It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can we just stop already?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2021 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Halfswede

To be fair, I think you said both things.

Well spotted. Yes, I did.

I'm sure you're able to see the difference between the two usages. Vaccines don't stop the spread, but they corral it. Slow it down, also reduce the virus population to bring down the mutation rate so we aren't constantly coping with nasty new surprises.

As more and more people are vaccinated, the loop tightens. At some point the spread stops, or becomes something we can cope with. The virus dies out, or it declines to a level where it ceases to be a serious danger. No more pandemic.

Of course, it may remain in the wild at a low level and keep on mutating (like the flu virus). Viruses are unpredictable. But that's no reason not to give eradication our best shot -- so to speak.

Thank you for bringing this up. It clarifies things.

posted on Jul, 17 2021 @ 11:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: TEOTWAWKIAIFF
a reply to: BlackArrow

Take the jabs and then you have nothing to bitch about!!!

It is not anything anyway!

You can write but you can’t read??
It could very well kill him.

posted on Jul, 17 2021 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: NotGuilty

No eventually it will not die out. It’s a corona virus.they’ve been around for 10,000 years.

I'm sure they've been around longer. But there are lots of different species. You could eradicate cats (Xena, stop looking at me like that) but that doesn't mean all mammals would die out, would it?

And boosters every 6 months?

Quite possibly, if vaccine denialists keep nourishing and cherishing the bloody thing like this.

posted on Jul, 17 2021 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Astyanax

And now, ladies and gentlemen, I think I've dealt with all my correspondence for the moment. Let someone else have a go. I'll return in a day or two, perhaps, and see what's doing. Have a nice thread!

posted on Jul, 17 2021 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Pretty sure that the FDA hasnt approved any yet ???

Only The FDA granted emergency use authorization..

I could be mistaken.....

Riouz

posted on Jul, 17 2021 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Riouz5
Pretty sure emergency use authorization is a type of approval.

Also pretty sure a lot of people realize it is an approval using relaxed requirements.

So, it is riskier but it also isn't like some guy selling you a "cure all" out of the trunk of his car.

posted on Jul, 17 2021 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik

Also pretty sure a lot of people realize it is an approval using relaxed requirements.

So, it is riskier but it also isn't like some guy selling you a "cure all" out of the trunk of his car.

FDA.gov -- EAU explained

when the Secretary of HHS declares that an emergency use authorization is appropriate, FDA may authorize unapproved medical products or unapproved uses

These are still unapproved as noted by the language of the EUA.

I will use the example I gave before: In my state, they will authorize emergency use of unlicensed contractors to perform normally regulated work after a hurricane. This is authorized emergency use of regular people to do the job of licensed contractors. It is legal, and authorized.

This does not in any way make them licensed contractors, nor does it make them appropriately skilled. They might be, or they might not, but there isn't time to worry about it for the people who are at most risk (roof is gone). The ones that are at less risk will wait for the actual licensed contractors.

Inferring that there is an equivalence is a gross mischaracterization.

posted on Jul, 17 2021 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Semantics.

I also didn't say they were equivalent. I said it is understood that it has not gotten full approval but it still got some type of approval.

posted on Jul, 17 2021 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Semantics.

I also didn't say they were equivalent. I said it is understood that it has not gotten full approval but it still got some type of approval.

yeah, I was trying to find the right wording which is why I went with 'an equivalence' vs. equivalent. You did note it was a probable lower-risk. My point, is we have no way of knowing what they mean nor how equivalent they are. It is implied only, but not assured in any way.

posted on Jul, 17 2021 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Don't get me wrong, I understand people that say they might consider taking a covid vax years down the road, after more is known about the long term consequences and even those that say they will never take one but my point is that people act like no testing whatsoever was done before granting that level of approval and, of course, that it is a type of approval.

posted on Jul, 17 2021 @ 03:10 PM
link   
I understand testing and trials where done....

But... Short term and Most definitely Long term side effects are unknown..

Riouz

posted on Jul, 17 2021 @ 03:27 PM
link   

You mean the type of emergency approval that exploits the hysteria of human psychology caught in a complicated decision making process, frantically weighing all of your options while being pressured to do something NOW! Do it right fracking now or your family is dead, think faster you mentally challenged ape, lives are at stake!!

posted on Jul, 17 2021 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm
I don't think so. I mean the ones who granted the emergency approval had data and whatever guidelines are established and they didn't necessarily have the pressure of their family hanging on by a thread.

The video was funny though. "25 thousand was my cut-off"

posted on Jul, 18 2021 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Just get vaccinated already, you conspiraloons crack me up with your claims!!

You do know it’s not just your government pushing vaccines or American medical opinions? Even commies are doing it and some of the most damp liberal countries in Europe.

Seriously 😳

posted on Jul, 18 2021 @ 01:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Forensick

Of course. How else could they get the worldwide population down to 500,000,000?

PS. You are not my doctor. You don’t know my medical history and you should be ashamed.
edit on 18-7-2021 by NotGuilty because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2021 @ 01:15 AM
link   
X2

edit on 18-7-2021 by NotGuilty because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2021 @ 02:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: NotGuilty
Of course. How else could they get the worldwide population down to 500,000,000?

Create a virus that actually killed a lot of people and not look for a vaccine for it.

That seems to be the complete opposite of what is happening.

posted on Jul, 18 2021 @ 08:12 AM
link   
a reply to: BlackArrow

Worry more about the 19,000( reported) US deaths from the vaccines. I think its several times that.

posted on Jul, 18 2021 @ 08:27 AM
link   
The Covid shot protects those that get it not everyone else. Anyone see the article on the NY Yankee players who were vaccinated but were positive for Covid? No symptoms or effects from it but definitely a carrier….and the article double downed and said this is the vaccine working. How is that different than not getting the shot and letting my body fight it?

I have been in 5 contact tracings and quarantined twice. Never tested positive or got sick. I am NOT letting anyone give me a Covid shot. I don’t need it.

www.cnbc.com... VzwggS-N6NTJ_Qav5MpOOeKE

posted on Jul, 18 2021 @ 08:33 AM
link   
How are you aware you’ve been contact traced? Has someone informed you of it or do you utilize other means?

a reply to: wdkirk

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join