It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has the Moon being acting Strange lately?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2021 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: OneBigMonkeyToo
I can recommend SkyMap you can use the phone to look through the display, have the stars and other information augmented over the real picture. It needs location / GPS to be turned on for that moment though.

posted on Jul, 18 2021 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: HawkEyi

I really enjoy gazing at the moon and gathering my energy from it
hah

The moon is right on course as always. It’s so full of mystery, I’m really drawn to it. I’m not an expert by any means on the moon. I just gaze and try to follow it to full so I can howl at it

Here’s one of my fave moon pics I took.

This has no filter on it, I used a flash. This was taken with a canon power shot sx540 hs. It was during the strawberry full moon I got this one.

edit on 18-7-2021 by CrazyBlueCat because: ..

posted on Jul, 18 2021 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: CrazyBlueCat
Bright blessings during this time of the maiden

Your post struck me like thunder and was a blessing to read, how fitting!

That illuminates your avatar into a very different light!

edit on 18.7.2021 by ThatDamnDuckAgain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2021 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

motive one might have had to even assume that the moon even COULD ACT STRANGELY.

The moon may not act strangely but it sure can make people do so. That’s where we get the term LUNAtics from... there’s some fascinating facts about how the moon influences life on earth but I don’t have the time to get into it, would make a good thread though.

posted on Jul, 18 2021 @ 04:02 PM
link   

I wouldn’t know…
I swear it’s rained every night for the last six weeks

posted on Jul, 18 2021 @ 05:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: ThatDamnDuckAgain
Bright blessings during this time of the maiden

Your post struck me like thunder and was a blessing to read, how fitting!

That illuminates your avatar into a very different light!

Nice!!
That put a smile on my face.

The moon is so cool and I’ve been trying to figure out how to resize a few diff pics so I can change them out for my avatar. One is that moon I posted

posted on Jul, 18 2021 @ 05:13 PM
link   

The only explanation : That wasn't the moon.

posted on Jul, 18 2021 @ 06:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: ThatDamnDuckAgain
Not that I noticed. We just passed 1/4 or 1. quarter moon phase(translation error?) yesterday night. That means we are right into growing gibbous (translation?) moon on our way to a full moon.

This moon is called hay moon because normally around this time of the year, hay get's prepared, evidently by FCD's 25 ton thread. It also has different names:

- deer moon, because male deer start to grow their new antlers around this time.
- plant moon, because this time of the year many plant's and fruit are becoming ready to harves.
- thunder moon, because this time of the year we often have thunderstorms

Interesting info about the moon! I've never heard of those moon nicknames (hay, deer, plant, thunder)

Curious why you questioned your translation... what is your native language? BTW, your translations were spot on.

posted on Jul, 18 2021 @ 06:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: surfer_soul
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

motive one might have had to even assume that the moon even COULD ACT STRANGELY.

The moon may not act strangely but it sure can make people do so. That’s where we get the term LUNAtics from... there’s some fascinating facts about how the moon influences life on earth but I don’t have the time to get into it, would make a good thread though.

Every teacher I worked with thru the years would agree we could see the impact of a full moon on a classroom full of kids. You either roll with it and incorporate some increased activity/movement into your lessons, or prepare to have a really frustrating day!

Also, pretty sure it's a fact that more babies are born on the full moon than any other phase.

posted on Jul, 18 2021 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Niburu
Planet X
Comet Atlas

posted on Jul, 18 2021 @ 09:58 PM
link   

My camera isnt the best to take photos of the moon but i did take some. Very Nice shot!
edit on 18-7-2021 by HawkEyi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2021 @ 03:57 AM
link   
a reply to: new_here
I questioned my translation because while I looked up the words, I saw that there are English names like "buck moon", what would translate to "deer moon" but I wasn't sure if buck and deer are the same.

Then I wasn't unsure about the growing moon terms in English. I am from Germany, I speak German and I can read the old languages and letters too. They are partly very old scriptures, some norse input too.

The reason why I know these names is that my mother, I know today, was of Pagan and Wiccan faith. It's hard to describe because paganism is very old and widespread while wiccan ideas are fairly young, intertwining with paganism ideas about nature. To sumarize, she wasn't following a set religion but let herself be guided by spirit and nature.

She had some very impressing skills and only time after time I remember certain rituals. The difference in her mindset that set her off from witchcraft is hard to explain. I don't want to speak in absolutes about other's faith but unlike witchcraft, where spells and rituals are performed as are curses (bad), wiccan concentrates on positive spiritual energy in harmony with nature.

For a short moment I though CrazyBlueCat, because of her knowledge about moon names and her hat in the avatar, that she knows about wiccan concepts, because the moon phases play an important role, as do equinoxes.

You may have heard about planting plants on full moon are healthier and such. I believe that whatever mechanism it is, it's there. The beautiful thing is once you understood, nature will tell you so much. I don't do potions for others or curses, I work with positive energy and I am mindful about who receives it. Because over time I learned to not even push positive energy on others, if I notice someone in need I will ask for permission.

That was kind of a long and offtipic post but it's the first time I admit to pagan and wiccan faith like thought structures and I know how that's perceived here. As a teen I already liked the concept of a female-male spiritual energy field or god, but not as a single entity but an energy like field. Time after time I discovered my natural ideas are in line with some pagan and wiccan ideas, together with what my mother did, it is very attractive and lovely kind of living for me.

