It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Air Force to send dozens of F-22 fighter jets to the Pacific amid tensions with China

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2021 @ 06:19 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

I didn't think that you did think it was. Just responding to the bit about it being a pissing match.

posted on Jul, 16 2021 @ 06:26 PM
link   
a reply to: everyone

the russians are good & the china butt i think the u.s is better better because we have all minds of creation here. not just humans but animals & insect & ampibian alike too. like the noah ark of some sort.

i think we good as a species esp. in america

posted on Jul, 16 2021 @ 06:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: putnam6

I didn't think that you did think it was. Just responding to the bit about it being a pissing match.

Got ya, LOL guess I watch ADS too much.

posted on Jul, 16 2021 @ 07:04 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Bingo.

And the only way currently to insure a safe Taiwan straight is to balance Taiwan up vs CCP China, because CCP China is gaining an advantage more and more every day.

posted on Jul, 16 2021 @ 07:12 PM
link   
The Royal Navy Carrier group has recently arrived in the area too.

posted on Jul, 16 2021 @ 07:19 PM
link   
a reply to: biggilo

They're currently in the Indian Ocean working with the Reagan and America right now.

posted on Jul, 16 2021 @ 07:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: Loadstain

Routine deployment. They've had bomber task force deployments to Guam and Europe going on for years. They rotate every few months between Minot and Barksdale for the B-52s, and Dyess and Ellsworth when they send B-1s.

Hey you where the one stating that we should only worry when they would send out B52's and they did. Not me.

And yes it was mention in the excerpt that i posted that this was supposed to be some sort of exercise so i never played this up. I thought it was odd how they telegraphed this before hand and so precisely considering they were sending the biggest and most expensive fleet of Raptors ever and of course considering the fickle situation with China and the rest of the world. I expressed some concern and curiosity in my op.

But sure. Let it be a simple training exercise that got hype up by CNN for whatever reason. I'm great with that even. That's better than some sort of military conflict if you ask me.

edit on America/ChicagovAmerica/ChicagoFri, 16 Jul 2021 19:31:42 -05002120217America/Chicago by everyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2021 @ 07:48 PM
link   

I said watch the tankers and bombers. There's a very valid reason for NKAWTG. But sending bombers out in groups of 4-6 is routine. If something was going on, it would be bombers in significantly larger numbers, and it would be all three types, not just from one base here, or another base there. Four to six B-52s from Guam wouldn't get anywhere near China if they were to kick something off. It would make much more sense to launch them from the US mainland on a strike mission, and recover them in the region, or return them to the US. They also would be sending out tankers in large numbers from all over the country, dragging every type of fighter with the legs to be useful in the region.
edit on 7/16/2021 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2021 @ 09:21 PM
link   
They want CCP to fight now, not in 1 year 5 years 20 years they want to fight now before the advantage is lost

posted on Jul, 16 2021 @ 09:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: biggilo
The Royal Navy Carrier group has recently arrived in the area too.

It’ll get very interesting when the EQ battle group reaches the South China Sea

posted on Jul, 17 2021 @ 07:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

I mistakenly responded to you with that post when that was supposed to be a reply to StratosFear's post.

posted on Jul, 17 2021 @ 03:31 PM
link   

when is china invading Taiwan ?

posted on Jul, 17 2021 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

so if china takes Taiwan what will happen ?

posted on Jul, 17 2021 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Just about everyone is gonna be in the South China Sea this fall

You watch what happens

It’s game time

The rice dicks are gonna run or fight

Either way they lose

posted on Jul, 18 2021 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Ten F-15E Strike Eagles from the 389th Fighter Squadron at Mountain Home, 12 F-22As from the 90th and 525th Fighter Squadrons at Langley, 12 F-22As from the 199th Fighter Squadron at Hickam, and three Minot B-52s, 60-0034 and 60-0060 from the 23rd Bomb Squadron, and 61-0007 from the 69th Bomb Squadron. They're operating from Andersen AFB, Won Pat International Airport, and Northwest Field on Guam, and Tinian International AIrport. They will be supported by C-17A and C-130J aircraft, and perform Agile Combat Employment operations. The B-52s will operate with the Australians for Talisman Saber 21 later.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join