. Meaning it can be paper ID or a number like the temperature of your forehead.

King James Bible
And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.

You seemed to have missed verse 16: where it says about the second beast "It also forced all people, great and small, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on their right hands or on their foreheads, "

Note that verse 16 ends with a comma, so verse 17 follows on from that.

It is a mark, it is called so twice in the same sentence.

edit on 22/7/2021 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2021 @ 02:56 PM
link   

I guess we are back to interpretation... of course English shouldn't be used.

BUT, here it is in English... different versions of the Bible, it clearly states what the mark is.

it's a Name or Number:

New International Version
so that they could not buy or sell unless they had the mark, which is the name of the beast or the number of its name.

New Living Translation
And no one could buy or sell anything without that mark, which was either the name of the beast or the number representing his name.

English Standard Version
so that no one can buy or sell unless he has the mark, that is, the name of the beast or the number of its name.

edit on 57075731pm312021Thu, 22 Jul 2021 14:57:31 -0500 by imitator because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2021 @ 05:36 PM
link   
I can't stand idiots that wanna talk "Bible" that never even study it.

PLAINLY PUT, the Mark is a sign of WORSHIP.

But you can not take a Mark, if there is no OBJECT of Worship to idolize, now can you?

“And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads:” Rev. 13:16

So, where is "HE" at?

Who fits "who is like Him? Who is able to make war with Him"?

No one, so cut the crap.

posted on Jul, 22 2021 @ 05:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Chalcedony
a reply to: Raggedyman

Seventh Day Adventists and I think also Jehovah's Witnesses believe that Sunday Law is the mark of the beast. Not 100% sure about Witnesses but I know that is what Seventh Day Adventists believe.

So it is clear that anytime you are getting your information or "interpretation" of the Bible from man not God, you will be led astray.

The bible has justified great slaughter and evil, still does, men like Wesley and King have cried for Christians to love as Jesus commanded
But I guess you think it’s ok to nuke the Middle East?

No, the bible is not what you proclaim, many men have used it to justify great evil
Jesus taught love, compassion, forgiveness and servitude
Why do most churches only serve themselves if they are so biblical grounded

True Christians get their knowledge from other Christians, the bible and the Holy Spirit, from a collective of sources not just one source

So much evil has been done because of poor biblical understanding
Look at this thread with its “many” christians

posted on Jul, 22 2021 @ 06:11 PM
link   

one might take you seriously if you could properly define "evil".

So, can you?

posted on Jul, 22 2021 @ 06:15 PM
link   
a reply to: imitator

like John Titor

That one was interesting the time machine blueprint makes me think i even tried looking for the same computer he used for his thing.

Apparently those such vintage computers like the IBM one are very rare and very expensive.
edit on 22-7-2021 by HawkEyi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2021 @ 06:20 PM
link   
a reply to: BatSars

Satan Himself Created Man's Religions just to Piss GOD Off . WORD .

posted on Jul, 22 2021 @ 06:26 PM
link   
a reply to: schadenfreude

Should I be Stalin or should I be Mother Teresa?
What perspective would you like?

posted on Jul, 22 2021 @ 06:31 PM
link   

neither. just define evil, biblically.

not a trick question.

posted on Jul, 22 2021 @ 08:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: BatSars
www.ky3.com...

Tell me I'm not the only one that sees the irony here. I mean, a lot of people view this shot as the prophesied 'Mark of the Beast' so hearing churches now getting behind this nonsense, and even holding vaccine clinics, is just absolute craziness.

Time to start yanking exemption statuses.

Most likely, just to 'stay in business' so to speak. They're not seeing any other options, just like many businesses. So they're folding under the pressure. Their call. Peace be with them.

posted on Jul, 22 2021 @ 09:48 PM
link   
So when they require a scannable bar code tattoo to allow you into any venue where the public gathers to prove you have had your booster shot number 10 in 2030......
Is that when you will say hey this has gone to far ?

Will we think back and think we should stood up stronger in 2021 ?

TPTB are not stupid they are slow boiling this frog, by the time the general population wakes up we will be too far gone as a society to stop it, and the weakening of organized religion is big part of this.

One thing people need to remember is the Nazi's purged all religious people that stood up to the Reich, this is before WW2 even started. Mark or no mark TPTB need to reduce the power religion has over peoples lives, this has started during Covid even a supreme court judge commented on it.

posted on Jul, 22 2021 @ 10:30 PM
link   

I guess we are back to interpretation... of course English shouldn't be used.

BUT, here it is in English... different versions of the Bible, it clearly states what the mark is.

it's a Name or Number:

New International Version
so that they could not buy or sell unless they had the mark, which is the name of the beast or the number of its name.

