It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yougov manages to flub a secession survey

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Jul, 15 2021 @ 02:03 PM
link   
So I saw this morning that the big "shock" news out of a recent yougov survey regarding secession from the USA is that 2/3rds of southern state Republicans favor seceding from the Union. Yeah, I can't blame them and am not shocked by the results BUT there's a massive "WTF were you thinking?" moment in yougov's methodology.
www.mediaite.com...

Here's the "what were you thinking?" in detail:

Five prospective new unions were constructed (by region) “and inserted the relevant states for respondents into the question wording above. For example, a participant from California in our survey would be asked about joining a new union along with Washington, Oregon, Hawaii, and Alaska,” explains BrightLineWatch. These sets are provided below:

Pacific: California, Washington, Oregon, Hawaii, and Alaska
Mountain: Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, Utah, Colorado, Nevada, Arizona, and New Mexico
South: Texas, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Georgia, Florida, South Carolina, North Carolina, Virginia, Kentucky, and Tennessee
Heartland: Michigan, Ohio, West Virginia, Illinois, Indiana, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Iowa, Missouri, North Dakota, South Dakota, Kansas, and Nebraska
Northeast: Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Connecticut, New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Maryland, Delaware, and the District of Columbia

So that South region, aside from Virginia, are solidly Republican states so a union comprised of only those states would obviously be attractive to the majority of Republicans in said states... the rest of yougov's regions are a cluster possibly designed to yield fractured, blah results to the question of secession. Take my region, "Pacific," for examples. No way in Hell an Alaskan Conservative (or anyone in Washington or Oregon east of the Cascades) would view a scenario of leaving the USA only to join a union with retarded liberal utopia California as a good trade off. We'd be jumping from the frying pan into the fire.

I find the way yougov did this to be very manipulative and ridiculous. Like asking Tina Turner if she'd divorce Ike to marry Mike Tyson... The poll needed a wow factor, and the predictability of a conservative appreciating the idea of being in a nation where Texas' political ethos dominated the day is about as consistent as predicting the sun will rise in the East. If yougov wanted a more accurate survey result, they'd have dropped the regions entirely and just asked "Would you support seceding from the USA?" Even more accurate would have been including breaking up several states like California, Washington, and Oregon... a situation which based on what region of each of those states the respondent is in, yields a clear interest in escaping from the Left coast's la-la land if you're sitting in one of the many inland conservative enclaves who are held hostage by their states' coastline liberal population centers.

At the end of the day, this just reaffirms the fact that the USA is destined for a divorce. It needs to happen as the two parties in this marriage are incompatible and no longer willing or able to pretend we were ever in love or good for each other. The only purpose continuing to kick the can down the road serves is to extend the pain and suffering and make the hatred even deeper... It's just a matter of time at this point.

posted on Jul, 15 2021 @ 02:09 PM
link   
We watched as our Republic is being destroyed.

We let them tell us the Election was fair.

We know it is a lie. What are we going to do about it ?

Nothing...

posted on Jul, 15 2021 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

No kidding! Their so-called Heartland region or whatever ... Let's just say there are at least 2 regions there. East Coasters wouldn't want a thing to do with the real heartland and vice versa.

edit on 15-7-2021 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2021 @ 02:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
Take my region, "Pacific," for examples. No way in Hell an Alaskan Conservative (or anyone in Washington or Oregon east of the Cascades) would view a scenario of leaving the USA only to join a union with retarded liberal utopia California as a good trade off. We'd be jumping from the frying pan into the fire.

Can't you just move to Kentucky in the winter?

posted on Jul, 15 2021 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Could be yet another Democrat PR bulls#t story to smear people into thinking all (R)s are pro separation like the old Civil War Democrats (and the modern Democrats too). Notice lately lots of PR that turns all Democrat faults and guilt around 😃

posted on Jul, 15 2021 @ 02:17 PM
link   
The one thing China, Russia, Iran, North Korea want is for the US to break apart. It's the absolute worse thing we could do.

posted on Jul, 15 2021 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Yep, same situation in that region... no conservative would view leaving the USA only to be dominated by Illinois' liberal politics as a win.

posted on Jul, 15 2021 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

God no. I like actual winter, not whatever slight chill Kentucky calls "winter."

posted on Jul, 15 2021 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Well, I don't think this a workable arrangement either, it assumes everyone falls into one of two buckets. It also doesn't factor that each of those two assumed buckets operating alone creates their own authoritarian dynamic.

edit on 15-7-2021 by AugustusMasonicus because: Cooking spirits since 2007

posted on Jul, 15 2021 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere
We watched as our Republic is being destroyed.

We let them tell us the Election was fair.

We know it is a lie. What are we going to do about it ?

