It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Surgeon general warns misinformation an 'urgent threat' to public health

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2021 @ 11:59 AM
link   
The only public threat is the government, and the people who bought what they say. Crappy advertising is crappy.

posted on Jul, 15 2021 @ 12:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: BrokenCircles

originally posted by: network dude

Is there any chance at all, that the natural immunity you get when you have covid and recover from it plays any part at all in the big picture here?

I rarely watch any News Channels, but as far as I know that's still something they never even address, right?

Even if they don't think the answer is 'Yes!", you'd think they would at least be asking that obvious question....

It's hard telling how many of the so-called un-vaccinated people actually did have Covid, but were asymptomatic, and don't even know it.

Makes you wonder what how they made that big jump away for the effectiveness of natural antibody protection, after the big fuss they made about this.

If you have fully recovered from COVID-19, you may be able to help patients currently fighting the infection by donating your plasma. Because you fought the infection, your plasma now contains COVID-19 antibodies. These antibodies provided one way for your immune system to fight the virus when you were sick, so your plasma may be able to be used to help others fight off the disease.
www.fda.gov...

And they still wonder why their credibility is in question, when we can't believe a thing they say?

posted on Jul, 15 2021 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Well we have two things going for us.

1. We are pushing to herd immunity which will be good in preventing mutations
2. The medical treatments have gotten 100x better than what they were 1 year ago, so even if people have a serious reactions they get over it while a year ago they would have died.

posted on Jul, 15 2021 @ 12:34 PM
link   

covid.cdc.gov...-hospital-admissions

Looking at the DATA, and following the SCIENCE, it looks like we are and have been moving towards heard immunity. I'm not a doctor, and may not understand the DATA like a doctor, so if what I see is wrong, please use big words and doctor sounding sentence structure to explain it to me. If you could claim to be a doctor IRL, that would also help your case.

So, seeing that we are on the right path, the vaccinations have stagnated, yet we appear to be dealing with this pretty well, and I hate to sound like a broken record here, but Is there any chance at all, that the natural immunity you get when you have covid and recover from it plays any part at all in the big picture here?

**clears throat and buttons up doctor coat**

Dude, I'mz a fizzishen..., no, er a fictition..., no, a medikal precessianal...ahem...Im'z a doktor, so I knowz what I'z talkin' 'bout. Uuz don' knowz nuttin'! cuz U din't go ta skoolz like i'z did. you gots it allz wong.

Dis videoz show why Uuz wongola...

posted on Jul, 15 2021 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: BrokenCircles

I thought the number one threat in America was racism?

Didn't Joek just invite the U.N. to come and look at how bad racism has gotten?

posted on Jul, 15 2021 @ 01:46 PM
link   

covid.cdc.gov...-hospital-admissions

Looking at the DATA, and following the SCIENCE, it looks like we are and have been moving towards heard immunity. I'm not a doctor, and may not understand the DATA like a doctor, so if what I see is wrong, please use big words and doctor sounding sentence structure to explain it to me. If you could claim to be a doctor IRL, that would also help your case.

So, seeing that we are on the right path, the vaccinations have stagnated, yet we appear to be dealing with this pretty well, and I hate to sound like a broken record here, but Is there any chance at all, that the natural immunity you get when you have covid and recover from it plays any part at all in the big picture here?
I took the vax right at the top of this spike. It was raging in CA and hospitals were most definately struggling to keep up. The hospital ship was ling gone having been ignored by Gov. Gruesome. The mass vax sites here turned things around rather quickly.

posted on Jul, 15 2021 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: beyondknowledge
I find it very disturbing that the government entities that make these announcements are unable to realize that they are sounding much like this.

You are not of the Biden!

Even though the actors of ST:TNG turned out to be whiny SJWs I still love the love the show. I get to see the first five series nightly on H&I.

And these government talking heads do seem to have the persistence of the Borg. No joke. They do not and will not quit as long as they breathe.

posted on Jul, 15 2021 @ 03:24 PM
link   
But, But, look at all the perks of getting vaccinated.

www.bmj.com...

posted on Jul, 15 2021 @ 03:28 PM
link   
An interesting point in that article is that people in the us with little or no healthcare policy could be reluctant to have a jab that could lead to them needing treatment they could not afford?

