It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

People will need vaccine to enter nightclubs and crowded venues from October

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2021 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

I'd be interested in that thread.

Seems pretty peculiar how the the powers that be feel so threatened by the plebs being able to meet unrestricted. As I understand it, pubs and nightclubs are extremely culturally important in the UK.

posted on Jul, 21 2021 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

Pubs were at the very heart of UK society and nightclubs were the breeding ground for the many sub-cultures that have come from the UK.

Pubs were the one place where people met, had a bit of relief from the rigours of their work and home life.
People played various pub games, engaged in the UK's favourite national pastime of 'taking the piss' and of curse commenting on news, current events and whichever group of arseholes were in Downing Street at the time.

Every single government from Thatcher onwards has systematically attacked the UK's pub culture with unprecedented numbers of pubs closing.
The heartbeat of countless communities have disappeared and with it the community spirit that was once so strong in those areas.

Nightclubs were ostensibly where people went for a drink when the pubs shut or for a dance or even some live music etc.
The Beatles cut their teeth in nightclubs as did The Stones and most of the other bands of that type back then.
And it was where like minded people met and talked about the 'new ideas' which in turn spread into many artistic fields and society in general.
These people pushed the accepted norm and challenged authority.

The same can be said of the Mod scene that followed, then the hippies and glam.
Punk would never have taken off to such an extent if it hadn't been for Louise's.

The influence of the Jamaican clubs in the UK can not be understated and there has been an enormous amount of cross-fertilisation.

Almost every other British sub-culture has been intrinsically linked to nightclubs.....and nearly every single British sub-culture has challenged authority and the status quo in at least one way or another.

Over the years I've started writing a couple of threads on UK sub-cultures and the counterculture movement.
Pub and club life has played a huge part in them.
Their origins go further back than many realise and have played a massive part in the development of UK culture and society.

But to be honest, its a very long and complicated subject and to do it the justice it deserves it shouldn't be done without going into the depth it both deserves and needs.
There are some incredibly controversial elements and my personal take on things may not be to everyone's liking - not that that has ever bothered me.
And it would certainly challenge site T&C's.

Maybe one day.

But for the purposes of this thread I think its fair to say that there has been a concerted effort by successive governments to alter and change the UK's pub and club culture.
And they seem to be using this pandemic as an opportunity to further that agenda along.

posted on Jul, 21 2021 @ 03:39 PM
link   

I imagined as much.

I've been hearing about it quite a bit for some months now. To me, the coffee house filled the roles that pubs filled for you. Debates, open mics, poetry readings, plays, live music, art shows, etc, and all of it fueled on caffeine.

Not much of that exists here now either. Certainly not any venue where the free exchange of ideas would be tolerated, or even more to the point, attempted.

posted on Jul, 21 2021 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

Because that's where the free exchange of ideas really takes place, and ideas that may prove dangerous to the PTB's might take root in fertile ground.

I can recall, sometimes with great difficulty, many a conversation about anything/everything under the sun, over drinks and a bar game of some sort--cribbage, usually, for some odd reason, as I'm not very good.

Churches play much the same role, though for a slightly different crowd--those were closed, too. ...and in this increasingly secular society, I would expect attacks on those to continue, if not increase.

That coupled with increasing levels of surveillance, both public and online...well, you probably get the picture.

posted on Jul, 21 2021 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: rikgrimsby
Sounds Like 666 to me......

posted on Jul, 21 2021 @ 04:59 PM
link   

That would be a great thread.

It's been a thorn in the side of government for quite a while.
Stonehenge, Castlemorton, No Repetitive Beats....

Every decent club in my area from Northern Soul, Reggae, Punk and Rave has been shut down. It's as if the local authority just don't want anyone having any fun. You would think they would appreciate the income it brought in and, since people came from miles around, the prestige of having a high profile club in the area.
It's pretty much a dead town at the moment. Big name superstores but half empty high streets.

Something that bothers me is that the younger generation being forced to have papers to go to approved venues might just accept that as the way it is now.
In my day we were fairly reckless but our own little raves never got out of hand. We did have the odd visit from the police but I never got my records confiscated and the guys who ran the sound system still have it (as far as I know).

Non of us are active on that scene anymore and the last big festival I went to was a commercial impersonation of what a festival used to be and I didn't enjoy it much. There's been some smaller ones that were cool but I'd hate to see it all trail off and youngsters just funnelled into some joyless, orderly "club-lite" because that's the approved new passport only entertainment allowed.

Once accepted, this passport thing will expand into every part of their lives and everything will be limited and over organised and regimented beyond any idea of spontaneous enjoyment and that will be a crying shame.

posted on Jul, 21 2021 @ 05:14 PM
link   
What about all the other diseasesI/infections? Some of have been around a longer.
edit on 21-7-2021 by Proto88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2021 @ 05:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Proto88
What about all the other diseasesI/infections? Some of have been around a longer.

