It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

USA, NATO and EU to blame China for cyberattack on Microsoft Exchange Servers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2021 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Say a prayer for all those USA white hats who work INTEL out there. same goes for whats left of our politicians. I mean money talks regardless of whom one worships.

I tossed this into the WWIII Forum as we have been under siege for some time. I mean "they" own our media and what seems to be most in government along with the WHO and the UN. In brief as the tea leaves begin to dry out as time moves on it does appears that its USA, NATO and whats left of the EU versus China, Russia, Iran and Kid Rocketman.

So where does it go from here? Lest just say that at the end of the day even President Obama doesn't want his kids under a Cartel or some refined Communist economy. Why I bring him up is because hes the armchair quarterback for Joe Biden. He doesn't dictate but I am sure he presents several options and its up to Joe to choose one wisely.

Last year it was perceived that our Poultry Industry was attacked by Malware. Possibly from a country near Russia. So, did they attempt to damage the USA food chain prior to the Chinese fire drill over there in Wuhan?

Possibly

But now we have this?

U.S., NATO and EU to blame China for cyberattack on Microsoft Exchange servers

WASHINGTON — A new joint effort made up of NATO member states, the European Union, Australia, New Zealand and Japan is coming together to confront the global threat posed by Chinese state-sponsored cyberattacks. In its first action on Monday, the countries will publicly blame China’s Ministry of State Security for a massive cyberattack on Microsoft Exchange email servers earlier this year. The attack was carried out by criminal contract hackers working for the MSS who also engage in cyber-enabled extortion, cryptojacking and ransomware, the official said.

Well, its been on for several years now but now its really on. Seems that our friends havent learned much from 1000's of years of history. I don't think that ET likes them either.

Game on brothers
edit on 19-7-2021 by Waterglass because: typo

posted on Jul, 19 2021 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Waterglass

Only took them since 2004 to say or do anything about it. I know it's been going on longer than back to 2004, but that's when the first official report to the public came out from Mandiant about APT 1 which is PLA Unit 61398. There's been a lot going on behind the scenes since then, but now we're finally getting into overt territory. Took long enough.

Edit: My mistake it was 2013 when the report was released. Got my dates wrong somehow.
edit on 7/19/21 by Hypntick because: Fixed reply

posted on Jul, 19 2021 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Waterglass

You're against calling out China ?

NATO member states, the European Union, Australia, New Zealand and Japan is coming together to confront the global threat posed by Chinese state-sponsored cyberattacks.

Cooperation is a good thing.

posted on Jul, 19 2021 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Hm strange how just two days before and since when WEF has conducted their cyber threat trials, there's attacks happening on critical infrastructure and the media is on them like never before.

posted on Jul, 19 2021 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: ThatDamnDuckAgain

Part of that reason is the fact that others did not always have a duty to disclose a breach. When the Solarwinds attack happened there was a brief of the Senate Intel Committee, it had representation from; Mandiant, Crowdstrike, Microsoft, and Solarwinds.

One of the questions that was asked was how to move forward and possibly combat these continual breaches, which have been happening in some capacity since I started my career over a decade ago. The almost unanimous response (Crowdstrike being the dissenter) was that companies should not be shamed in regards to a breach, that there should be legal protections there for those who did do all they could and still had a breach.

A lot of entities took notice of this and have started reporting breaches as they happen, rather than waiting until regulatory or legal requirements made them do so, or just never reporting at all because there was no requirement in place. So what you're seeing now may look conveniently timed, but if all of the breaches that have occured over the last decade or so had been disclosed you'd have the same concern 10+ years ago. This has been going on for a while.

Edit: Amazon was also invited to the party due to their AWS infrastructure, they declined to join in.
edit on 7/19/21 by Hypntick because: Additional info

posted on Jul, 19 2021 @ 05:34 PM
link   
This thread needs more exposure.

posted on Jul, 20 2021 @ 03:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Hypntick

Amazon was also invited to the party due to their AWS infrastructure, they declined to join in.

Hardly surprising given the vast amount of goods "made in China" that Amazon sells, also their own IT infrastructure most likely is made, for the most part, in China too. They'd probably go out of business rather quickly if a full trade ban or major sanctions came into effect against China and it's suppliers of goods to the western world.
Given the huge investments at stake by major corporate entities and financial backers to corporations like Amazon, and the money they make, they are hardly likely to participate in any meaningful sanctions and would prefer to quietly lobby against it and use their considerable clout (and probably blackmail of politicians) to make sure it doesn't happen.

Of course, Amazon are not the only western corporation who have benefitted greatly from moving production and even development to China, slashing overheads (pay, conditions etc) and thus maximising profits. No doubt they would be looking for taxpayer handouts to move operations back to the US mainland again, rather than having to dip into their own offshored cash stashes to finance such an operation.

Anyhoos... I digress!

Is this the same attack that Micro$oft said was set up using Israeli developed malware?

www.cnbc.com...

Microsoft placed the blame for malware that attackers have used in recent attacks on a private-sector organization in Israel, which university researchers say is named Candiru.

Guess you can't trust anyone these days!

top topics

join