It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How many of you would pay for a date???

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2022 @ 10:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

To pay for a date?

Isn't that already a business? Dried dates, fresh dates, they're good, but not my favorite fruits (not even sure if they are fruits). I think dates are eaten most in middle-east, Asia, Africa and other similar places.

I certainly wouldn't expect to receive dates for free, but I probably wouldn't pay for them, either, as they're not as good, cheap or available as other fruits that I prefer. But I certainly wouldn't mind if other people buy them, and thus pay for them.

What a strange question to ask.

posted on Jan, 7 2022 @ 10:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: bobs_uruncle

I have an attractive woman, why would I pay for a date when I am already paying to keep this one?

Cheers - Dave

Found the poster who's wife reads his posts!

posted on Jan, 8 2022 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Butterfinger

originally posted by: bobs_uruncle

I have an attractive woman, why would I pay for a date when I am already paying to keep this one?

Cheers - Dave

Found the poster who's wife reads his posts!

Actually no, she doesn't read my posts lol. I'd post pictures of her with celebs at different award shows, but she likes her privacy and anonymity.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Jan, 8 2022 @ 01:07 PM
link   
I guess the good ole days are long gone when all you needed was a strat and long hair.

posted on Jan, 8 2022 @ 08:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
I guess the good ole days are long gone when all you needed was a strat and long hair.

Actually, long or short hair, guitars or not, fast cars or not, make no mistake, you're still paying for it.

Let's say you're married for 10 years and the average salary per year after taxes is $60k. To live good, might cost you 30k per year if you're single. However you take on a wife and now it's costing you the full $60k. Let's say the first year you get laid every day and there is a sliding scale downwards, 2nd year every second day, 3rd every 3rd day, etc...

So the difference in costs over 10 years is $300,000 and you've managed to get your willie wet 1070 times. So, what is our hard cost, no pun intended lol... It's actually about $280.62 per roll in the hay. Now, if every time you have coitus she behaved like a professional, oral sex and full compliment of tricks and skills, then it's money spent with adequate value returned, but if 50% of the time she goes "starfish" on you, well, kinda would have been better to invest in a professional.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Jan, 8 2022 @ 09:11 PM
link   
There are some really interesting perspectives / responses on this thread. Some of you make some excellent points!

My original intent with the OP was to sort of highlight the importance some people place on stroking their vanity. In the ensuing (4) pages, some of you have brought up lines of thinking I never really considered. I'm always open to new thoughts and ideas, so many thanks for that!

I found the financial breakdown analysis particularly interesting!!! Never thought about it that way before!

Carry on, I just thought I'd pop in and say how much I am enjoying the discussion(s).

P.S. No, this thread was not about buying dates, as in the fruit...sorry to disappoint! LOL!
edit on 1/8/2022 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2022 @ 12:11 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join