It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proof that Voter ID Laws do NOT favor white people over black people. Not much anyway.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2021 @ 11:40 PM
link   
This site gives a graph of wine and liquor purchasing rate for each race/ethnicity.

www.statista.com...

While it is true that white people buy more wine than anybody else, black, hispanic, and asian people each buy more liquor. (Beer is, unfortunately not mentioned, so I can't give a good statistic for that.)

This site gives you statistics on smoking.

www.lung.org...

Black are actually just slightly more likely than white people to be smokers.

How is this relevant?

Well, how are they buying all that liquor if they don't have an ID?

posted on Jul, 15 2021 @ 12:03 AM
link   
a reply to: bloodymarvelous

Statistics are racist and so is the math involved in calculating them.

Let's just get that out of the way early.

posted on Jul, 15 2021 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Imagine being so damn racist that you’d believe black people are somehow ‘less capable’ of obtaining an ID

posted on Jul, 15 2021 @ 12:09 AM
link   

I thought the reason blacks bought more liquor than whites was because there's a liquor store on every corner in the ghetto. (At least that's what I heard in a movie..... maybe 'Juice'?)

If they did show the stats for beer, I'd bet that white rednecks would be #1.

edit on 7/15/21 by BrokenCircles because: *movie*.... not move

posted on Jul, 15 2021 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Everyone who buys alcohol has to have an ID. I saw Superman shopping in a liquor store in Atlanta a few years ago. He had to show ID. Even gods must show ID, I was Pan at the time.

Having ID is not a problem.
edit on 7 15 2021 by beyondknowledge because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2021 @ 12:38 AM
link   
If someone high-up in the Democratic party would have the guts to explain WHY Democrats are against Voter-ID requirements, conversations like the one we're having would go away.

One brave high-ranking (preferably Black) Democrat telling THE TRUTH, would make all the difference in the world.

posted on Jul, 15 2021 @ 02:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: bloodymarvelous

This site gives a graph of wine and liquor purchasing rate for each race/ethnicity.

www.statista.com...

While it is true that white people buy more wine than anybody else, black, hispanic, and asian people each buy more liquor. (Beer is, unfortunately not mentioned, so I can't give a good statistic for that.)

www.lung.org...

How is this relevant?

That's a poor choice of example. Yes, people buy liquor for others all the time, including for minors. They buy it for parties, they buy it for others who can't get out, etc, etc.

ALSO (and I kid you not) there's more liquor stores than there are polling places.

Same for buying cigarettes - you can get them at most drug stores and grocery stores. If you could vote at every single grocery store and drug store, then you might have a point.

posted on Jul, 15 2021 @ 09:09 AM
link   
That's a poor choice of example. Yes, people buy liquor for others all the time, including for minors. They buy it for parties, they buy it for others who can't get out, etc, etc.

ALSO (and I kid you not) there's more liquor stores than there are polling places.

Same for buying cigarettes - you can get them at most drug stores and grocery stores. If you could vote at every single grocery store and drug store, then you might have a point.

My dude you just explained what is wrong with the voting system. People buy other people liquor and cigarettes because it may be illegal for them to obtain themselves. Just like how other people are voting for others because they are not legally allowed to do so themselves

posted on Jul, 15 2021 @ 09:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

Add additional polling stations, not sure what's stopping that from happening other than the fact it costs money to do so. Looking at my county alone they show 99 locations, 10 of which are new. So maybe they are following the more locations philosophy which is just fine. ID should still be a requirement, it is for pretty much everything else.

Edit: with the additional locations that comes out to one polling location for every 1,419 people in the county based on voting age demographic estimates. I don't think that's a massive burden per location, last time I voted they had 20 kiosks going at a time.
edit on 7/15/21 by Hypntick because: Additional info

posted on Jul, 15 2021 @ 09:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Byrd

originally posted by: bloodymarvelous

www.statista.com...

www.lung.org...

How is this relevant?

Why would the fact that there are less polling places than liquor/convenience stores be any sort of detraction against using ID verification at all polling places? If anything, having fewer polling places would make the logistics, equipment requirements, etc of ID verification easier to manage. This is not a very compelling counter-point to the OP's example.

posted on Jul, 15 2021 @ 10:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Goneaway435

My dude you just explained what is wrong with the voting system. People buy other people liquor and cigarettes because it may be illegal for them to obtain themselves. Just like how other people are voting for others because they are not legally allowed to do so themselves

It's very difficult for that to happen.

