It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

mysterious array of bright lights just appeared on the space station

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2021 @ 06:20 AM
link   
news.google.com...

Had not seen this posted so I will do my best at a thread. The under over of the short article/video is just what the title says. The livestream of the ISS showed what looked to be Starlink but if starlink dropped some lsd. And it appears some folks are worried about it.

I am not overly concerned about some potential alien invasion. In fact I wouldnt be shocked at all. And if we are lucky they are here to abduct all the corrupt officials and give the old probey probe. Then send em back. I bet a lot of those politicians would be more humble and ready to serve the constituents. But I joke, I joke.

On a serious note, I see it as one of two things. It's either a secret project(corporate or government, it's hard to tell these days) or its aliens. The fear the e.t. tptb have been pumping appears to be working. The false alien theory seems to be getting closer.

Anyone care to throw their 2 cents in or could I.D. these lights better that this bumpkin can.

posted on Jul, 15 2021 @ 06:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Woodswatcher

In the article you posted, they quote the Reddit user who posted the lights as saying they're squid fishing lights or city lights reflected off ofnthe ISS, and they even go into qhy the camera picks them up.

Could be aliens, but that seems plausible.

posted on Jul, 15 2021 @ 07:10 AM
link   
I read that as well, but that seemed highly implausible. I have commercial fisherman in my family. Not squid but blue crab, trawler and long line. Last I knew they used glow sticks. Not different colored grid pattern lights. And if they are talking about deck lights, they aren't that bright. I was helping do that stuff 20 years ago. Things may have changed since then.
City lights may be plausible, I'm sure you've seen the "glow" over a city at night from a distance, of you're out in the country. And some of those big a** spotlights used in Vegas and some Southeast Asian cities might hit space but at the same time wouldnt there be restrictions to lights like that due to pilot safety. If those "high powered" lasers and christmas lights that were blinding pilots that were in the headlines a few years ago would have done away with that. The pattern seemed odd though also.
Do you think its said fishing lights or something else?
a reply to: Atsbhct

posted on Jul, 15 2021 @ 07:18 AM
link   
I would go with fishing lights because its the most plausible explanation.

What type of fishing i dont know but thats not exactly pertinent.

posted on Jul, 15 2021 @ 07:25 AM
link   
I'm undecided myself. Certainly was a cool little light show. The thought of space is utterly horrifying to me. I won't even get on an airplane. But I bet those folks on the ISS and the craft see some cool sh*t.

a reply to: SecretKnowledge

posted on Jul, 15 2021 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Look like we can rule out UFO Orbs on this one. There's no varied movement one would expect to find if they were in a similar flight formation. Also the lights really vary in output showing them quite far apart assuming they were orbs and that's another reason to dismiss them as not real orbs, with a standard fly by they would usually be exhibiting same or similar light output and not so distant as would be the case with this output.

posted on Jul, 15 2021 @ 07:45 AM
link   

A lot has changed in 20 years. A lot of squid fishing boats use 1000 watt led lights now.

I don't think it's aliens.

posted on Jul, 15 2021 @ 08:07 AM
link   

one way to know for sure ( fairly) is to find out where over the earth the station was. if over one of the oceans where squid fishing is concentrated. plus different type of fish, marine animals respond to different color lights.

it is very possible here is a shot over thailand.

link to aricle,

The mass of white lights to the east shows Thailand’s capital Bangkok, its city streets abuzz with nocturnal activity. But the green lights dotted to the south of the city, in the Gulf of Thailand, and to the west, in the Andaman Sea, are something rather different. These lights reveal the position of many hundreds of fishing boats, which use huge banks of green LED lights to attract plankton and small fish to the sea surface. The lured fish act as attractive bait for the prime target – squid.
Night fishing with light-up lures that can be seen from space

posted on Jul, 15 2021 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Looks like Starlink is a possibility to me. They are lower than the ISS. They would look like that from end on in their orbit. We have known video from the ground but from near their orbit, they would look like a cluster of lights. We need more information on where the ISS was in orbit to figure this out.

I am dissapointed that they did not suddenly appear like title implies, they just drift into view. I was expecting them to just suddenly be there like turning on a light.

posted on Jul, 15 2021 @ 10:32 AM
link   

The original artical gives the source as the space station "live stream".