I grew into it without knowing it, maybe it's in my DNA or blood, who knows?

posted on Jul, 19 2021 @ 05:17 AM
link   
After reading my post I noticed that I messed up twice with double negation and also it's the NEW moon, not the full moon where you remove old plants and or seed out new. On full moon you can get very active plant parts as they are in full juice.

It's not a rule for all plants, there are derivations that have to be noticed by observation.

Sorry for the offtopic but I found it important to correct and did not want to edit it, to not confuse others after the fact.

posted on Jul, 19 2021 @ 06:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: new_here
Every teacher I worked with thru the years would agree we could see the impact of a full moon on a classroom full of kids. You either roll with it and incorporate some increased activity/movement into your lessons, or prepare to have a really frustrating day!

Also, pretty sure it's a fact that more babies are born on the full moon than any other phase.

That's an interesting observation. I checked because I never bothered to look. The year, day, hour and minute I was born, it was a 99% fresh new moon, not visible, complete black.

I've been influenced by full moons too, even before I got aware of the importance of the moon cycles. It wouldn't matter if I knew or if the room was complete dark, often found out after the fact. Since I began to look deeper into it's importance, this kind of vanished, just didn't pop up in my mind again.

www.moonpage.com...

edit on 19.7.2021 by ThatDamnDuckAgain because: year..

posted on Jul, 19 2021 @ 11:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: HawkEyi
Whats up with the Moon?

Not sure if this right sub forum but i have being taking images of the moon for the past few months while we had quite a nice few days without overcast.
While some people were keeping distracted with their mobile devices i was looking at the stars and skies during the lockdowns and the last few months.

Has anyone noticed how the Moon had behaving strangely lately? how should i put this the moon had being moving in strange directions.

Sometimes i can take pictures of the moon early in the morning.

LOL you have just never watched the moon before, you should get out more it's behaving normally it is you who are now behaving normally too!

posted on Jul, 20 2021 @ 07:35 AM
link   
The Moon is in a different position relative to the sun and background stars every day during the lunar cycle. During that 28-ish day cycle, it will make a gradual but full circle from near the sun (as the two appear in the sky), then away from the sun, and then back again on the other side of the sun.

A thin-crescent Moon (either an old waning moon or a young waxing moon) will always be nearer to the Sun in the sky. So an old moon will be rising soon before sunrise and a young moon will me setting soon after sunset. But in both cases when the sun is high in the sky the glare of the daytime sun will likely drown the moon out.

A full moon is in a position opposite from the sun's location in the sky and is typically rising in the east approximately the same time as the sun is setting in the west. Similarly, the full moon is setting in the west at approximately the same time the Sun is rising in the east. A not-yet-full moon can be seen rising in the east during the late afternoon before sunset.

A quarter-moon (when we can see about half of the side facing us) or a waxing gibbous is more likely to be seen during the mid-day because it is neither near the sun in the sky nor on the opposite side from the sun. It can be up high in the sky at about the same time the sun is high in the sky, but relatively far enough in sky from the glare of the sun to be clearly visible during the day.

edit on 7/20/2021 by Soylent Green Is People because: typo -- "waxing", not "waking"

posted on Sep, 9 2021 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Ia reply to: HawkEyi - I haven't seen the moon at all during clear skies in 2 weeks.

posted on Nov, 11 2021 @ 06:45 AM
link   
I'm moon and I do my own thing up there.

posted on Nov, 11 2021 @ 07:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: LearnWithoutFear
Ia reply to: HawkEyi - I haven't seen the moon at all during clear skies in 2 weeks.

Last week was a new moon, so for a few days before that it was only a small crescent up during the day and setting before sunset. And for a few days after that it was a small crescent setting early in the evening just after sunset. The past few nights have been the first time this cycle that it was up in the later evening (it set about 10:30 PM last night, Nov. 10; the night before that it set about 9:20 PM).

I saw it during the afternoon yesterday (Nov, 10), but it was relatively low in the sky -- it rose at about 1 o'clock in the afternoon yesterday. I saw it at last night relatively high in the sky when I was taking my garbage out at about 7:00 PM.

By the way, an older and younger moon (such as the cycle we have been in for the past week+) will be lower in the sky (closer to the horizon) during the late fall/winter. By "older or younger" I mean the time before and after the new moon. It is lower in the sky during that part of its phase in the winter because the older/younger moon is closer to the sun in the sky. And since the sun is lower on the horizon in the winter, so is the Moon at this point in its cycle. (and not to confuse the issue, but it will be higher in the sky in the late fall/winter when it's closer to the full moon stage, because it will be more opposite the sun).

It was a little higher in the sky last night since it has been trailing the Sun a bit more as the moon waxes towards becoming more full, and it should be more visible (even higher in the sky at night) this week if skies are clear, with moonset being several hours after sunset.

edit on 11/11/2021 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2021 @ 08:00 AM
link   

No.

I'm outside nearly every night for radio reasons that lead to smokeable reasons later on. Both stone cold sober, and not, and I can't back ya azz up at all.

In other words...no, no other words, it's just in your head.
edit on 11/11/2021 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join