It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

amazing precise craftmanship of granite sarcophagus of Senusret II

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2021 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: HawkEyi
a reply to: 727Sky

Did the Ancient Egyptians really even built the Pyramids or were the Egyptians nothing more then take cares of those structures?

Remember no hieroglyphs were found at those three sites in Gaza. When i was younger in high school i started having some quite awkward questions for the history teacher and even the teacher wouldn't answer my questions.

why do you doubt the hard work of thousands of archeologists that are doing their job worldwide every day?
they have found all this in the first place, why discredit them?
because of some fringe writers that became popular with their commercial products ( dvds/ books/tours) ?
And liars like Sitchin and Däniken?
why throw reason and professional empirical work out the window? for believing those commercial neo-tech fairy tales?

posted on Jul, 12 2021 @ 02:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Harte
People will believe anything - mainly because they can't imagine working as hard as it would take to accomplish what Ancient Egypt accomplished.

I try to keep in mind that this is what these people did for a living for thousands of years. Many generations were born and died, probably passing along their jobs to their children. So I imagine they got pretty good at it. It wasn't like, "Oh, I wonder the best way to carve this rock." They knew. They had it down.

posted on Jul, 12 2021 @ 03:02 PM
link   

besides some guy's youtube video? (note: I've been to Egypt. I've seen those stones.)

I always find it interesting when people try to belittle a person when they lack in argument, what is it called when someone does that? It must have a name... too tired from the heat so brain function is not that smooth.

I bet you are aware that this particular "some guy" has achieved more things than all the people in this thread combined, too many to list but here are some.

A member of the international association of egyptologists.
NASTS gold ribbon.
Honored with the Chevalier de l’Ordre National du Mérite.
PHD in chemistry.
Author and co-author of 130 scientific papers and 50 patents.
World expert in modern and ancient cements
World expert in geosynthesis and man made rocks

....Some guy eh?

Shame on you man. Shame.

Now tell me who are you, sir internet person?

posted on Jul, 12 2021 @ 03:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: anti72

Did the Ancient Egyptians really even built the Pyramids or were the Egyptians nothing more then take cares of those structures?

Remember no hieroglyphs were found at those three sites in Gaza. When i was younger in high school i started having some quite awkward questions for the history teacher and even the teacher wouldn't answer my questions.

why do you doubt the hard work of thousands of archeologists that are doing their job worldwide every day?
they have found all this in the first place, why discredit them?
because of some fringe writers that became popular with their commercial products ( dvds/ books/tours) ?
And liars like Sitchin and Däniken?
why throw reason and professional empirical work out the window? for believing those commercial neo-tech fairy tales?

Maybe i would take them more seriously if they stopped treating these places like Disneyland.

You know.. The mystery is included in the package. They need the mystery for their tourist traps.

Like the lead egyptologist, Indiana Jones. That fat bastard takes all the credit and does nothing. Just ridiculous. They claimed years ago that they recovered statues from liquid state mercury in south america, there are zero photographs to prove this. They just wanted more money to continue their work. Quite sad really.

posted on Jul, 12 2021 @ 03:34 PM
link   
a reply to: anti72
Simple the Pyramids there are alot more older then what we are being told.

Remember that old Egyptian archeologist who tried to cover up the actual secrets of the Pyramid and wouldn't let people in a few years back till finally he was replaced by Egyptian authorities? a lot of the explanations that we have today for the ancient world is nothing more then speculations and theories.

posted on Jul, 12 2021 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Simple the Pyramids there are alot more older then what we are being told.

They're plenty old enough.

posted on Jul, 12 2021 @ 05:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: XipeTotex

besides some guy's youtube video? (note: I've been to Egypt. I've seen those stones.)

I always find it interesting when people try to belittle a person when they lack in argument, what is it called when someone does that? It must have a name... too tired from the heat so brain function is not that smooth.

I bet you are aware that this particular "some guy" has achieved more things than all the people in this thread combined, too many to list but here are some.

