It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We need a grass roots movement to facilitate voting, fairly, legally.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2021 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

Yes because they is exactly the same as the horrendously tough task of getting off of your lazy ass, waiting in line, and placing your vote.

Nice try though, lol

posted on Jul, 18 2021 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

While this doesn't strictly help with access to voting, I think the removal of political party affiliation would be a big step in the right direction. Now you're no longer voting for a party, you'll have to research a candidate and see what their proposals are, what their past experiences have been, and make an informed decision based on how well your ideals align.

As for fixing the ID issue, helping folks become aware of the programs that are already in place to help those without ID gain access to one would be very beneficial. TV, radio, internet, billboards, all aimed at pointing the people in the state they live in at the existing ways in place already. Every state that I'm aware of has initiatives in place to provide government issued identification, they make it really easy as well with multiple means of contact, and some even provide financial assistance as well as transportation to obtain identification.

Enact the legislation that requires identification and promote the programs already in place to obtain identification, it's really quite simple.
edit on 7/18/21 by Hypntick because: Typo

posted on Jul, 18 2021 @ 01:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: Trueman
We don't have elections.

For now, how can we help the people of Cuba get rid of their equivalents of our AOC, Omar, Pelosi, Biden, Roberts, CNN, etc..?

Ummm…well…The Cuban people certainly don’t want those individuals sent there…I mean…with the possible exception of Guantanamo Bay perhaps…

How else to…ahem…get rid of them…?

YouSir

posted on Jul, 18 2021 @ 01:51 PM
link   

So we need to let people (who are unable to navigate the complexities of the voting system) how to get to the polls, how to get their vote heard

That program has been in place for decades now in the big cities where they bus their constituent class from one polling place to another on election day and at the same time provide them with drinks and a bucket of lunch.

posted on Jul, 18 2021 @ 01:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: MRinder

Lol if voting is overwhelming for you, going to Walmart and trying to check out must bring you near death.

Based on your posts, I will pay you not to vote.

Ummm…poor fella…sounds like there a veritable Chasm…betwixt the Tzar…and his ability to navigate the voting system…

If he only knew that voting is always held on the..sixth…Tuesday in November…

YouSir

posted on Jul, 18 2021 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS

So we need to let people (who are unable to navigate the complexities of the voting system) how to get to the polls, how to get their vote heard

That program has been in place for decades now in the big cities where they bus their constituent class from one polling place to another on election day and at the same time provide them with drinks and a bucket of lunch.

Ummm…I know…and with a crisp $20.00 for every vote…the dems have up lifted tens of thousands of their greater unwashed…out of poverty…and into affluence…

Will the humanitarianism..never cease….?

YouSir

posted on Jul, 18 2021 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Why elections at all?

Representative Officials were needed in the horse and buggy days when spreading information enough to have an informed vote was limited to a small location. Today, we have the technology for everyone to be informed and to make informed decisions on various issues. All tabulated, decided and displayed within moments of the vote. Best of all people could participate out of civic duty in these votes for free, without expense, transportation, residential and staffing accounts.

Whole process streamlined, lower cost, and bette self determination for the future. What could be better than that? We can end the gerrymandering of districts by ending districts. One county. One vote. One state. One vote. That way is a bill comes up relaxing gun controls Cook County Illinois (Chicago) can vote no while all the other counties overrides them. And Illinois stays yes and votes for the Constitution and all American people instead of beat dogs under the heel of a bunch of Commie pantywaists and Beetlejuice.

I like this idea. Especial because it ends the need for Beetlejuice and Nancy and even old Joe.

posted on Jul, 18 2021 @ 03:37 PM
link   
People are too greedy to trust a few "representatives" to control everyone else.
We need an entirely new way of governing.
The riggers in this country are running it into the ground.
Get rid of the dumba$$ politicians.
Voting is a complete joke.

posted on Jul, 18 2021 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: Trueman
We don't have elections.

For now, how can we help the people of Cuba get rid of their equivalents of our AOC, Omar, Pelosi, Biden, Roberts, CNN, etc..?

Answering with a question. How America helped other rebels forces and revolutions ?

