It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One Sentence COVID Questions - Top 10

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2021 @ 04:25 PM
link   
You don't like my posting style?

I'm assuming that's code form you don't feel confident putting up the links.

originally posted by: Salander
a reply to: nonspecific

It's weeks old. I don't trust your posting style. Find it yourself if you are actually interested.

posted on Jul, 13 2021 @ 04:29 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 13 2021 @ 04:30 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 16 2021 @ 10:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Alien Abduct

I wont comment on your choice, but you may be interested in the most recent data from Israel, which has one of the highest vaccination rates in the world. Specifically with PFE mRNA

www.israelnationalnews.com...

From the article:

With a total of 835,792 Israelis known to have recovered from the virus, the 72 instances of reinfection amount to 0.0086% of people who were already infected with COVID.

By contrast, Israelis who were vaccinated were 6.72 times more likely to get infected after the shot than after natural infection, with over 3,000 of the 5,193,499, or 0.0578%, of Israelis who were vaccinated getting infected in the latest wave.

posted on Jul, 16 2021 @ 10:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific
Can I have a link to the German autopsy?

I'll have a nose about for any info on ones in the UK.

a reply to: Salander

University of Minn

National Institute of Health - First Postmortem study

Journal of Pathology - COVID Autopsies in Community Settings

posted on Jul, 16 2021 @ 10:14 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

Hey friend,

Assume you saw the Israeli data on vaccinated vs. non-vaccinated and PFE's short term intent to petition the FDA for approval of a booster? You think that booster will be a new formulation or simply a third shot of the same to boost antibody production? Have you seen any legit data one way or the other?

Thanks-

posted on Jul, 17 2021 @ 04:37 AM
link   
a reply to: FreeOrigin

WoW that's some astonishing data you have there, thanks for sharing! I think I might bring this information to my next doctor's appointment.

posted on Jul, 17 2021 @ 07:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: FreeOrigin

Hey friend,

Assume you saw the Israeli data on vaccinated vs. non-vaccinated and PFE's short term intent to petition the FDA for approval of a booster? You think that booster will be a new formulation or simply a third shot of the same to boost antibody production? Have you seen any legit data one way or the other?

Thanks-

Vaccine effectiveness that the Israeli's are measuring has dropped from 95% to 93%, so I don't think there is a need for doing anything rash quite yet.

Perhaps a modified mRNA strand will be trialed that pushes effectiveness back up, but I haven't heard anything. I'd expect to see papers, and have new trials happening, but there's nothing as far as have seen (and I don't know much of what is going on until people start publishing).

The issue, I think, isn't that changing the formulation is hard, I think the reals issues are logistical, with billions of doses coming off the productions, and the infrastructure to replicate and deploy on such a scale, being the point of inertia.

Even at a reduced effectiveness, a more complete deployment will get to herd immunity just as effectively, and then the next step beyond that, would possibly be eradication of the virus if there are no hosts for it to infect. After that, the COVID-19 vaccines would no longer be required at all.

posted on Jul, 17 2021 @ 07:44 AM
link   
a reply to: FreeOrigin

Thanks much for the information on the autopsies.

April and May information. I wonder if any more recent ones have been done.

A quick Bing search shows autopsies on those who died from Covid, but few to none of those that had been vaccinated and then died.

posted on Jul, 17 2021 @ 10:49 AM
link   
That's one autopsy of a patient while had been given a vaccene and the other two articles are autopsies from patients who had covid 19 but no mention of the vaccine?

originally posted by: nonspecific
Can I have a link to the German autopsy?

I'll have a nose about for any info on ones in the UK.

a reply to: Salander

University of Minn

National Institute of Health - First Postmortem study

Journal of Pathology - COVID Autopsies in Community Settings

posted on Jul, 25 2021 @ 10:16 PM
link   

How is herd immunity a possibility with a non sterilizing vaccine? Is that not scientifically illogical? Especially considering the current worldwide supply chain issues and waning efficacy? I want to believe... but the science simply does not support the premise.

posted on Jul, 25 2021 @ 11:58 PM
link   

How is herd immunity a possibility with a non sterilizing vaccine? Is that not scientifically illogical? Especially considering the current worldwide supply chain issues and waning efficacy? I want to believe... but the science simply does not support the premise.

Herd immunity is all about population numbers. Even for a reduced effectiveness, achieving larger coverage offsets the drop in effectiveness.

Consider that even if the vaccine had an effectiveness as low as 51%, but had 100% coverage, herd immunity would eventually establish as the infecting population of cases reduced. The curve isn't linear, both in the way populations grow, or in the way populations decline.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join