A member of the international association of egyptologists.
NASTS gold ribbon.
Honored with the Chevalier de l’Ordre National du Mérite.
PHD in chemistry.
Author and co-author of 130 scientific papers and 50 patents.
World expert in modern and ancient cements
World expert in geosynthesis and man made rocks

....Some guy eh?

Shame on you man. Shame.

Now tell me who are you, sir internet person?

Beg to differ there. The Youtube comes from "Bright Insight" which is by this person

About Jimmy:
- Independent researcher
- Former Theft/Fraud Investigator
- Army/Iraq war Vet who woke up
Education:
- MBA w/Marketing focus
- Bachelor of Communication & Sociology; Minor: Religious Studies
- Thousands of hours of research in subjects such as, lost ancient civilizations, philosophy, spirituality and the cosmos.

I would bet YOU can match those credentials, Mr. Internet Person.

As to Dr. Davidovits, he's definitely got his chops in geopolymers... but not in archaeology. By the way, I am also a member of that Egyptological organization. I do not hold patents... anthropology doesn't lend itself to patentable products.

I don't have quite as many papers as he does, but I do actually have more degrees than he does (according to the CV that I found on him.) (and yes, there's people on this thread and on this board who know me and know that this isn't hollow boasting and that I've left some details out.)

So, yes. I absolutely feel entitled to criticize the heck out of his theory as a fellow scientist. That's what scientists do. And I stand with my fellow Egyptologists (who have rebutted his ideas many times) and with the geologists who study the Giza plateau in saying that his ideas are wrong.

edit on 12-7-2021 by Byrd because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2021 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Howdy HawkEvi

I always love this reason. So, if the Ancient aren't the builders because there are no carved inscriptions why do you believe someone else did it when there are NO inscriptions from them anywhere at Giza (or anywhere)? If carved inscriptions are necessary for 'ownership' why do you transfer it from one group with no inscriptions to another without any inscriptions? Illogical.

Now there is writing there painted on by the ancient Egyptians - and there are no painted on ones from another invisible civilization at all

There is another image but my copy of it has gone wonky - here is one sources for that
archive.org...

Interesting factoid nine out of 110 AE pyramids contain texts, 8%, so the GP not having any is rather normal.

Additionally: At the pyramid's entrance, there is an inscription records that Menkaure died on the twenty-third day of the fourth month of the summer and that he built the pyramid. It is thought that this inscription dates to the reign of Khaemwas, son of Ramsses II. The name of Menkaure found written in red ochre on the ceiling of the burial chamber in one of the subsidiary pyramids.

Now I do hate to tell you this - but the idiots who told you 'there are no carved inscriptions on the pyramids of Giza' simply lied to you. There are. Menkaure's tomb has an inscription near the modern entrance:

cheopspyramid.com...

In the photo above the words "royal tomb", qrs nswt. The word for tomb is qrs. the "tn" at the end is feminine demonstrative. It may refer to the word grs, if it is feminine, but I am not sure. If so, then "this royal tomb". qrs is a common word and icon used on many mastabas as well.

I was just looking at some old threads. I don't post here on a regular basis - however Harte and Byrd can answer any of your questions.

Hey Harte and Bryd good to see you guys and gals are still posting here. I'm just looking for old info for a book I'm writing about a possible pyramid in the Hala'ib triangle and the infamous golden fountain of Horus

edit on 12/7/21 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

edit on 12/7/21 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2021 @ 06:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hanslune
I always love this reason. So, if the Ancient aren't the builders because there are no carved inscriptions why do you believe someone else did it when there are NO inscriptions from them anywhere at Giza (or anywhere)? If carved inscriptions are necessary for 'ownership' why do you transfer it from one group with no inscriptions to another without any inscriptions? Illogical.