I would have considered that if I did not live in the UK with nationalised healthcare.

Is it a valid point?

originally posted by: rickymouse
But, But, look at all the perks of getting vaccinated.

www.bmj.com...

posted on Jul, 15 2021 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Interpretation:

'Believe our misinformation, do not do any independent research to fact-check our misinformation - doing so will land you on our list of domestic terrorists'

posted on Jul, 15 2021 @ 04:43 PM
link   

These are the same people that said they wouldn't take a vaccine Trump came out with....only that is exactly what everyone is taking....the vaccines Trump got done.

Odd right?

posted on Jul, 15 2021 @ 11:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

These are the same people that said they wouldn't take a vaccine Trump came out with....only that is exactly what everyone is taking....the vaccines Trump got done.

Odd right?

So true. The liberals were condemning the vaccine when Trump was president and at that time I wasn't so fond of it just like I am now. But the left did a one eighty and now call anyone saying it is not legit misinformation spreaders. If this vaccine does turn out bad, they will again switch and blame it on Trump for creating it.

I am more interested in the science and research and I am not convinced the mRNA vaccines are adequate to be giving to people until there is proper long term testing done. Long term means years, not half a year. The BS that this vaccine is very effective and perfectly safe is misinformation....and my opinion is not political, Trump's administration fast tracked it's development and the Biden Administration is pushing it without it being proven safe enough and they are covering up the side effects of the vaccines and calling it normal for vaccines to cause such events....are they right, has the flu vaccine actually killed and sickened lots of people?

posted on Jul, 17 2021 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Misinformation spread by design with the intent to crack down later because people are divided by the misinformation they provided us.

They need to step back

posted on Jul, 20 2021 @ 06:47 AM
link   
An individual appointed to a position of great authority is telling us there’s misinformation, and only he can and those with the vaccine can tell fact from fiction! 67% of people agree!

posted on Jul, 20 2021 @ 06:48 AM
link   
Yes, but that’s a real apples to oranges sort of deal

a reply to: rickymouse

posted on Dec, 6 2021 @ 01:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

Odd right?

MONEY was set to flow like water with vaccine distribution. Democrat politicians probably found a way to get some of the golden goose's production.

posted on Dec, 6 2021 @ 02:01 AM
link   

I haven't forgotten about this nosnense message from the Biden admin.

It frames misinformation as having hindered vaccination efforts, sown mistrust, caused people to reject public health measures, use unproven treatments, and put lives at risk.

Everyone can remember how well this trust of public health officials went with the swine flu vaccination program in the 80s.

unproven treatments

So Far Joe joe rogan seem to be doing just fine.....

You have city officials, MSM giving out lottery tickets for college/university scholarships just for anyone to take the vaxs. How is that sign of trust?
edit on 6-12-2021 by HawkEyi because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2021 @ 02:07 AM
link   
a reply to: HawkEyi

There was a swine flu epidemic before the 2009 epidemic?

posted on Dec, 27 2021 @ 02:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
It's a ruse to protect the real misinformation from exposure and to make the real misinformation seem more believable 😎

In the Biden administration, the Surgeon General has no authority. Vivek Murthy can't even give a News interview without prior approval from the real boss, Anthony Fauci.

posted on Feb, 18 2022 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: BrokenCircles
Surgeon general warns misinformation an 'urgent threat' to public health

So apparently in his first official advisory under the Biden administration, the Surgeon General has deemed 'misinformation' as the most critical threat to the American public.

Dr. Vivek Murthy's advisory -- the first under the Biden administration -- addresses an epidemic of misinformation and disinformation, and its pernicious impact on public health -- specifically threatening the U.S. response to COVID-19. It frames misinformation as having hindered vaccination efforts, sown mistrust, caused people to reject public health measures, use unproven treatments, prolonged the pandemic and put lives at risk.

One thing I've noticed, anytime there is mention of misinformation, they never seem to address the fact that the official advisories have changed so many times over the past year or so. Didn't much of the alleged misinformation originate with 'them' constantly changing their minds on what is 'best' for the people to do?

