It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Elusive glass octopus spotted in the remote Pacific Ocean - Stunningly Beautiful

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2021 @ 08:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: CrazeeWorld777
a reply to: Encia22

I've had thoughts about these creatures being Alien life and if they could walk, would most likely be more intelligent than humans!

Slowly, but surely, they're getting there!

posted on Jul, 14 2021 @ 08:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

That's a cool creature , seems Nature saved its best for the deep sea environment , the video is like a glimpse at an alien landscape that could be replicated on a number of our Solar System's Moons.

Exactly! If anything can survive and flourish in an inhospitably freezing, pitch black and highly pressurised environment here on Earth, why can't it also occur in similar condition on other planets.

Actually, come to think of it, in my youth I worked in those exact same conditions managing the frozen food dept. in Sainsbury!

posted on Jul, 14 2021 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Makes me wonder what part of evolution made it transparent? And Why? Especially almost 2 miles below the surface....thats nuts and awesome!

posted on Jul, 14 2021 @ 08:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Ravenwatcher

Spectacular! I'd love to see a Mimic Octopus in real lfe.

I get the impression that octopuses have a great sense of play and possibly even capricious. Their curiosity is like that of a child.

edit on 14/7/2021 by Encia22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2021 @ 09:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

Makes me wonder what part of evolution made it transparent? And Why? Especially almost 2 miles below the surface....thats nuts and awesome!

Yep, I wondered the same thing. I've come to the conclusion that the pigmentation of their skin (and of other transparent marine creatures) was lost over time as camouflage makes no difference in a pitch black environment. However, evolving into a single tonality, say black or white, could still make them vulnerable to predators with some form of "night vision", for want of a better term.

So, my logic is that being transparent makes the creatures simply blend in with the water; there wouldn't be any delineation between skin and water. It's a shame those internal organs are still visible. Maybe Nature, in her frugal wisdom, did just enough to make them safe.

posted on Jul, 15 2021 @ 12:29 AM
link   

I don't even remember ever eating octopus,

I’ve had both, I don’t like squid but I do like octopus.
I also agree I don’t see them on the same level!

posted on Jul, 15 2021 @ 01:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

I don't even remember ever eating octopus,

I’ve had both, I don’t like squid but I do like octopus.
I also agree I don’t see them on the same level!

Let's just hope they don't evolve enough that we end up on their menu.

Oh, wait... there's already the legendary Kraken!

posted on Jul, 15 2021 @ 03:29 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jul, 17 2021 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Encia22

originally posted by: CrazeeWorld777

I've had thoughts about these creatures being Alien life and if they could walk, would most likely be more intelligent than humans!

Slowly, but surely, they're getting there!

thanks for the vid... Interesting!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join