I'm speaking from experience, as an elections judge with over 5 years experience running polling places. I encourage you to contact your county elections department and tell them you want to work an elections as a clerk.

You will see for yourself how things are handled. Always do the investigation in person -- not by snooping but by actually getting in and doing the work.

posted on Jul, 15 2021 @ 10:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: SleeperHasAwakened

Why would the fact that there are less polling places than liquor/convenience stores be any sort of detraction against using ID verification at all polling places? If anything, having fewer polling places would make the logistics, equipment requirements, etc of ID verification easier to manage. This is not a very compelling counter-point to the OP's example.

It turns things into a nightmare (speaking as someone who worked an election here in Texas where they closed a lot of polling stations.)

Many people can't get off work to vote (and can't take vacation/leave time), so they have to vote early (if they can) or come in at the end of the day (assuming they work 8-5) and wait. There were several elderly and disabled people in that line who had been waiting a long time (you may not think much of that, but if you ever develop chronic pain or personal health issues I feel certain that you will change your mind about standing in line for hours to vote.)

In the election I worked where they removed polling places, we were jammed all day. When 7 o'clock (polls close) came around, I had 100 people in line waiting to vote. I brought them into the school gym (we held the vote in a gym) and then my clerks and I processed voters until 11pm. We were exhausted. I sent the clerks home and worked till 1:30 am to get the station closed and print tallies and then went with the cops to help another judge who had been similarly overrun so that he could get the data collected and to the elections commission.

If we'd had those extra places open, we could have processed more voters.

As to the verification... the database for voter verification is loaded into each clerk's machine before election day. Instant verification. If there's a question, I call (phone) to the central database to confirm or deny.

With more polling places open, we get faster results and more people are able to vote. Same with unrestricted early voting... it helps everyone.

posted on Jul, 15 2021 @ 10:46 AM
link   

LOL....people from 3rd world countries with nothing are somehow able to figure out how to get to the US from thousands of miles away, yet our minorities can't figure out how to get a ID and folks in rural areas can't figure out how to photocopy stuff.

It's laughable.

posted on Jul, 15 2021 @ 11:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Goneaway435

It's very difficult for that to happen.

I'm speaking from experience, as an elections judge with over 5 years experience running polling places. I encourage you to contact your county elections department and tell them you want to work an elections as a clerk.

You will see for yourself how things are handled. Always do the investigation in person -- not by snooping but by actually getting in and doing the work.

Difficult yes, impossible no. I guess those drop boxes in the middle of nowhere don’t count.

posted on Jul, 15 2021 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Complaining about voter suppression but 2020 has a record voter turnout go figure 😃

posted on Jul, 15 2021 @ 11:26 AM
link   
I would have to walk about three hours one way to get to my polling location if I walked. It is physically the closest polling location. Seems not to be as spread out in the cities. I have a hard time believing many so called “disenfranchisements” are racially targeted, including ID laws. Especially given the over abundance of early voting drives that overwhelmingly favor a particular party or race by exclusionary practices. No free rides to early voting out here. Or Election Day polling for that matter.

On a scale of 1 to 10, voter ID laws are about a negative 87 on exclusionary tactics. Want to talk about same day registration and voting policies?

posted on Jul, 15 2021 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Many people can't get off work to vote (and can't take vacation/leave time), so they have to vote early (if they can) or come in at the end of the day (assuming they work 8-5) and wait. There were several elderly and disabled people in that line who had been waiting a long time (you may not think much of that, but if you ever develop chronic pain or personal health issues I feel certain that you will change your mind about standing in line for hours to vote.)

Seems like closing polling stations would increase the percentage of black voters, then.

(When you consider that white people outnumber black people 5 to 1, dividing the number of white recipients by 5 gives you 343,015 .... just the best statistic I could find for welfare recipiency.)

It would certainly increase the overall percentage of democrat votes.

edit on 15-7-2021 by bloodymarvelous because: shorten

posted on Jul, 16 2021 @ 07:51 AM
link   

What does any of that have to do with requiring ID to vote?

posted on Jul, 17 2021 @ 08:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tekner

What does any of that have to do with requiring ID to vote?

He's trying to explain why minorities, like me are too inferior to get identification.

Don't interupt, i REALLY want him to continue explaining this....

edit on 17-7-2021 by CrawlingChaos because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join