They'll be added once covid passports become the norm.
These things always, always expand beyond their intended purpose.
Before you know it, every detail of your life will be accessible to whoever decides what you can or can't do.

posted on Jul, 21 2021 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Tulpa

Yea, next thing you know, be burned at the stake,or funeral pyre, in eternal sterilization.

posted on Jul, 21 2021 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Awrite big yin

Aye I couldnt agree more with your posts in this thread especially about pub and clubs in the Uk

I too would like to see you thread on that subject.

pubs and clubs like you said are where free ideas happen , it was the coffee houses of Edinburgh that was the seats of the enlightenment in Scotland. So they are extremely important to the development of our societies

also never mind the fact that people actually have FUN in these places , something that everyone needs
and they have attempted to curtail our freedoms and entry into these shared spaces.

In my opinion club and pub cultures will just start going underground again , its back to the woods and basements, cellars , underground car parks and arches of rail lines.

posted on Jul, 22 2021 @ 08:38 AM
link   

No one is saying you're lesser of a person if you don't want to get vaccinated.

But what makes you think someone wants to stand next to you breathing your COVID jetstream air for three solid hours at a public venue. This is no different than smoking vs non-smoking establishments.

posted on Jul, 22 2021 @ 08:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: JusticeIsComing

But what makes you think someone wants to stand next to you breathing your COVID jetstream air for three solid hours at a public venue. This is no different than smoking vs non-smoking establishments.

If you are double vaxxex then why would you be worried? If you are so afraid of life and interactions with people maybe you should stay home and let the rest of us get on with our lives.

posted on Jul, 22 2021 @ 11:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: RMFX1

If you are double vaxxex then why would you be worried? If you are so afraid of life and interactions with people maybe you should stay home and let the rest of us get on with our lives.

Why should someone be forced to sit next to you since you're the one who is increasing everyone's risk in that venue? Why should someone risk contracting the virus from you, be asymptomatic themselves, but then take it home to an immuno compromised family member? Why should a restaurant be forced to expose their employees and wait staff to you? You're welcome to go to a restaurant that lets anyone in. Nobody is saying you have to get the vaccine. No one is saying you have to get the polio vaccine either. They should stop vaccinating for polio in your county. Save that stock for countries that actually want it.

(post by RMFX1 removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jul, 22 2021 @ 01:50 PM
link   

a reply to: JusticeIsComing

(SNIP of actioned content)

You're not forced to go to a restaurant that requires its patrons to be vaccinated. There are plenty of venues that do not require any sort of immunization. Who is being selfish again? I'm so confused.

edit on 23-7-2021 by Ahabstar because: Removed quote of removed post

posted on Jul, 22 2021 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Depends which country you are in.
Here in UK no venue can allow any unvaccinated into their establishments as from end of September. If they do, they'll get fined, and the unvaccinated will spend time in jail/a fine.
Or that might be France....the heat here is getting to me.

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Jul, 22 2021 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: angelchemuel
Depends which country you are in.
Here in UK no venue can allow any unvaccinated into their establishments as from end of September. If they do, they'll get fined, and the unvaccinated will spend time in jail/a fine.
Or that might be France....the heat here is getting to me.

Rainbows
Jane

Well... that's awkward and unfortunate considering it's only been approved for emergency use.

But not totally unheard of either. For everyone else on the thread, this may come as a shocking and otherwise overwhelming surprise but there are entire countries... literally entire countries... that require you to be vaccinated for specific things prior to entering.

SOURCE: www.who.int...

Those no good selfish ...[checks notes to see what RMFX1 called us] ... (SNIP), was it?

edit on 23-7-2021 by Ahabstar because: Removed offensive content

posted on Jul, 22 2021 @ 02:10 PM
link   

But not totally unheard of either. For everyone else on the thread, this may come as a shocking and otherwise overwhelming surprise but there are entire countries... literally entire countries... that require you to be vaccinated for specific things prior to entering.

Yes like if you go somewhere exotic you would need a hepatitis vaccine. But like you mention these covid vaccines had being approved for approved for emergency use.

With some side effects that i am not willing to be a guinea pig. It seems that a unpopular govt in France wants everyone to be vaccinated with a approved for approved for emergency use vaccine.

If some are scared even in this mid 2021. Why bother on traveling and wasting money during a crisis?

edit on 22-7-2021 by HawkEyi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2021 @ 02:10 PM
link   

You're not forced to sit next to anyone. Like I said, if you are so afraid then stay at home and stop being a selfish cuck.

You're not forced to go to a restaurant that requires its patrons to be vaccinated. There are plenty of venues that do not require any sort of immunization. Who is being selfish again? I'm so confused.

I'm not forced to go anywhere you're correct but, wherever I do go I do not go demanding that everyone else present is obliged to follow my idea of what's safe and what's not. You can't say that. You're scared, stay (SNIP) and stay home.

edit on 23-7-2021 by Ahabstar because: Removed offensive content

posted on Jul, 22 2021 @ 02:45 PM
link   

You're not forced to sit next to anyone. Like I said, if you are so afraid then stay at home and stop being a selfish cuck.

I'm not forced to go anywhere you're correct but, wherever I do go I do not go demanding that everyone else present is obliged to follow my idea of what's safe and what's not. You can't say that. You're scared, stay cucked and stay home.

Yes. That's exactly what you're doing. That's 100% exactly what you're doing by saying everyone should follow your idea of what's safe and what's not.
edit on 7/22/21 by JusticeIsComing because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join