Did anyone here also see it "live"?

posted on Jul, 15 2021 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Anyone think it's true about the 18th? I don't.
I haven't seen any live footage. Seems too suspicious being this close to the 4th of July.
edit on 15-7-2021 by Rekrul because: Added extra lines of text

posted on Jul, 15 2021 @ 11:25 AM
link   
To me that’s clearly not the earth it’s space, there are clear constant stars in the background

I mean where’s the evidence the camera is earth looking? Which camera took the video?

posted on Jul, 15 2021 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Did anyone save the live streams of the ISS? That link kind of seems like click bait.

posted on Jul, 15 2021 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Atsbhct

Nobody should trust anything from reddit.

posted on Jul, 15 2021 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: TritonTaranis

To me that’s clearly not the earth it’s space, there are clear constant stars in the background

if you look at the "stars" they never move. ISS is moving, so the position of the star should be moving as ISS moves. they stay right where they are.

so to me it's either,

it's what the one poster on reddit said, lens artifacts.

starlink which flies just a tad higher than ISS and should not be bunched together any more unless there was a launch the same day, and besides my understanding they don't bunch like that they form a straight line before they spread out.

or it's fake, but seeing how it's was live and more than one person saw it i rule that one out.

posted on Jul, 15 2021 @ 02:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Woodswatcher
I read that as well, but that seemed highly implausible. I have commercial fisherman in my family. Not squid but blue crab, trawler and long line. Last I knew they used glow sticks. Not different colored grid pattern lights. And if they are talking about deck lights, they aren't that bright. I was helping do that stuff 20 years ago. Things may have changed since then.
They do not use anything like glow sticks for squid fishing so you sound completely out of touch.

Here's a photo from the International Space Station from 6 years ago of fishing lights, so it's quite plausible.

Fishing boats seen from space look like a galaxy on Earth

None of the city lights in this image of in South America are as massive as the squid fishing lights off the east coast near the southern tip:

Something Fishy in the Atlantic Night

About 300 to 500 kilometers (200 to 300 miles) offshore, a city of light appeared in the middle of the South Atlantic Ocean. There are no human settlements there, nor fires or gas wells. But there are an awful lot of fishing boats.

Here's just one fishing boat. They can carry over 100 lamps for as much as 300 KW of light per boat.

Squid boats can carry more than a hundred of these lamps, generating as much as 300 kilowatts of light per boat.

edit on 2021715 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on Jul, 15 2021 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Arbitrageur

Isn't the real story here that squid fishing fleets throw more light than some cities?

300kw per boat is awesome, I can't imagine the effect this has on wildlife in the ocean.

I had no idea this goes on. Like the garbage patch in the Pacific it's unknown to ordinary worker bees like me. Sorry but that's how it is.

Sounds ludicrous but one day we might see squid sold as being 'wild and caught without the benefit of artificial light'.

Shame on us for needing to trick our prey like this

posted on Jul, 15 2021 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Doxanoxa

Isn't the real story here that squid fishing fleets throw more light than some cities?
Yes 300 KW is a huge amount of power, and given the efficiency of LEDs, the light output is staggering.

300kw per boat is awesome, I can't imagine the effect this has on wildlife in the ocean.

I had no idea this goes on. Like the garbage patch in the Pacific it's unknown to ordinary worker bees like me. Sorry but that's how it is.

Sounds ludicrous but one day we might see squid sold as being 'wild and caught without the benefit of artificial light'.

Shame on us for needing to trick our prey like this
I have wondered if any kind of squid evolution is going on to deal with this. Like we use antibiotics that kills most bacteria but a few survive and then reproduce into an antibiotic resistant super-strain that's not easily killed by antibiotics. We know that happens.

So do some squid lag in following their prey up to the bright lights? Maybe some small percentage of squid have an aversion to the bright lights, so they don't follow their prey to the lights like the rest, and they don't get caught by the fishermen. So, could light-averse squid which don't get caught be favored in reproducing more and then this fishing method will ultimately become less successful? I don't know the answer to that, it's something I've wondered about. It still seems to work for now but it might take quite a few generations for evolution to respond significantly.

edit on 2021715 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on Jul, 15 2021 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Looks exactly like oil field lights.

posted on Jul, 15 2021 @ 05:08 PM
link   

www.medicalnewstoday.com...

Squids are probably as smart as dogs (see the article), so in addition to the very valid Darwin logic, I wonder if they will get a tad upset at the treatment and turn on the hunters.

Far fetched? May be, may be not. We accept if we pollute the planet, nature will react adversely. How long before squids see a bright light and react to it as a threat, and perhaps attack it.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join