Exactly. In addition to being compulsive carvers, the Egyptians were crazy about painting pretty much everything in bright, garish colors. I imagine the carved stuff we have left behind is only a tiny fraction of the inscriptions they actually did, because the rest of it washed/wore away.

Personally, I've thought that at least the interior of the King's Chamber in the Great Pyramid was probably covered in sheets of gold with hieroglyphics worked into them. Of course they're not going to be around anymore after it was broken into, leaving the bare walls. But it wouldn't surprise me. The whole dang pyramid was covered in inscriptions at one time.

posted on Jul, 12 2021 @ 07:03 PM
link   
just insane, honestly, if i had to pick the biggest mind boggling thing to me

Id be stuck at black-holes and they pyramids as to which is more puzzling

cave men...with copper tools, sorry not buying it

posted on Jul, 12 2021 @ 09:15 PM
link   

a reply to: Byrd

You can use anything for molds.

Your math is flawed as a true geopolymer hardens faster than cement or concrete.

It takes 24 hours to harden to final strenght.

And by the way, most of you walk everyday right past synthetic or liquid granite and do not even realize it.

Poured. Riiiight.

What a joke.

Harte

posted on Jul, 12 2021 @ 09:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hanslune

Howdy HawkEvi

Now there is writing there painted on by the ancient Egyptians - and there are no painted on ones from another invisible civilization at all

There is another image but my copy of it has gone wonky - here is one sources for that
archive.org...

Interesting factoid nine out of 110 AE pyramids contain texts, 8%, so the GP not having any is rather normal.

Additionally: At the pyramid's entrance, there is an inscription records that Menkaure died on the twenty-third day of the fourth month of the summer and that he built the pyramid. It is thought that this inscription dates to the reign of Khaemwas, son of Ramsses II. The name of Menkaure found written in red ochre on the ceiling of the burial chamber in one of the subsidiary pyramids.

Now I do hate to tell you this - but the idiots who told you 'there are no carved inscriptions on the pyramids of Giza' simply lied to you. There are. Menkaure's tomb has an inscription near the modern entrance:

cheopspyramid.com...

In the photo above the words "royal tomb", qrs nswt. The word for tomb is qrs. the "tn" at the end is feminine demonstrative. It may refer to the word grs, if it is feminine, but I am not sure. If so, then "this royal tomb". qrs is a common word and icon used on many mastabas as well.

I was just looking at some old threads. I don't post here on a regular basis - however Harte and Byrd can answer any of your questions.

Hey Harte and Bryd good to see you guys and gals are still posting here. I'm just looking for old info for a book I'm writing about a possible pyramid in the Hala'ib triangle and the infamous golden fountain of Horus

Hans,
You're leaving an opening. You should have told him about the painted-on glyphs found 40 feet into the so-called "air shaft" - BEYOND the "door."
Let's see Vyse crawl up in that 50 cm^2 hole and "forge" them.

Harte
edit on 7/12/2021 by Harte because: of the wonderful things he does!

posted on Jul, 13 2021 @ 01:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Harte

nice pix of the stones and plan, thanks..

edit on 13-7-2021 by anti72 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2021 @ 01:19 AM
link   

right..

I bet Vyse had a hard time forging that also at the correct position, at 121 meters ( lenght of the shaft).
as these are ancient construction marks.

posted on Jul, 13 2021 @ 03:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Byrd

originally posted by: Klassified

I bet that would turn out to be a geopolymer under a closer inspection, by foreign scientist, not by the local scientists.

Geopolymer has become quite popular as an explanation for everything megalithic because its proponents see it as an easy out. It has become the new gap theory. We can't explain it, so...geopolymer!

I think Davidovits hypothesis is unlikely. Ben gives a good list of reasons why in the video already posted.

I have something to say about his reasoning, yes, of course they used actual cut stones, but the chemical composition of many of the limestone blocks in the pyramids do not match the quarries.

What's the source for this... besides some guy's youtube video? (note: I've been to Egypt. I've seen those stones.)

