It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some questionable CDC hurricane preparedness tips

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2021 @ 09:54 AM
link   
So for the most part I use my computer to play games, look at memes, listen to audiobooks during the day, and browse a few forums at most. Was doing my morning routine of looking at a few meme pages just to see what others have up and stumbled across a very interesting picture. Memes being memes I was curious to see if it was an actual thing.

CDC Hurricane Preparedness

So there are 8 specific tips listed on that page, 7 of them make perfect sense, the 8th however is highly questionable, especially given the fact that it's the second tip listed.

Get a COVID-19 vaccine as soon as you can. COVID-19 vaccines help protect you from getting sick or severely ill with COVID-19 and may also help protect people around you.

Considering those states that are most likely to be impacted by a hurricane are those that are the most reluctant to take the jab something tells me this recommendation will be ignored. Why does a virus with such a low rate of death or complication in the overall population rate so high when it comes to hurricane preparedness? Good grief.

Edit: Also forgot to mention when you Google "Hurricane preparedness tips" this is the first listing that shows up, gotta love how Google makes that the most relevant result.
edit on 7/13/21 by Hypntick because: Additional info

posted on Jul, 13 2021 @ 10:02 AM
link   
CDC and weather preparidness? Does NOAA have a vaccination recomendation? Just asking.
edit on 7 13 2021 by beyondknowledge because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2021 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: beyondknowledge

Amusingly enough NOAA has a link for hurricane preparedness during Covid 19, it redirects to the CDC site. None of the other sites that I've found have that tied together. Kinda interesting to me at least.
edit on 7/13/21 by Hypntick because: Additional info

posted on Jul, 13 2021 @ 10:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Hypntick

I wonder what the timeframe and percentage of jabbed are they are trying to achieve.

And when the second experiment will be beginning....

If...and I hope it doesn't happen...a hurricane brings destruction to an American city this summer, will there be Covid talk overshadowing the conversations about the hurricane. Will there be a Covid task force to "aid" those affected by the hurricane with jabbers in hand?

I have to admit, I'm surprised. I was expecting the car companies to offer exclusive deals to those who took the jab. I was for sure thinking the vaccinated were going to get all kinds of perks and freebies by now, besides jelly donuts and scratch tickets.

But it's still early in the game, so...
edit on 05/30/2021 by EdisonintheFM because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2021 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Earthquakes get no vaccine love?

posted on Jul, 13 2021 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: loam

They're placing their bets on a sure thing.

Earthquakes are no threat, except to Chicken Littles in America, but hurricanes are more likely to cause chaos.

link   

If a hurricane was coming the last thing I'd be thinking about is if I remembered to pack my mask.

link   

After a quick search, apparently the jab is not one of the recommendations to prepare for an earthquake.

As EdisontheFM mentioned, I also hope this doesn't overshadow if a community is impacted by an adverse force of nature event. However I imagine that there will be groups lined up to identify vaccinated vs not and either urging or outright forcing it on to those who would receive aid in that situation.

posted on Jul, 13 2021 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Picture this:
Your town,your home,are completely destroyed during a hurricane.
Officials direct you to a shelter for survivors.
First question you are asked is your vaccination status.
Will this be a hindrance to you and your family receiving shelter and services after a disaster? Count on it.

posted on Jul, 13 2021 @ 10:34 AM
link   

lol

In case of fire;
Use stairs not elevators to get a Covid shot.

posted on Jul, 13 2021 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Remember a few years ago when you had to prepare for the Zombie Apocalypse to prepare for hurricanes because other than the guns, ammo and machetes, the prep was the same?

posted on Jul, 13 2021 @ 10:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: AccessDenied
Picture this:
Will this be a hindrance to you and your family receiving shelter and services after a disaster? Count on it.

Beat me to it. I was about to ask if it's even feasible that say FEMA or the Red Cross make the unvaxxed wait for assistance while the vaxxed are taken care of first.

I say yes, they have the audacity to do such a thing to victims of a hurricane or any disaster requiring relief and aid.

posted on Jul, 13 2021 @ 10:40 AM
link   
They are desperate to push Covid Vaccines that also causes heart inflammations.

posted on Jul, 13 2021 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Covid is an airborne virus
Hurricanes are huge amounts of fast moving air.
Hurricanes spread Covid so you need to have your vaccine to be safe from them.

This message was brought to you by the CDC.

posted on Jul, 13 2021 @ 10:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: EdisonintheFM

originally posted by: AccessDenied
Picture this:

Beat me to it. I was about to ask if it's even feasible that say FEMA or the Red Cross make the unvaxxed wait for assistance while the vaxxed are taken care of first.

I say yes, they have the audacity to do such a thing to victims of a hurricane or any disaster requiring relief and aid.

At the very least I expect you would be segregated from others in likely somewhat less comfortable surroundings and no doubt counciled to the nines about responsibility to public health especially under the circumstances. I would also expect that those vaccinated would receive priority relocation as well.

posted on Jul, 13 2021 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar

I just saw a vid on that I saved years ago on utoob. Like literally two days ago and i just spent 30 minutes trying to find it so i could link it and I'm not seeing it in the playlist.

Anyway, you are correct and I'm sure there's vids on it still, I reckon. Pffft. I can't never find what I want when I need it.

posted on Jul, 13 2021 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Gosh, if I were going to be in the middle of disaster aftermath, wouldn't it be important to have *all* my vaccines up to date, but especially the ones like tetanus?

posted on Jul, 13 2021 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Heck just a few months ago it would save you from a volcano.

posted on Jul, 13 2021 @ 01:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hero Protagonist
Heck just a few months ago it would save you from a volcano.

Instead of duck and cover, it's roll up your sleeve! Not even radioactive fallout can touch you if you've had your COVID jab.

posted on Jul, 13 2021 @ 01:17 PM
link   

or that time when the governor of the u.s. virgin islands passed a gun confiscation bill as a way to prepare for a hurricane.

link to the story

<<   2 >>

join