It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CD2021 I can't believe I'm doing this ---non.writer--

page: 1

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Jul, 10 2021 @ 08:28 PM
link   
The knots in my stomach have been hurting so long I can barely feel them anymore.
I feel my ribs poke out of my slightly worn shirt. Everyone always wanted to be slim, but not like this.
A million desperate thoughts play over and over in my mind. I thought I prepared for this. I set up the garden, I had seeds and a lot of extra food.
How could this happen? I never expected them to confiscate everything. I just can't believe this is happening...

I can barely take this line. What is taking so long? What will it feel like to eat real eggs and bacon again? Can I stomach it?
Is this the mark of the beast? Will God forgive me for my weakness? Why are the lights so bright in here? Everything looks so clean.
The thoughts in my head are so loud. Don't do this, they scream to me. My stomach tells my mind to shut up. I think about my ancestors and
what they had to go through for survival, was it this bad?

I pace a few steps forward. The guy in front of me is talking to his wife. He is berating her and telling her they should have just got the shot six months ago like he wanted to. She looks defeated, and hungry. She tells him she will be glad to get their car back and bank account. They get giddy talking about what they are going to eat first. She says she wants a big juicy steak. He says he wants real chicken from a chicken. My heart sank. I knew what he was talking about. Ever since the act we'd call any scrap we could get chicken. Rats, mice, even mashed up bugs were called chicken. Maybe calling it something normal made us feel better.

Ding Ding Ding you're up. I can hardly breathe, my head is spinning. I'm told to sit in the chair and get ready for the shot. I have to sign a waiver. It feels so wrong. Why am I letting them win? It was quick. A sharp poke and a little tattoo in a little horse shoe sign. The nurse with the dead eyes motions for me to go to the office to get my validation card. I get the card and fly out of there.

Delirium washes over me, first the thought of getting my own money back, then of food. Then it hits the pit of my soul. They own me. I allowed them to inject omega in me.

The End.

edit on Sat Jul 10 2021 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2021 @ 08:46 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Well done! I could feel the person's pain and with todays world, it could even happen.

posted on Jul, 10 2021 @ 08:52 PM
link   

That was amazing JAG. I don't recall ever reading so much passion in so little of a space. Truly powerful, and I feel it.

edit on 10/7/21 by argentus because: spellin'

posted on Jul, 10 2021 @ 08:57 PM
link   
That was good. Had me panic stricken at the thought of how real that could actually be.

posted on Jul, 11 2021 @ 12:19 AM
link   
JAG... Well Done! Starred & Flagged

Scary how close it is to being true....like those Mocking Bird J movies. That could really happen

posted on Jul, 11 2021 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Prophetic.

posted on Jul, 11 2021 @ 03:32 PM
link   
That could easily be written into a short film.

Enjoyed reading your story,
Johnny

posted on Jul, 11 2021 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Nice, had me at the edge wondering what was gonna happen. Nicely written

posted on Jul, 13 2021 @ 12:10 PM
link   

very good story , I felt you in that line .

posted on Jul, 13 2021 @ 10:03 PM
link   

The End!!

Nice!!

(Seems that Covid has turned us a bit ‘pessimistic’ on what we call “Delerium”!! LOL! What do you expect after a year of watching TV???)

posted on Jul, 13 2021 @ 11:02 PM
link   

If you’d like a song that covers a similar theme...

posted on Jul, 14 2021 @ 12:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

The End!!

Nice!!

(Seems that Covid has turned us a bit ‘pessimistic’ on what we call “Delerium”!! LOL! What do you expect after a year of watching TV???)

Isn’t that something? Delirium was often seen as a good/high/drunk/nice feeling before. Now it’s just crazytown!

posted on Jul, 15 2021 @ 05:32 AM
link   
A reflection on the day's events...

posted on Jul, 28 2021 @ 10:41 PM
link   

I enjoyed this immensely. The line “ A sharp poke and a little tattoo in a little horse shoe sign” Reminded me about how the adopted shelter dogs and cats around here ; that get a green line tattoo about 1 to 2 inches long indicating that they are neutered or spayed.

top topics

join