It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Skunk Head on Top of the Mailbox

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2021 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Last night I woke up about 3 am to a very strong skunk smell. That is not an unusual thing here., We have wildlife aplenty. Woke up and started my day and the husband went check the mail and came in reporting that there is a perfectly decapitated skunk head with a pool of blood next to it. The mail box is a rocked in “fancy”mailbox about 5.5 feet off the ground with a concrete slab on the top of which the skunk head was placed.

I have recently relocated 3 squirrels(trapped and released to a similar area several miles away). They were invading my upper deck and had to go.

My friends and I are now having a good conversation and laugh that whatever hawk or owl left the skunk head is telling you that those squirrel were on their execution list and how dare you! I also slightly teased my daughter about the skinwalker documentaries she has recently been watching.

Anyway, tell me your thoughts or weird wildlife happenings.😀

Sorry no pics- too gruesome.

posted on Jul, 17 2021 @ 07:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Onlyyouknow

Probably a warning from the squirrel mafia. Not the hawks/owls, but the brothers of the squirrels you kidnapped & relocated.

posted on Jul, 17 2021 @ 07:46 PM
link   
a reply to: BrokenCircles

Oh nooooo. I am in so much trouble….

posted on Jul, 17 2021 @ 07:54 PM
link   

OR maybe you didn't take them far enough, and they found their way back. lol

Of course I honestly wouldn't think they could be capable of such a thing, but regardless, I actually might consider taking them farther away next time.... You never know.

posted on Jul, 17 2021 @ 08:05 PM
link   

So far so good they have not returned , finger crossed. Just maybe my skunk beheader will come to the rescue and have a nice meal. Idk

edit on 17-7-2021 by Onlyyouknow because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2021 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Anyway, tell me your thoughts or weird wildlife happenings.

One nice August night a few years back, I was sleeping with the windows open. (Upstairs bedroom, 2nd floor)
I was awakened about 1:00 AM by some horrible screams and wails. Just took a few seconds to realize it was a cat, or cats.
I thought 2 cats were squaring off to fight. Before long I concluded it was probably just 1 cat. It would be quiet for a while, then let out screams that can best be described as demonic.

Fed up, I went downstairs, looked out the back door, and saw the cat. It was screaming at a large skunk that was foraging around in the back yard. The skunk ignored the cat, and the cat was too scared to get close.

posted on Jul, 17 2021 @ 08:26 PM
link   

I'm afraid I can't help you with any explanation there.

I just had to comment on your title, though.

In the UK a "Skunkhead"* is a very different type of character.
One who consumes large quantities of a particularly aromatic brand of recreational combustible.

It would be no surprise to see one draped over a mailbox.

*see also Pothead.

posted on Jul, 17 2021 @ 08:45 PM
link   
a reply to: ColeYounger

Smart cat for sure. Great story thank you.

posted on Jul, 17 2021 @ 08:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Tulpa

That is good to know lol. My husband works remote with UK people every weekday. I hear all sorts of things while coming and going but, never that one.

posted on Jul, 17 2021 @ 09:01 PM
link   
I had an outdoor cat that hung around that raise three levels of hell one night. I came out to see what was going on and 4 or 5 very juvenile raccoons were having a party and that cat wasn’t invited. Upon seeing me the raccoons got scared and the cat got brave. Together we treed them all and the cat paced the ground for hours daring them to come down.

posted on Jul, 17 2021 @ 09:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar

I love it. What kind/color of cat did you have?
Cats don’t last very long around here; there are a lot of coyotes. I did have a tuxedo cat( black and white) when we first moved here about 18 years ago. She was an inside outside cat and was ruthless. I had to take her to be put to sleep at 19 years old- I still think about her frequently.
edit on 17-7-2021 by Onlyyouknow because: E

posted on Jul, 17 2021 @ 09:35 PM
link   
To test your theory, the best things is to catch the squirrels (the right ones), put them back and see if it happens again or not

Perfectly decapitated? Did you anger some people?

Probably a warning from the squirrel mafia

Last post for today I promised myself.

posted on Jul, 17 2021 @ 09:42 PM
link   
a reply to: ThatDamnDuckAgain

That is hilarious! Thank you……😂

My neighbors are pretty awesome and I really don’t think any of them would go out at 3amish and rip a skunk head off and place it on the top of my mailbox; I guess stranger things have happened though.

posted on Jul, 17 2021 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Black and grey with whorls instead of stripes. Named him Hoover by the way he sucked down cat food. He moped when the raccoons stole his food bowl despite getting another one. Short life as well...car. For a feral cat, he like me holding him. And understood the whole basement thing when it was cold out by coming in a politely walking to the basement door. Never made a peep the whole time until the morning when we got up and only as a reminder to be let out.

posted on Jul, 17 2021 @ 09:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: BrokenCircles

Probably a warning from the squirrel mafia. Not the hawks/owls, but the brothers of the squirrels you kidnapped & relocated.

I concur.

They thought you had an agreement, like Seinfeld.

posted on Jul, 17 2021 @ 09:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar

That is so sweet. I like the name Hoover. My girl was named Ila Itasca( said in the most southern accent you can muster) called her Tassie for short.

posted on Jul, 17 2021 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Post didn’t quote as exp

posted on Jul, 17 2021 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Quote problems

posted on Jul, 17 2021 @ 10:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: MykeNukem

originally posted by: BrokenCircles

I concur.

They thought you had an agreement, like Seinfeld.

One last try here for my response- lol hahaha. I will just show the squirrels the trap with a big peanut butter ball stuffed full of bird seed and then relocation.

posted on Jul, 17 2021 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Sounds like you built a sacrificial platform for the birds of prey. It's a slaughtering table.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join