Of course, the finger is pointed towards Republicans, and also since this is 2021 after all, we can't forget to mention racism....

The decision to elevate this issue in his first official advisory comes as some Republicans have used the government's coronavirus response and vaccine messaging as a political wedge.

While Murthy doesn't call out by name any of the Republican elected officials who have criticized a distorted interpretation of Biden administration's vaccine push, he does suggest accountable "stakeholders" in the fight against misinformation include public officeholders as important public messengers.

"Misinformation tends to flourish in environments of significant societal division, animosity, and distrust," the advisory says. "Distrust of the health care system due to experiences with racism and other inequities may make it easier for misinformation to spread in some communities. Growing polarization, including in the political sphere, may also contribute to the spread of misinformation."

Mr. Surgeon General also believes that Social Media has not done enough censoring. They need to pick it up a bit.

The advisory also digs into social media platforms as having greatly contributed to the "unprecedented speed and scale" of misinformation's spread and Murthy calls on technology and social media companies to "take more responsibility to stop online spread of health misinformation."

"Health misinformation is an urgent threat to public health. It can cause confusion, sow mistrust, and undermine public health efforts, including our ongoing work to end the COVID-19 pandemic," Murthy said in a statement. "As Surgeon General, my job is to help people stay safe and healthy, and without limiting the spread of health misinformation, American lives are at risk ... tackling this challenge will require an all-of-society approach, but it is critical for the long-term health of our nation."

He then goes on to lay out detailed instructions for what various groups should be doing to help slow down this flood of alleged misinformation.

The advisory lays out how to better identify and avoid sharing health misinformation, engage with the community on the issue and develop local strategies against misinformation.

• Health professionals and health organizations can proactively engage with patients and the public by listening with empathy and correcting misinformation in personalized ways. The advisory suggests using social media and partnering with community groups to get out accurate information.

• Governments can prevent and address misinformation by finding "common ground on difficult questions," increasing investment in research, fact checking and engaging in rumor control. Murthy advised partnering with trusted messengers, using proactive messaging and community engagement strategies. Health teams should identify local misinformation patterns and train public health misinformation researchers.

• Technology platforms can assess benefits and harms of how their products are built and "take responsibility for addressing the harms;" strengthen their monitoring of misinformation and improve transparency; and proactively address information deficits. The companies could also prioritize early detection of misinformation "super-spreaders" or repeat offenders, and amplify trusted messenger, prioritizing protecting health professionals, journalists and others from online harassment.

• Journalists and media organizations can make sure their teams are trained in recognizing, debunking and avoiding amplification of misinformation by carefully reviewing materials that have not been peer reviewed.

• Educators and schools can shore up evidence-based programs that build a "resilience" to misinformation by teaching people how to be more discerning about it and talk to friends and family who are sharing misinformation.

• Foundations can provide training and resources for grantees working in communities that are disproportionately affected by misinformation, including areas with lower vaccine confidence, and monitoring health misinformation across multiple languages.

• Researchers and research institutions can strengthen their monitoring of health questions and concerns, assess the impact that misinformation might be having and tailor interventions to the needs of specific populations, with an understanding of how people are exposed to and affected by misinformation.

They're not gonna stop are they? Do they still think that 70% of Americans being fully vaccinated is achievable?

www.yahoo.com...

February 18, 2022

From the , "Awe.. Too Bad" File.

Dr. Vivek Murthy, the flame-throwing, panic-inducing Surgeon General of the United States, and his entire family, test positive for Covid-19.

Surgeon General Vivek Murthy and family test positive for Covid.

“Our safety measures reduce risk but they can’t eliminate risk. Nothing can,” Murthy wrote.
More at: www.nbcnews.com...

For those who don't remember, Dr. Murthy said those who didn't believe what he, the CDC, and Fauci said about Covid-19 being very dangerous and lethal, were mentally unbalanced.

This is the "Doctor" who (supposedly) let 10 people in his family die of Covid-19. Yes...TEN.

After that, Vivek Murthy should have resigned as Surgeon General, and returned to Medical School for refresher courses.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join