It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Parts of London Severely Flooded 12th July

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2021 @ 04:14 AM
link   
Woke up to find parts of London had a battering yesterday with thunderstorms and a months worth of rain in one day!

BBC - Flash Floods in London

Daily Mail - Biblical Flooding

Not liking this at all! Need to build me a big ass boat!

posted on Jul, 13 2021 @ 04:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: cjdust
Woke up to find parts of London had a battering yesterday with thunderstorms and a months worth of rain in one day!

BBC - Flash Floods in London

Daily Mail - Biblical Flooding

Not liking this at all! Need to build me a big ass boat!

Ummm…D’oh

The anthropogenic global warming…is falling…

Run for the…ark…

YouSir

posted on Jul, 13 2021 @ 04:25 AM
link   
a reply to: cjdust

I wonder what will happen to EV's in these conditions?

posted on Jul, 13 2021 @ 04:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: anonentity

I wonder what will happen to EV's in these conditions?

Ummm…holy crap…

“Millions of residents fleeing the biblical flood…were electrocuted…then boiled…as lithium ion battery packs from their electric vehicles…first short circuited…then caught the flood waters afire”…

Details at 11:00…

YouSir

posted on Jul, 13 2021 @ 05:21 AM
link   

Stay safe and sound; shelter in place the majority of the time inbetween errands etc. Flooding is a global problem.

posted on Jul, 13 2021 @ 05:25 AM
link   

Flooding is a yearly occurrence for many parts of the UK.....and they get relatively little assistance from Westminster.
Contrast that to the amount of financial aid that will be offered to London.

posted on Jul, 13 2021 @ 05:26 AM
link   

Intrestingly a number of years back the rothschild sold all their property around London. I remember thinking at the time, why?

The answer to that question may be arriving

Actually this is from 2020, Rothschilds house for sale in Regent Park, which is flooded now..
www.homesandgardens.com...

edit on 13-7-2021 by Panartisis because: (no reason given)

There have been significant or severe floods in Buckingham in 1998, 2007 and 2020. You are likely to have a neighbour who remembers if your street was impacted or not.

www.buckingham-tc.gov.uk... › ...

Flooding | Buckingham Town

The Pavilion, the private home of Lord Rothschild, is the only one of the Buckinghamshire Rothschilds seven houses to remain in Rothschild hands.
Wikipedia
edit on 13-7-2021 by Panartisis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2021 @ 05:30 AM
link   
Also historic rain here in Japan in the last 2 weeks.

posted on Jul, 13 2021 @ 05:58 AM
link   
a reply to: anonentity

Depends on the ride height. The exhaust in a combustion is lower than the battery pack in an EV. It's not a good advice to drive any of them through water that is deeper than exhaust level and there are other reasons like oil pan and temperature shocks to the engine block and different other bolt on's that you do not have in an EV. Normal passenger cars are not made to drive in such conditions anyways.

It's more spectacular though when the battery in an EV fails.

posted on Jul, 13 2021 @ 06:00 AM
link   
Happening in New york as well...time to get the oars and row boat out

posted on Jul, 13 2021 @ 06:14 AM
link   
Been a bit rough here on the gulf coast too. Water standing in the yard and can’t cut the grass. As such, one comes out of their home flailing their arms like the bushwhackers batting away mosquitoes. Not so bad when the sun is up, but when it’s down it’s crazy. I had about fifty of them come at me at one time and try to kidnap me for ransom.
edit on 13-7-2021 by willzilla because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-7-2021 by willzilla because: ETA

posted on Jul, 13 2021 @ 06:22 AM
link   
a reply to: YouSir

I’m convinced global weather is being manipulated somehow. Global warming was debunked years ago so they called it climate change instead. I think however someone has found a way of altering the weather which they are blaming on climate change.

