It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lost my Mama today

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2021 @ 06:44 PM
link   
a reply to: DrumsRfun

I am in the same boat as you, I lost my mom in January.
I don't think I am handling it nearly as well as you.

I'm not handling it well. I'm going to run out of tears pretty soon...

posted on Jul, 19 2021 @ 06:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

originally posted by: americanbuffalo1
a reply to: JAGStorm

My condolences and prayers. I know exactly how you feel. I lost my wife to cancer 11 months ago after she fought for 7 years. And yesterday, my birthday of all days, I lost my father. It was peaceful and they immediate family was with him.
So my heart goes out to you JAG!

I talked to a friend about this. This happened to her. She told me it is a superstition that It is actually a great great honor to have a loved one pass on your birthday. It shows a lot of love.
It is important not to be sad on your birthday but cherish it that much more. Easier said than done.

I found the symmetry to be fitting. We rarely got along early in life but the past 20 years we were very close. I do feel honored in a bizarre way.
Again my deepest condolences for your loss.

posted on Jul, 19 2021 @ 06:47 PM
link   

That is another part of it when there are no other elders, and your and your generation take up that designation....it is an odd thing.
I think it also make you feel more mortal.
And alone in the world.

posted on Jul, 19 2021 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Sending love your way.

posted on Jul, 19 2021 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Condoleances.
Any death is hard.
A parent even more so.

No words can cover for your loss.
Focus on the best memories.

posted on Jul, 19 2021 @ 07:09 PM
link   

JAG, my deepest heartfelt condolences to you during these trying times. I've asked God to shower His love over your heart and soul to lessen your hurt. Once the doldrums of this lessen, yours and your loved ones lives will only get much better.
Many prayers and good deep thoughts to you!
NightFlight

posted on Jul, 19 2021 @ 07:12 PM
link   

I'm so sorry for your loss, JAG.
Stay strong and remember the good times with your folks.

I lost my dad 4 years ago and my mom 9 years ago. I dream about them all the time. Sometimes 2-3 times a week.

posted on Jul, 19 2021 @ 07:30 PM
link   

I’m sure your mother was, and still is deeply cherished. Just like you are on ATS, JAG.

First round is one me.

posted on Jul, 19 2021 @ 07:31 PM
link   

You have my deepest sympathies.

posted on Jul, 19 2021 @ 07:32 PM
link   

I am so sorry to hear of your parent's passing.

I too have lost my mother and other loved ones (my wife recently) and there are no words to describe what you are going through.

I take comfort in this poem some days. There are a lot of versions of it bouncing around the internet, but I prefer the original.

Do not stand at my grave and weep
I am not there; I do not sleep.

I am a thousand winds that blow,
I am the diamond glints on snow,

I am the sun on ripened grain,
I am the gentle autumn rain.

When you awaken in the morning's hush
I am the swift uplifting rush

Of quiet birds in circled flight.
I am the soft stars that shine at night.

Do not stand at my grave and cry,
I am not there; I did not die.

May you bear your grief with strength and dignity.

~Huggz~

posted on Jul, 19 2021 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Apologies and condolences for the recent loss of your Mother and your Father (last month) Jag.

May you find peace that they no longer are in pain or suffering the woes of this Earth.

Stay Healthy and Safe!
Johnny

edit on 7/20/2021 by JohnnyAnonymous because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2021 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Dear Jag, I remember several times when I shared in ATS difficult moments I went through and you were there for me, with support and wise words.

Today is my turn to be with you, even if I have no wise words to offer. I am right here my good friend.

posted on Jul, 19 2021 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Good luck sorting things and terribly sorry for your loss. I wish the best for you and your family.

posted on Jul, 19 2021 @ 08:05 PM
link   

I'm sorry, JAG, for the pain of your Mom's passing. I think I feel a resolve from you, in that they are now together, and complete and your parents are balanced. They have traded skin for energies IMVHO, but are no less real and corporeal than before. I believe that my loved ones that have gone before me are on a different vibrational plane, and thus we can't easily communicate as we did before. I imagine you have felt them both. That sounds comforting.

I hope you are in a space where you can take time to grieve, but also feel the joy of your collective lives and just have some you time. Much peace friend

posted on Jul, 19 2021 @ 08:08 PM
link   
So sorry for your loss. Prayers for peace and healing. I lost my mother back in 2015. It's tough I know.

posted on Jul, 19 2021 @ 08:14 PM
link   
a reply to: argentus

I believe that my loved ones that have gone before me are on a different vibrational plane, and thus we can't easily communicate as we did before.

I believe in an after life so much more so than many. My problem right now is a selfish one. I love them so much and miss them. I will miss the many many talks. I did not get along with my mom as a child or teen, absolutely did not get along. As an adult I realized her childhood traumas and forgave her for everything and we became best friends. A part of me died today too…….

posted on Jul, 19 2021 @ 08:23 PM
link   

I'm really, really sorry and can only offer my most heartfelt condolences. Surreal, as you said, is what is keeping you planted and that's important for yourself, your family and your beloved parents, who I'm sure are now together and in peace. I believe family and loved ones who have passed forevermore remain vigilant over us... I hope you find solace if you think the same.

Stay strong, take care and never lose faith.

Enzo

posted on Jul, 19 2021 @ 08:25 PM
link   
My condolences. May peace find your soul soon.

I am sorry for your loss. I am sorry for the pain the last months you have had.

Sleep. Hydrate

posted on Jul, 19 2021 @ 08:28 PM
link   
a reply to: TheAlleghenyGentleman

Your avatar makes me hungry for chihuahua

(Sorry trying to give some laughs)

posted on Jul, 19 2021 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Im sorry to hear of your loss. I too, was with my mom right up until the end. I used to hold her hand, and sing softly to her during my visits with her. She had pneumonia at the end, and I told her we did not want her to suffer anymore. I told her to go ahead and go to her Lord and savior. She had been a strong Christian all her adult life, taking care of single mothers, missionaries, the needy, the rejected and homeless. She had invested her time and treasures into those less fortunate, and I knew she would be just fine in the after life.

After telling her to go to her savior, I left. They checked on her 15 minutes after I left and she had passed. Im convinced that she left as I did late that night. I still miss her, as she was my best friend in life, and was always there for me. A real life coach and cheerleader, and a very strong woman, from humble beginnings. I draw comfort from her deep faith. I have her Bibles with all of her notes, and underlined scripture. Sometimes its as if she is speaking to me as I read them, which I do every night. I also have her cookbooks. They too are filled with notes, comments, and newspaper clippings, dating back to the 60's. I wish you comfort during this great loss.

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join