But Biden won't.

posted on Jul, 18 2021 @ 04:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

originally posted by: network dude
a reply to: olaru12

And so my snark doesn't get in the way of the goal, I want everyone who wants to vote, to be able to vote, unencumbered.
I also want ALL excuses removed so we can focus on policies and things that matter when it comes to voting. I may be biased, but I can't understand why anyone would oppose that, unless they were trying to control the vote.

Campaigns are all about trying to control the vote and who the candidate will be.

Essentially giving the voter only 2 choices....You call that freedom?

If you can't fathom consistent integrity, you may think you live in a world that's against you, but it's not. Maybe one day.

posted on Jul, 18 2021 @ 05:13 PM
link   

And so my snark doesn't get in the way of the goal, I want everyone who wants to vote, to be able to vote, unencumbered.
I also want ALL excuses removed so we can focus on policies and things that matter when it comes to voting. I may be biased, but I can't understand why anyone would oppose that, unless they were trying to control the vote.

Campaigns are all about trying to control the vote and who the candidate will be.

If you can't fathom consistent integrity, you may think you live in a world that's against you, but it's not. Maybe one day.

That coming from a paranoid, Tucker Hannity, Qanon, Alex Jones devotee with a permanent seat at the whine festival; the irony is delicious. You're not the best person to bring up "consistent integrity" now are you?
edit on 18-7-2021 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2021 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Yes because they is exactly the same as the horrendously tough task of getting off of your lazy ass, waiting in line, and placing your vote.

Nice try though, lol

The idea is to make society feel rewarded by participating in the voting process. Condescending to them achieves the opposite result.

posted on Jul, 18 2021 @ 05:32 PM
link   

What is condescending about the voting proceess? Is it that they don't send someone to your home to hold your hand as you vote and tell you what a good job your doing?

posted on Jul, 18 2021 @ 05:55 PM
link   

What is condescending about the voting proceess? Is it that they don't send someone to your home to hold your hand as you vote and tell you what a good job your doing?

The idea that we should just fracking vote and be grateful and stop expecting some kind of gratification. Generally in business, customers are greeted and appreciated and made to feel welcome because it's encouraging and makes the public feel like they are doing something smart and productive. Nothing about the voting process feels smart or productive. Let's say the door attendant offers you a cold drink or a gift card or a free pair of sunglasses or a selection of bumper stickers. There's never a snack bar, or a job fair, or a raffle game to win a free car, or a radio talk show that interviews random citizens about how they feel so accomplished about doing their civic duty, or anything that makes the process feel like you actually enjoy being part of the event. If you're easily satisfied by waiting in line and just completing the paperwork and getting out as fast as possible (the DMV is quicker) then good for you, but that's not what everyone wants. Democracy should make EVERYONE feel good, and it just doesn't.

posted on Jul, 18 2021 @ 05:58 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Yep. Even the dead got to vote. In some places even more than once.

posted on Jul, 18 2021 @ 06:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm
Am I to understand that you constructed your own computer from scratch using raw materials you mined and refined and manufactured yourself and then built your own electricity generating appliances all so you could post a scathing commentary about how modern society is too lazy?

Am I to assume that you are an idiot. Or have you already proven that by your post?

Take my points Mods. That's about all they are good for anymore.

posted on Jul, 18 2021 @ 06:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Hypntick

I have no problem with removing Party affiliation. In my State that would let anybody vote in the Primary elections.

The ID bit is BS. Right now the Dems want a COVID passport. OK cool. How are all of those people who can't get ID to vote, get a COVID passport? Let's have some real fun, let's issue the COVID passport and make it ID for voting.

posted on Jul, 18 2021 @ 06:35 PM
link   

That coming from a paranoid, Tucker Hannity, Qanon, Alex Jones devotee with a permanent seat at the whine festival; the irony is delicious. You're not the best person to bring up "consistent integrity" now are you?

I suppose that would be on you to prove otherwise. but you got me pegged, 100%

posted on Jul, 18 2021 @ 06:38 PM
link   
a reply to: JIMC5499

oh no you didun

posted on Jul, 18 2021 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Lmfao! Thank you. That's the funniest thing I have read in a while. Maybe they can give us a Happy Ending after we vote . That would make me feel satisfied.

edit on 18-7-2021 by MRinder because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join