The past few years the weather has been unusual the majority of the time, as opposed to the odd occasion, I work outside so am very aware of what the weather is doing and something else I’ve noticed is the air has a peculiar quality to it sometimes.
Like you can taste it almost, I can’t explain it exactly but you know how the sea air has that quality to it, well it’s similar to that.

I’m curious if anyone else thinks this or is it just me?

posted on Jul, 13 2021 @ 06:30 AM
link   
a reply to: surfer_soul

I wouldn't try and convince you sir lol.

Of course the Climate Change agenda is manufactured, this has already been said by them.
They have revealed this as a method for controlling the world, turn up the heat. Or bring in the rain, cause devastation then blame the people for mixing up their recycables, and booting it, in 3rd gear... They are monitoring every person and know exactly how to play the masses, through implementation of methods via bringing to the consciousness and watching through social media the effects. They can cause the talking points and do so often

If someone gets racially abused on social media and the news goes crazy about this anonymous troll, the troll is them, it's all manufactured.

posted on Jul, 13 2021 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Give it 10-20 years and a significant proportion of London may quite possible be under water if global warming and sea levels continue to increase.

And its not just London nether but quite a few areas in the UK that may experience severe flooding.

posted on Jul, 13 2021 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Apparently the problem is megabasements that have been built obstructing the natural aquifers and preventing drainage.

posted on Jul, 13 2021 @ 08:06 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Any idea how much under the city of London has been excavated, or how many tunnels and/or sewers have been constructed since the cities inception?

The answer is nobody really knows.

But the city has been occupied by people for 2 millennia and over time the capital has acquired a vast number of subterranean structures and spaces.

posted on Jul, 13 2021 @ 09:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: ThatDamnDuckAgain
a reply to: anonentity

Depends on the ride height. The exhaust in a combustion is lower than the battery pack in an EV. It's not a good advice to drive any of them through water that is deeper than exhaust level and there are other reasons like oil pan and temperature shocks to the engine block and different other bolt on's that you do not have in an EV. Normal passenger cars are not made to drive in such conditions anyways.

It's more spectacular though when the battery in an EV fails.

BAH! I've driven my internal combustion powered truck through rivers and streams so many times. The exhaust height means nothing; positive pressure keeps water out. You want to keep your alternator and carb out of the water.

Bearings were the only problem i ever really had.

posted on Jul, 13 2021 @ 12:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

Give it 10-20 years and a significant proportion of London may quite possible be under water if global warming and sea levels continue to increase.

And its not just London nether but quite a few areas in the UK that may experience severe flooding.

Ummm...IKWYM...

That 1 millimeter rise every 30 years...sure adds up quick...

YouSir

posted on Jul, 13 2021 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: incoserv

Trucks...Apples and oranges. I am sure EV considered for truck like uses will have this considered. BTW this is what I mean with "bolt on's". Alternators, intake piping, oil pan...

Also the "positive pressure" at the end of the exhaust will not be able to keep it out in low exhaust volume situations, depending on the width of the exhaust tip. If you use a truck, I can use a sport's car to compare and the muffler tip on mine was so big you could stick a fist inside it. On idle or low exhaust volume this will not keep the water out, never. My small fist though.
edit on 13.7.2021 by ThatDamnDuckAgain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2021 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn

Flooding is a yearly occurrence for many parts of the UK.....and they get relatively little assistance from Westminster.
Contrast that to the amount of financial aid that will be offered to London.

London gets flash floods pretty much every July, caused mainly by cuts to gully and drain clearage. For all the TV coverage, it's not as widespread as the regions get. This year it got more coverage because some celebrities got damp carpets.

Mind you, London boroughs that have an embankment on the Thames have been getting extra money for flood defences for about forty years now. No prizes for guessing which political party runs the boroughs that get the most money. Wandsworth got so much in the mid nineties that it's Council Tax was zero.

It's not likely to change any time soon. It wasn't the EU stitching up the regions. A few minutes on your favourite search engine will show you how much the European Social Fund spent in this country. It was Westminster. And the ESF isn't giving us money any more...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join