Nothing...

I think something would have been done about all the scams running if half the population were not watching CNN and know nothing but what they have been told.
They don't see it and how do you act when half the nation thinks you are just wanting to overthrow the Gov and bring in your own choice?

posted on Jul, 15 2021 @ 03:19 PM
link   
I would be satisfied with the Yoopers joining up with Wisconsin....go packers.

posted on Jul, 15 2021 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Well, I don't think this a workable arrangement either, it assumes everyone falls into one of two buckets. It also doesn't factor that each of those two assumed buckets operating alone creates their own authoritarian dynamic.

Here's the problem with that too frequently spewed view: It assumes that the two sides are both operating under similar guidelines, goals (control), and heirarchies. THEY DO NOT. The Right (excluding the RINOs) operate under the Constitution and work to conserve the good this nation has operated under and performed... the Left want to modify the Constitution or eliminate parts of it entirely as is convenient to them while purposing to change huge swaths of the nation, particularly the way the nation operates and things it has done well over the years. Let's be honest here, today's traditional Republicans are closer to Libertarians than ever before.

The "GOP is authoritarian" narrative hasn't been accurate in decades... conversely, this world hasn't seen a more dangerous and vile authoritarian party than the liberal progressives of the USA since Hitler's pinnacle in Nazi Germany. The American liberal is the modern embodiment of the Third Reich only with slightly less open genocide.

posted on Jul, 15 2021 @ 03:56 PM
link   
The South: Texas, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Georgia, Florida, South Carolina, North Carolina, Virginia, Kentucky, and Tennessee. Could balance their check book and feed themselves.

posted on Jul, 15 2021 @ 04:07 PM
link   

It may look like they rigged the poll...but i don't think the results are that far off. In Texas, the constant hum of de-annex that has always existed has turned into a sizable roar. Its not just Republic of Texas lunatics who are talking this talk now, and there are folks sitting in elected office in Austin who, at least upon election, supported it.

I can't speak for other states, but would expect about 50/50 on "Texit" if a straw poll was done today.

posted on Jul, 15 2021 @ 04:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nickn3
The South: Texas, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Georgia, Florida, South Carolina, North Carolina, Virginia, Kentucky, and Tennessee. Could balance their check book and feed themselves.

I am not sure about that. Texas woul dlikely fare better on their own. Although we'd be happy to claim the Cajuns...and maybe a few Okie's.

The "south" was razed by the north during reconstruction. If the confederacy tried to revive, its first struggle will be to conquer the issue with manufacturing and industry. There are loads of unused workers throughout the south that would drag down any attempt at forming a union. In other words, Texas just has no interest in places like Mississipi or Kentucky.

posted on Jul, 15 2021 @ 04:19 PM
link   

I completely disagree, the far right is just as bad and authoritarian as the far left. One gives you a religious authoritarian state and the other a cognoscenti authoritarian state. The majority of the country is centrist and isn't interested in fringe politics but instead gets driven there by the vocal wings of both the Democrat and Republican parties.

Frankly all those f***tards should secede themselves to the surface of the sun.

posted on Jul, 15 2021 @ 04:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

I completely disagree, the far right is just as bad and authoritarian as the far left. One gives you a religious authoritarian state and the other a cognoscenti authoritarian state. The majority of the country is centrist and isn't interested in fringe politics but instead gets driven there by the vocal wings of both the Democrat and Republican parties.

Frankly all those f***tards should secede themselves to the surface of the sun.

There isn’t a nickels worth of difference between them.

They take turns ripping us off.

We need all new parties.

Maybe time to start watering that Liberty tree.

posted on Jul, 15 2021 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Ohio is two parts...cities and Ohio. The Cities would join MI and IL, etc...Ohio would join the South and take WV after booting VA (which is also cities and VA) to DC-istan.

Alaska would join the South, except maybe Fairbanks. Colorado would join California as would Phoenix. New Mexico is a different country anyway (if you ever drove a truck you’d know).

Detroit...wouldn’t change one bit no matter where it was. It is pretty much a war torn, third world nation by itself. As for NY, nothing exists beyond the Holland Tunnel so good luck keeping them.

posted on Jul, 15 2021 @ 04:43 PM
link   

All i see is two parties going mad, while calling each other the party of Nazi's or fascists.

I think many people just want a nation that isn't ruled by this left vs right insanity.

Only people who want succession are those who have followed one of the parties down their crazy train.

posted on Jul, 15 2021 @ 05:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ahabstar
Alaska would join the South, except maybe Fairbanks.

Dude, Fairbanks is about as conservative a city as you can find... Anchorage is a coin toss, but the Southcoast region with Juneau and Sitka are very much into the left coast liberal hippie horsecrap.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join