New Living Translation
And no one could buy or sell anything without that mark, which was either the name of the beast or the number representing his name.

English Standard Version
so that no one can buy or sell unless he has the mark, that is, the name of the beast or the number of its name.

Just for clarification, the word used, in the original Koine Greek is: charagma

I think it is fairly clear what it means.

posted on Jul, 23 2021 @ 04:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: schadenfreude

neither. just define evil, biblically.

not a trick question.

Evil is subjective
I would prefer to die than suffer demensia
Some people consider that evil
God gave the Hebrews laws and those laws became evil in the way they were enforced by the priests
The question is answered by the motivation as opposed to the outcome

As for a biblical definition, it’s not defined, what is defined is loving someone, how to love others
The bible doesn’t define evil, it is not about defining evil, it’s about loving others

posted on Jul, 24 2021 @ 06:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman
Except maybe it’s just a trial vaccine and you are overreacting
As a Christian I can say comfortably it’s not the mark of the beast
Little bit to much drama

You say a lot of people, can you qualify what a “lot” is?
Please yank your exemption statuses all you like but don’t make up a mindless fallacy to do it

As a Christian, merely stating that it isn't the Mark of the Beast is blasphemy you fool.

This is a huge problem with Christianity is its present day form. You have church goers claiming divine knowledge, saying homos are okay, telling congregations to get vaccines, raping children, the list is endless.

You aren't a Christian. You pay lip service to a God that you know so little about that you feel it's perfectly fine to declare yourself knowledgeable in the plans God has and the times He has prescribed for Biblical events. According to God...NO ONE knows...not even His Son.

I hate you. I hate your kind. You blindly word-vomit some 'intellectual' drivel and expect no one to call you out on it. I'm here. I have. And I await your response so I can continue doing it.

posted on Jul, 24 2021 @ 12:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: BatSars
www.ky3.com...

Tell me I'm not the only one that sees the irony here. I mean, a lot of people view this shot as the prophesied 'Mark of the Beast' so hearing churches now getting behind this nonsense, and even holding vaccine clinics, is just absolute craziness.

Time to start yanking exemption statuses.
It’s confusing until you understand the role that the World Council of Churches has played in corrupting the true teaching of Christ and bringing the faithful to their knees for the One World Govt.
edit on 24-7-2021 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: Auto correct really goof up the meaning

posted on Jul, 24 2021 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue_Jay33

Yep frog slowly boiling and even the little froglets know it’s a slow boil and still they stay in the water because it’s comfy there for now.

posted on Jul, 24 2021 @ 12:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrBuddy

originally posted by: Raggedyman
Except maybe it’s just a trial vaccine and you are overreacting
As a Christian I can say comfortably it’s not the mark of the beast
Little bit to much drama

You say a lot of people, can you qualify what a “lot” is?
Please yank your exemption statuses all you like but don’t make up a mindless fallacy to do it

As a Christian, merely stating that it isn't the Mark of the Beast is blasphemy you fool.

This is a huge problem with Christianity is its present day form. You have church goers claiming divine knowledge, saying homos are okay, telling congregations to get vaccines, raping children, the list is endless.

You aren't a Christian. You pay lip service to a God that you know so little about that you feel it's perfectly fine to declare yourself knowledgeable in the plans God has and the times He has prescribed for Biblical events. According to God...NO ONE knows...not even His Son.

I hate you. I hate your kind. You blindly word-vomit some 'intellectual' drivel and expect no one to call you out on it. I'm here. I have. And I await your response so I can continue doing it.

Well aren’t we just the all-knowing judgemental ones here .... did you get your seminal certification at the hall
Of Secular Humanism?

posted on Jul, 24 2021 @ 12:34 PM
link   

a reply to: TzarChasm

I don't think "real prophecy" means to know everything about the future...

If we could see the whole future laid out in front of us, if we had a time machine, we would change things before it happens...

like John Titor... ; )

Never, at any point in scripture, has the very logical and feasible solution you described ever been executed. Not once. Sci fi plot armor remains science fiction in spite of the very literal godly abilities that were allegedly endowed and used sparingly because "virtue", whereupon Clark Kent never took off the glasses and did something serious with his otherworldly gifts. He gave his life as a journalist, insisting he was a hero but dying like any other man. In the movies Superman saw Lois succumb to tragic circumstance and literally flew back in time to prevent her demise. What an incredible display of godly ability (for that era of film making). In the bible Jesus saw his own execution and did absolutely nothing to avert it, because "the glory of the kingdom" or some useless suicidal crap like that. There's no superhuman or divinely inspiring message in that story. None.

edit on 24-7-2021 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join