Tool marks- there are a couple of reasons for tool marks in casted stone, one is to remove mold lines, and the other is to hide the method, as one can imagine information is valuable, and the buildings and temples would have looked more impressive if they gave the impression that the huge stones were dragged and lifted up.

Let's walk though this one, eh?

They spend time making individual molds (no two stones are the same size)... out of something (not wood; it'd have taken the entire forests of the Middle East to make forms for all those stones). Then, after making the forms they haul up a formula to the form and pour in some concrete.

Now, it takes 30 days per inch of depth for concrete to harden -- as any contractor can tell you.

There were 210 layers in the Great Pyramid (or so we believe. If not 210, it was close.) The layers aren't the same size, incidentally. The first layer looks to be about 40 inches tall (a bit over 3 feet) and the second layer is over 5 feet (60 inches) tall, as you can see from looking at photographs.

...sooooo....

They come in, make all those forms out of something (say 600 forms; I'm not sure how many stones there are in the first layer but there's a bunch). Then they come in and pour all the concrete.

...and sit around for 30x40 days (1,200 days - a shade over 3 years) and wait for it to dry completely so they can put up the next layer without things collapsing. And before starting that, send in work crews to chisel off the mold marks to make it look 'handmade'.

Then they make the 6 foot high layer out of a lot of forms and none of them are the same size and wait for 30x50 days - 1500 days (4 years) for layer number 2 to dry. At this point they've used up seven years of the reported 20 years to build the thing and they're only 2 layers up.

If it was a year per layer (way too short) it'd take them 200 years to finish.

Minimum.

Oh, and the actual molds, you can tell this guy knows nothing about making molds, its quite simple to cast a thousand different shaped bricks with some boards, no need for them to be identical.

If you have the boards, yeah. But Egypt doesn't have any large trees.

Just out of curiosity, how do you think they made the bricks in the mud brick pyramid? Certainly with no molds right? especially wooden molds because it is impossible to import large amounts of wood from africa, right? I know, since they were such hard workers, they pressed the mud bricks by hand!

posted on Jul, 13 2021 @ 04:35 AM
link   
a reply to: XipeTotex

musbricks are mudbricks.
tura limestone is tura limestone.
rose granite is rose granite.

posted on Jul, 13 2021 @ 08:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: anti72

right..

I bet Vyse had a hard time forging that also at the correct position, at 121 meters ( lenght of the shaft).
as these are ancient construction marks.

Oh no they're not!
That's Atlantean cursive - part of an Atlantean dirge they chanted to levitate the stones into place.

Harte

posted on Jul, 13 2021 @ 08:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Byrd
I don't have quite as many papers as he does, but I do actually have more degrees than he does (according to the CV that I found on him.) (and yes, there's people on this thread and on this board who know me and know that this isn't hollow boasting and that I've left some details out.)

Confirming you left some details out.

posted on Jul, 13 2021 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Just out of curiosity, how do you think they made the bricks in the mud brick pyramid? Certainly with no molds right? especially wooden molds because it is impossible to import large amounts of wood from africa, right? I know, since they were such hard workers, they pressed the mud bricks by hand!

Just out of curiosity, do you know how to find out things for yourself?
Are you under the impression that a clay brick has to be left in a mold to harden, like concrete has to be left in the mold?

FYI, mud brick making was documented by the ancient Egyptians themselves so you really shouldn't need to ask. Also, mud bricks are only shaped by the mold and are removed immediately after they are formed to expose more sides and facilitate sun drying, so a single worker with one mold can make about 12 bricks a minute.

Harte
edit on 7/13/2021 by Harte because: of the wonderful things he does!

posted on Jul, 13 2021 @ 11:15 AM
link   

So you are telling me that precious and rare and expensive wood is back on the table for making molds?

Ok, so if thats the case then 30 000 workers can create one giant geopolymer block in 24h each.

So it would take only about 76 days to create all the blocks in one pyramid.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join